It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We may be launching ATS.5/3 today.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
So would it be possible to have the "new ATS" run only on mobiles and tablets yet keep the "old ATS" for desktops and laptops?

And rely one one person to maintain two different code bases?

No. Not going to go there.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The intent is to have ATS available for all formats, both mobile and PC that are responsive. That eliminates the need for two separate websites, which you can imagine is a considerable draw in resources.

Listen guys, I've been using this new site for a few months now and to be honest, now that I can't access it because of the login issue, the 'old' ATS looks clunky and unresponsive.

I too wasn't bit on changing the style, I did love the way it was, but after having used this one for only a short period of time, I really am missing it.

Give it an honest few days, get used to the new layout and feature placements and I'm sure it will grow on you.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ok so I use ATS mainly on my phone a iphone3gs, when the site changed I found it too in your face I don't know hard to describe. I didn't have time to swap it to desk top display or anything so I don't know what it's like on a PC.

One thing I did find a bit bad when reading a thread were people's avatars the current ATS you can clearing see the posters name next to their comment. On the new ATS the avatar and users name were on top of each other found it harder to see who wrote what. I find the current lay out perfect to use easy to find stuff .. And I'm one of the lucky users to actually use the search engine without fail

I say keep it as it is but I can adapt to change

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I do read from my mobile but never post, I can't figure it out
sigh

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomentered

Yeah, I don't like the new emocons much, and I am hoping they will have a way to customize color and text for the site eventually. Will take some getting used to. The dark version of the site is much easier to read than the light version.

link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa
The icons on the new site are broken, using a CSS URI that breaks the cross-site rules. I see it like this:

I had the same problem last week during the 'test'.

It was a Firefox setting on Win7.

>Tools
>Options
>Content .... 'Advanced' (box)

'Check' - allow pages to choose their own fonts......

mine was UNchecked.

link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

We shall see... Of course, you may be right... I certainly understand the resource management issue.

Tough choices all around. But I still stand behind my Gulag clothing comments.

link   

but after having used this one for only a short period of time, I really am missing it.

Life is like that, how do you think they get women to change their fashion so often.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have to say I'm not pleased by some of the changes.

I just got a note from a mod that stated that member names are going to be designated by staff instead of being created by the individual.

My new name is now "Jerk Face Who Posts A lot"

My wife won't be pleased when I have to order new checks and I have no idea what the DMV is going to do!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Its not a question of " adapting" in a kind of " get with the new" way

Some of us due to our biology simply could not adapt. Unless more options were given in regards to the color.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I don't care really , but I really really hate the smilies, a lot

Guess I will go explore

edit on 033131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I think that is very fair and i can understand what skeptic is saying about having to run both sites.

I personally am quite licking what i am seeing so far of the new site, no doubt it needs tweaked a little, I think that the post text boxes should be larger (whats with all that space on the right), we should have the old smilies and I am sure there are a few other bugs and pages that need sorted out.

But over all i love the new site, I think the changes to Chat is amazing, i love the new navigation and i like the idea of the option of light and dark, and on mobile, well, i think its probably one of the best mobile sites i have seen.

But with that said, some members are not going to be happy.

How about a ATS pole to have a look, ask members what they think.

link   
And let the flood of "oh no's" commence....

link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Yes agreed, the " new layout" made me feel visually impaired.

Sunglasses would have been the only way I could comfortly use it.

link   
If it's not broken, don't fix it.

link   

beezzer
I just got a note from a mod that stated that member names are going to be designated by staff instead of being created by the individual.

Cool .. I can change my screen name. That could be fun ....
So many possibilities .... I have a few suggestions.
(I'm sure folks here would have a few suggestions for a new name for me ...
But I'm thinking most of them would go against T*&C and couldn't be used!)

link   
Why do I feel like overloard is playing games.... Laughing as he hit the button to change it back...

Welcome back to the "twilight zone" your fee~ Free!

Gosh darn these children drawn emoticons....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ahhhh paradise lost......

link   

Stormdancer777
I don't care really , but I really really hate the smilies, a lot

Then lead a member project to find or create a collection of smilies that I will agree fits well with the new site design.

They must be able to work as a CSS Sprite (PNG or JPEG) which means no animated GIFs.

The current (new) smilies are an ultra-efficient @webfont, which is part of the reason. If you and the member find or create a nice new set of smilies, I (seriously) will integrate them into the new site.

link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This has it's perks and all, but it is so cluttered. I really don't like that at all, as it makes finding articles a pain.

The "New Topics Page" and it's structure was *brilliant* and to see it replaced by this makes me sad.
I hope you guys try to bring that back and in a way that is designed for not only phone users but us on desk and laptops.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join