It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military has Doubts about Syria Strike (will they refuse strike orders?)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
LOL!!!!

I saw the headline and nearly fell off my chair.

Since when, would the military question orders?!?!?? Nevermind outright refusing!!!!

LOL

I wish I could video myself laughing so you could actually see it!!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Didn't Jeff Bezos just buy the Washington Post Aug 5th...

He may have some good NEW News and not bought by OB staff yet!

knock-knock at his door soon!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hi Common Good,

Originally posted by Common Good
...All military personel have the right to disobey unlawful orders....
...Going to war without the approval of Congress is unlawful....
and unconstitutional, even though every Democrat alive disrespects and defiles the constitution, as does their beloved dictator hussein.

Correct me if I'm wrong, all armed forces personnel have an obligation to disobey unlawful orders, including where such orders come from soetoro, Hagel, John The Poodle Kerry, or even Nancy Pelosi.

Arguably, all orders coming from Muslim usurper-dictator (and serial liar) hussein soetoro saebarkah, are unlawful.

So, what we have, are general officers, who may decide to defile their oath of office and obey what will obviously be an unlawful order. Then we'll know who the lap-dog general officers are.

And, if they do obey the unlawful order, they'll be giving

AID and COMFORT TO THE ENEMY!,

because Dictator hussein soetoro supports the MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD TERRORIST ORGANIZATION!
Need proof? Here's the link to the 22 Reasons to stay out of Syria.

Meanwhile, as another ATS message thread so eloquently points out, the anti-war protestors continue to remain conspicuously silent.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adonsa
Hi Common Good,

Originally posted by Common Good
...All military personel have the right to disobey unlawful orders....
...Going to war without the approval of Congress is unlawful....
and unconstitutional, even though every Democrat alive disrespects and defiles the constitution, as does their beloved dictator hussein.

Correct me if I'm wrong, all armed forces personnel have an obligation to disobey unlawful orders, including where such orders come from soetoro, Hagel, John The Poodle Kerry, or even Nancy Pelosi.

Arguably, all orders coming from Muslim usurper-dictator (and serial liar) hussein soetoro saebarkah, are unlawful.

So, what we have, are general officers, who may decide to defile their oath of office and obey what will obviously be an unlawful order. Then we'll know who the lap-dog general officers are.

And, if they do obey the unlawful order, they'll be giving

AID and COMFORT TO THE ENEMY!,

because Dictator hussein soetoro supports the MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD TERRORIST ORGANIZATION!
Need proof? Here's the link to the 22 Reasons to stay out of Syria.

Meanwhile, as another ATS message thread so eloquently points out, the anti-war protestors continue to remain conspicuously silent.

Hello To you Adonsa

Nailed it

I cant correct you- because you are not wrong.

Not much I can add to this post since I agree with it- Thanks for the reply

One more thing- Remember the vetting of Generals Obama did a while back? This may have something to do with it as well-just a hunch.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Maybe this is a really good time for the senate and the house to take a quick look at the forgery of a birth certificate that obama has shown -

Maybe they need to look at nancy pelosi's and harry ried's responsibility in certifying him as a candidate for office of the president?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

Ha, here's a coinkey-dink for ya...

I was watching local news earlier today and it was mentioned - Bay City, Michigan is having an anti-war rally tommorow!

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That's all fine and dandy, but where do you draw the line? It is really going to come to firing upon American civilians until the military men finally get a grip over reality?

Every War since WW2 has not passed through congress, therefore they are all unconstitutional.

If you do not follow the constitution, it sounds like you are a traitor. In my mind, every grunt, officer and general in the Military is a traitor if they served in a war post WW2.

Sounds harsh I know, but how are we honestly going to stop any wars unless the Military says no? The civilians? ha! We killed over 5 million civilians in Vietnam, and THEN we got out!

What a joke. You want to end wars? The Military has to step up and get some balls, and say no to unconstitutional wars and attacks.

You're not fighting for America, you're fighting for filthy Zionist Central Bankers, as if it wasn't obvious enough.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Common Good

Maybe this is a really good time for the senate and the house to take a quick look at the forgery of a birth certificate that obama has shown -

Maybe they need to look at nancy pelosi's and harry ried's responsibility in certifying him as a candidate for office of the president?

I for one dont think that issue will ever be resolved, thats one issue they made sure never to be revealed no matter how phony the BS they put out looks. I can care less at this point where he is from- IMO- he should be impeached for all the crap he has put this country through. Worst president EVER.

Now hes about to throw this entire country under the bus because he made himself look like a fool.

We have all made mistakes- but the good ones take responsibility and own up to them.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

What a great reply. I agree 100%.

Many wonder why we do not see the anti-war movement up in arms? I on the other hand understand that progressives are like plastic bags flapping in the wind. The term paper rear end really fits this one. They have lost any high ground they might have had in the past. They also lost any voice they might have had in the future.

Being progressive is a sickness of the mind and this kinda proves it.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
So now this has turned into a thread where all liberals are those who want to burn up the constitution and are diseased somehow.

Way to keep the debate at a high level guys.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

melodramatic much?

-but ok- yes- all liberals.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
In the Marine Corps we define discipline as the instant, willing obedience to orders, respect for authority, self reliance and teamwork. It’s not our job to second guess lawful orders or question the legality or constitutionality of a presidential directive.

Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

think for yoruself...use your own common sense...what is right and wrong?

say no to unjust orders

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
"I can't believe the president is even considering it," a young Army officer, who is wrapping up a yearlong tour overseas, told the Post under the condition of anonymity. "We have been fighting the last 10 years a counterinsurgency war. Syria has modern weaponry. We would have to retrain for a conventional war."

That is the most important thing to note right there - this is not attacking some Al Qaeda members in caves, this is attacking a country with modern weapons. I think that John Kerry is forgetting that, after 10 years of war against easy targets, this one would strike back.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think if the military refused orders, it might just end up giving the enemy a bigger advantage in an already bad tactical situation.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I have to agree with FlyersFan on this. Speaking from a USAF Cold War Vet's perspective, the recent sequestration cuts in military readiness, leading to vast "stand-downs" of squadrons and forces, has crippled our response capabilities. I know of whole squadrons who have been down for months without practice time or flight time, not to mention loss of pay, and, while they won't deny or refuse an order, they may not carry out the mission successfully.
Practice in a simulator only goes so far. The Weapons Training School at Nellis has been shut down entirely, "for the duration", so we'd better have forces still active in the Syrian conflict if we're gonna strike.
And if the rebels win out of this, who do we back, since they have close to 1,000 separate Islamic groups in their ranks?
As the younger generation says, "I'm just sayin'". Thanks in advance to any and all replies. Darkblue52 signing off.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I do find it ironic that the "I was for it, until I voted against it" crowd is now mongering for war. Its doubly ironic that their sycophantic supporters are virtually silent when their idyllic benign dictators create a situation whole cloth such as we have in Syria. It is triply ironic to watch then twist, turn, bend and fold in order to find legality in any military intervention that basically supports an enemy element allied with Syrian rebels.

At least GB2 had cover under the U.N. and Congress before initiating action in Iraq, Obama cannot even make that claim as the Congress has not voted, UN has not ruled and NATO has abandoned any effort.

This is the best example of naked unilateral action that liberals have been carping about for decades - where are those oh so loud voices now? Code Pink? Cindy what's her name is not camping this time? WTH?

This is getting very interesting even with no absolute proof but the shadows are indicating there is a rift in the military and political leadership between patriots and sycophants only interested in career enhancement.

My opinion,the patriots know any action borders on if not actual treason due to assistance given to Al Qaida elements embedded within rebel ranks.

The sycophants support the administration in order to keep and maintain career status and future pensions.

Time will tell which faction has more influence.

I think poster upstream who pointed out that modern weapons systems fail at the strangest times has it about right as to how orders may be taken but for various reasons may not be carried out.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
While I'm sure any strike of Syria would be like playing Russian roulette with nukes! I don't think that any
military officers would be willing to refuse any order of the commander and chief no matter how foolish an
order it may be! If we do end up going into Syria I really hope Obama has worked out some kind of deal
with Russia and China! I do think one of the few real reasons for going to war with Syria is to enrage Iran into
aggression! I am so tired of seeing America use war to scold countries for not playing with American funny money! America Is evil and there is no democracy left where cowards seem to tread, calling for the death of so many behind the military might of a warped nation, intent on controlling every aspect of the world we exist in!
When the average American is to busy to take a stand against this evil then where will the line be drawn to bring an end to this tyranny? Wake the #^(% up America and grow some balls.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
First if the military were to refuse an order then we'd all be in much more trouble than anyone can imagine. A military coup in the US would probably cause the Constitution to be completely rewritten as the shadow govt really wants.

Second the prez is a puppet. So are those that call him out for being weak and not attacking Syria or any other country/organization (McCain, etc). They are all puppets of the elite/shadow govt.

If it was already decided that there will be a war then there will be one, with or without public or congress approval. History is repeating itself.

That being said, all our politicians are disappointing welfare addicts who game the system to get the max benefits out of it without producing absolutely anything. I wish we'd have term limits for all branches of govt and political donations - a max that can be received per candidate and office, not per donor. We need to go back to the grass-roots and elect people that have a message not rubber-stamp people who have an R or a D behind their name.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by silo13

I’d like to think no one would follow the orders to ‘hit’ Syria. The problem is I’ve seen too many YouTube videos and negative reports on ‘today’s military’ lust for blood regardless who’s blood is shed.

It has nothing to do with bloodlust! The military isn’t full of rabid dogs.

It has to do with discipline. In the Marine Corps we define discipline as the instant, willing obedience to orders, respect for authority, self reliance and teamwork. It’s not our job to second guess lawful orders or question the legality or constitutionality of a presidential directive.

The last paragraph of the OP’s NewsMax article sums it up.

"When a president draws a red line, for better or worse, it’s policy," an Army lieutenant colonel told the Post, referring to Obama’s declaration last year about Syria’s potential use of chemical weapons.
www.newsmax.com...

No It's not filled with bloodlust filled rabid dogs but me thinks it is filled with unquestioning automatons without
the ability to critical think! I wonder how do any of them sleep at night! They would have to believe every lie they are told. To totally deny any truth they may see even with their own eyes! Is it any wonder why so many of them end up committing suicide after coming home and finding out the many contradictions of their situation! I realize many of them only enlist because of the terrible economic situation that our leaders created! Then these same politicians create the wars for them to murder or die in! If they don't die, then they can be maimed, rendered Insane or both! Eugenics by another name perhaps~

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Can we lock up the guys who just got on TV lying to the public please?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join