It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in the Pits... Pagan Gods fight for supremacy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm going to put this in the video game thread not because it is a video game but because it should be!

So here's what I'm thinking every week or so we'll put 2 challengers up against one another. And you'll help choose the winner. I'm sure the debates will be fun to read, as breaking down how the battle will play out will get our imaginations running.

Round 1: Hades Vs Zeus. Environment: Space

We know Zeus is god of the lightning bolt. But does anyone truly understand what it would mean to be god of the dead?

God of the Dead would mean to be god of the spirit world. In other words you don't have to be dead to be ruled by Hades. Because all living beings have a spirit in them.

Let the battle begin.

VS

edit on 30-8-2013 by 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t

Well they are both pretty nasty warriors but Hades is the bigger jerk. But... they did prove that lightning works in space so I think Zeus has the upper hand here.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Death is inevitable and permeates all time and all spaces. Light only fills up a tiny portion of the darkness of space, which is death and emptiness, therefore, as infinite as the cosmos is dark and void, so is the potential for Zeus's light to fill, but in the end, creation cannot survive without the other, so, it's impossible to tell since both are creation gods.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaSynthesis
Death is inevitable and permeates all time and all spaces. Light only fills up a tiny portion of the darkness of space, which is death and emptiness, therefore, as infinite as the cosmos is dark and void, so is the potential for Zeus's light to fill, but in the end, creation cannot survive without the other, so, it's impossible to tell since both are creation gods.

That's very insightful and poetic but I think the OP was more interested in who's gonna knock the other one out.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I'd have to say Hades would win then. I can picture a corrupt undead Zeus at his side from the battle with Kratos

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Technically this battle would end in a tie because the soul is pure energy therefore hades would be able to manipulate zeus's bolt since it's pure energy. Zeus would also be able to manipulate Hades soul since it's a lightning bolt. Basically neither was ever Dominant over the other one.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Next battle!

Poseidon

VS

Odin

new topics

top topics

join