It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goddess Worship And The Babel Religions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

That's the best you can come back with? WS just thoroughly debunked the whole religion of Christianity in two posts, and you fall back on prophecy?

Saying only god could prophecy what would happen in the future is like believing the builder of a time capsule is a prophet of god for predicting when and how the capsule he built will be opened.

Guess what, the builder left a note telling those in the future when and how to open it. The bible is that note.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashMoreFeet
reply to post by nicolet

Have you actually sought out your own foundation for what you believe? Or is it simply based on the popular direction of current thought?

Have you ever read the Bible?

We will all be held accountable for our beliefs, thus I suggest they be based on something more substantial than the college years of kumbaya and love and light, or the empty religious trends of the day.

The first step in finding Truth is to break away from the herd.

Understand, please, first, I have great respect for your post and your belief.

But there are people in this thread quoting Bible verses to you, too, that put a paradox to what you assert. Have you ever wondered, in that vein, that the Bible could have, perhaps, been talking of more than one God, from one testament to another.....or that it has been tranlation wise, corrupted? That from the Council of Nicea and onwards, that there has been mistranslation of it, censurship of it, or just outright pure change of what was orignially intended?

Do you really believe, for instance, that God asked Abraham to go up the mountain with his first born and sacrifice him, as a show of faith?
Respectfully,
Tetra50

ETA: Yes, I have read it cover to cover. Something for your consideration, (whilst I am influenced by, I will admit, by other histories, as well), without disrespecting the bible, and, in fact, have always been focused on the Tower of Babel, for it separated us, supposedly, as species, race, and language, and why would God do this?

SOURCE

COMPLETION OF THE REVISION.

Some work upon the revision was, in all probability, begun soon after the appointment of the committees. Vigorous effort was, however, delayed till about 1607, for what reason is unknown.

When the translators had finished their work, a copy each was sent from Oxford, Cambridge and Westminster to London, where two from each place, six in all, gave it a final revision, and Dr. Miles Smith and Bishop Wilson superintended the work as it passed through the press. The former wrote the Preface, which is entitled, "The Translators to the Reader."

The expenses of the work were not borne by the king, who pleaded poverty, but by voluntary contributions from bishops and others who had fat livings. The king, however, rewarded the translators by bestowing good livings on them as vacancies occurred, and by ecclesiastical promotion.

The work was given to the public in 1611, in a folio volume printed in black letter, the full title as follows:

"The | HOLY | BIBLE, | Conteyning the Old Testament, | AND THE NEW, | Newly Translated out of the Original | tongues: & with the former Translations | diligently compared and revised by his | Maiesties special Comandement. | Appointed to be read in Churches | Imprinted at London by Robert | Barker, Printer to the Kings | most excellent Maiestie | Anno Dom. 1611."

The same year, the New Testament, in 12mo, was issued, and in 1612, the entire Bible in 8vo, and in Roman type. The Genevan Bible, however, had a firm hold on the popular heart, and it required the lifetime of a generation to displace it.

This "Authorized Version" never was authorized by royal proclamation, by order of Council, by act of Parliament or by vote of Convocation. Whether the words "appointed to be read in churches" were used by order of the editors, or by the will of the printer, is unknown. The original manuscripts of this work are wholly lost, no trace of them having been discovered since about 1655.

The title-page speaks of this version as being "with the former translations diligently compared and revised." In their address to the readers, the translators themselves say: "Truly, we never thought, from the beginning ... that we should need to make a new translation, nor yet to make of a bad one a good one; but to make a good one better, or out of many good ones, one principal good one." Speaking of this acknowledgment, Dr. Krauth, of the present version committee, says: "Without this confession, the Authorized Version would tell its own story. It is only necessary to compare it with the older versions, to see that with much that is original, with many characteristic beauties, in some of which no other translation approaches it, it is yet in the main a revision. Even its original beauties are often the mosaic of an exquisite combination of the fragments of the older. Comparing it with the English exemplars it follows, we must say it is not the fruit of their bloom, but the ripeness of their fruit."

The singular fact has been brought to light within a few years that in the year 1611 there were two distinct folio editions of this Bible published. There are some copies extant where the sheets from the two are combined; and some, where the title-page of 1611 is prefixed to the later editions. The two editions of 1611 had distinctive titles, though it is said that in some cases these were interchanged; one being a wood-cut which had been used before in the earlier Bishops' Bible, and the other an elegant copperplate. Each of them has also errors and readings peculiar to itself. One edition has, for instance, "Judas" instead of "Jesus" in Matt. xxvi., 36; the other has a part of the verse repeated in Exod. xiv., 10, making what printers call "a doublet." In Gen. x., 16, one copy reads the "Emorite," and the other the "Amorite." One has in Ruth iii., 15, "He went into the city;" the other has, "She went into the city." This led to their being designated, the great He Bible, and the great She Bible.

edit on 29-8-2013 by tetra50 because: more clarification

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

WS didn't debunk anything. All he/she did was prove to us one more time that Satan has always had the ability to try and divert attention away from God by creating other religions, trying to destroy the Israelites, and trying to keep Jesus from ever being born, all because he knew what was going to happen. Yet, the Bible explains that. In the meanwhile, you don't have any other god who claims to have died for his followers so that they might have eternal life with him, a complete guide on how to follow him, detailed warnings on Satan's ability to deceive us, a book of prophecy so we wouldn't be blind to the way the world was heading, and a complete description of how he would end/correct it and start anew.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Have you ever wondered, in that vein, that the Bible could have, perhaps, been talking of more than one God, from one testament to another.....

Jesus spoke too much about the importance of scripture, quoted numerous verses from the Old Testament, spoke of how he came to fulfill it, quoted the God of the Old Testament directly claiming to be the same Alpha and Omega, I AM, etc. for it to be more than one God.

or that it has been tranlation wise, corrupted? That from the Council of Nicea and onwards, that there has been mistranslation of it, censurship of it, or just outright pure change of what was orignially intended?

Personally, I think God has the power to preserve his message (and those who don't think so are limiting God's ability) and I think the Dead Sea Scrolls back that notion up. If we didn't have the Bible, the only thing we would have left is personal experience. How would we know how to experience God without the Bible? How would we know that it wasn't acceptable to God to practice mysticism and magic to come to that understanding? I seriously doubt that God would leave us stranded on a deserted island without a lifesaver and instructions on how to use it.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

So how do you know Satan isn't the author of the bible? How do you know the great deceiver and god of this world hasn't deceived you into believing he isn't your god?

Christianity and Yahweh are the most popular religion and god in this world, yet they have nothing to do with Satan who is the god of this world. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Hey Deetermined:

Personally, I think God has the power to preserve his message (and those who don't think so are limiting God's ability) and I think the Dead Sea Scrolls back that notion up. If we didn't have the Bible, the only thing we would have left is personal experience. How would we know how to experience God without the Bible? How would we know that it wasn't acceptable to God to practice mysticism and magic to come to that understanding? I seriously doubt that God would leave us stranded on a deserted island without a lifesaver and instructions on how to use it.

I find that you may be ignoring He gave us free will, and Eve took it, according to the very Gospel you take as gospel. In other words, he left us, to some degree, to discern, once that choice was made, if that we even the "choice," it was, and I say this because it blames WOMAN, almost entirely, and I am sorry, but I don't fully accept that as actual..... Nor more than I believe that paying homage to the goddesses of old led to prostitution, as someone in this thread commented.

Frankly, I am sick of seeing women, and as an extension, HUMANS blamed, just for the state of what it is to be human, in favor of man's choice for transhumanism, or to name the evil and offer his own creation as an answer, when all that's led us to here and now, is worse and worse……

Do you not see that those of you who do not accept there may be other answers, (for example, you site the Dead Sea Scrolls.....and are you sure the translation of them is accurate, right now? Do you speak Hebrew, read hieroglyphics, know logograms, etc?) and think this is being a stalwart Christian, are only feeding what I site above: the idea that this is how we got in this mess, and man can create something better that may be even more of an abomination?

I am amazed, constantly, as someone who is faithful to a higher power, that this is the state of things, and that those who profess to believe continue on, with the I AM crap. That is new age crap.....sorry. He never said it like that. In fact, Jesus challenged those who tried to make him say that....did you not read the same Bible I did.
Give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's. Do you not understand fully what that means? This has become a far too politicized issue, in my opinion, for anyone to actually see or understand, or discern truth any longer.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So how do you know Satan isn't the author of the bible? How do you know the great deceiver and god of this world hasn't deceived you into believing he isn't your god?

Christianity and Yahweh are the most popular religion and god in this world, yet they have nothing to do with Satan who is the god of this world. Go figure.

Hey 3NL1GHT3N3D1:

Exactly. That's what I am trying to say here. It isn't one thing or another. It is many. What about the agnostics?
How does anyone know these translations are accurate, after all. Constantine warned us that even Hell had its own version of the Bible. Does no one realize what taking control of that information and using it to their advantage might mean today in the modern world????

I ask that, as someone who has faith, and see it stomped on everyday, by others' claiming to have the same, but closed to any other possibilities, and therefore, feeding what it is and means to have faith......
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think I can answer your questions just by asking you to read the comments I made right above yours.

In the meanwhile, I was just thinking about Winword's posts on why some of the laws in the Old Testament seem so outrageous to us today. We all spend a lot of time talking about how horrible things are in the world today and why God hasn't stopped it yet. Then I look back and remember how much worse things must have been back in the days before the flood or the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. What it must have taken to try and keep people on the straight and narrow when sin was obviously running more rampant then even what we see today.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
In fact, may I say that the division of gender is as much what has happened to us here, as race, language, religion, etc.... Did God do that, as well, in the Tower of Babel, while we babbel on about it. Not revere women? How is it you got here to discuss this?

Supposedly in the Old Testament world, it was a sin to even talk to or acknowledge a woman during her menses....and yet, you would not be here today discussing this topic without her menses.....would you? Would you rather a testube, being a clone, an android, a robot........

For without consideration of what I have described, this is where we will go from here....... The path is not narrow in that respect. Too few faithful realize what that even means, IMO, as concreted views in what may not even be the correct translation or what this is all about do the opposite of what you profess to be desiring: saving all those who would be saved, by faith, not by acts. Oh, sorry, that's what you're about, right? Because that's what a Chistian is supposed to be, right? And further, what does that mean to you? Sticking to a dogmatic, exclusionary way of looking at this, to disallow what I just described, or what?
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I find that you may be ignoring He gave us free will, and Eve took it, according to the very Gospel you take as gospel. In other words, he left us, to some degree, to discern, once that choice was made, if that we even the "choice," it was, and I say this because it blames WOMAN, almost entirely, and I am sorry, but I don't fully accept that as actual..... Nor more than I believe that paying homage to the goddesses of old led to prostitution, as someone in this thread commented.

Adam and Eve made their choices, which in return, allowed us our choices. I don't see the Bible blaming everything on Eve. Adam admitted that he allowed himself to be deceived, just like Eve. It's amusing to me what people tend to perceive so personally.

Lev. 19:29 Do not profane your daughters by making her a prostitute in order that the land may not commit prostitution and the land actually be filled with loose morals.

Deuteronomy 23:17 None of the daughters of Israel may become temple prostitutes neither may anyone of the sons of Israel become a temple prostitute.

1 Kings 14:23, 24 And they too kept building for themselves high places and sacred pillars and sacred poles upon every high hill and under every luxuriant tree. (24) And even the male temple prostitutes proved to be in the land they acted according to all the detestable things of the nations whom Jehovah had driven out from before the sons of Israel.

1 Kings 15:12 According he had the male temple prostitutes pass out of the land and removed all the dungy idols that his forefathers had made.

1 Kings 22:46 And the rest of the male temple prostitutes that had been left oven in the days of Asa his father he cleared out from the land.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

This is one place I must disagree with you Deetermined. Respectfully, of course. And from a Christian perspective.

Jeremiah 31

31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them,[a] says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Ezekiel 36

26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

So what's my point? Anyone who believes that only by reading the bible can one live a life as a Christian, and understand what that means, is limiting God's ability. The bible shows very clearly that not only can god lead a Christian through life without scripture, he did, and has many times over.

The apostles, and many who came after them are shining examples of this. You were talking about prophecy fulfilled. The above verses, to the Christian, should be of utter importance in regards to fulfilled prophecy. The bible may be handy, but many have lived a good Christian life without it. another verse you might find relevant.

John 16

13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you

I did a teaching on this many years ago. There are many more verses that go with it, but that will suffice for now.

But to my main point. If one is a mature Christian, I would think the first thing they would understand is, god put in the best safeguard against corruption of scripture there could possibly be. The above verses testify to it.

Balaam's donkey is now finished preaching.
edit on 8/29/2013 by Klassified because: redaction

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

And it's amusing, as well, if not downright so saddening I could cry about it, that all you can come up with in response to a very deep subject that I implored you to recognize the superficiality and negation of it, is all you can reply to me with are verses about prostitution......

Oh well....so sad, that more do not see they are, in fact, prostituting themselves in this way. As usual, what you define and name in this place you are in, it will make that of you, one way or another, if your mind is not open, and you do not understand the meaning of discernment.

In other words, we can exchange verse for verse, but if you do not recognize where you are and what happens here, through discernment, which is not as simple as quoting verses, we ALL LOSE. That should be more important than either of us being right, should it not?
edit on 29-8-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hey again, Deetermined:

Would you please refrain anymore from quoting verses to me about prostitution, as my responses have been about far more than that, and responding like that gets offensive, at some point.....
Thanks,
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

and that those who profess to believe continue on, with the I AM crap. That is new age crap.....sorry. He never said it like that. In fact, Jesus challenged those who tried to make him say that....did you not read the same Bible I did.

Without going into ALL of the verses where Jesus says that Him and the Father are one, or where he says "before Abraham was I AM", I suggest reading all of John, Chapter 14. In his non-direct way, you'll see how he's claiming to be God and the Holy Spirit. When the Bible talks about the mysteries within it, the greatest mystery of all is the fact that Jesus is indeed God himself. From the Old Testament to the New Testament, from the beginning to end. Jesus spoke this way so that the Pharisees wouldn't understand Him and they didn't. In John 10, Jesus explains how only his sheep are capable of hearing his voice and understanding it.

edit on 29-8-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Really? Things being worse than today? I find that really hard to believe. Did you experience how bad things were back then that you can comment with certainty that they were worse than today?

I guess a few gay guys having sex in Sodom and Gomorrah back in the day was worse than countries dropping atom bombs on each other that has affected everyone in the area for generations, or the atrocities happening in the Middle East today?

Tribesmen killing a few people with sticks and stones doesn't even begin to equate to what goes on in the world today. If you think otherwise, I'm sorry to say, but you are completely delusional. Just because you have a comfortable life doesn't mean everything is all fine and dandy everywhere else.

I have a feeling if you lived in Syria right now, you'd be thinking the complete opposite.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by tetra50

and that those who profess to believe continue on, with the I AM crap. That is new age crap.....sorry. He never said it like that. In fact, Jesus challenged those who tried to make him say that....did you not read the same Bible I did.

Without going into ALL of the verses where Jesus says that Him and the Father are one, or where he says "before Abraham was I AM", I suggest reading all of John, Chapter 14. In his non-direct way, you'll see how he's claiming to be God and the Holy Spirit. When the Bible talks about the mysteries within it, the greatest mystery of all is the fact that Jesus is indeed God himself. From the Old Testament to the New Testament, from the beginning to end. Jesus spoke this way so that the Pharisees wouldn't understand Him and they didn't. In John 10, Jesus explains how only his sheep are capable of hearing his voice and understanding it.

edit on 29-8-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

EXACTLY. He would have never said, "I AM." For in a sense that would be heresy, even for HIM. It is for God to say who we are, choose us, and use us to show that, not for us to say it. Jesus exemplified this over and over. It was to teach US, to not be so concerned with who was right and who was wrong, and who was who they claimed to be, "For God the father shall know us each one."

What about being Christian makes people become arrogant with their knowlegde and/or belief system? I wonder.
You do us all an injustice, especially when speaking to one who has faith, as you claim to.......

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

In fact, may I say that the division of gender is as much what has happened to us here, as race, language, religion, etc.... Did God do that, as well, in the Tower of Babel, while we babbel on about it. Not revere women? How is it you got here to discuss this?

Matthew 10:32-38

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

In John 10, Jesus explains how only his sheep are capable of hearing his voice and understanding it.

And you are the only sheep here who can understand? Is that what you are saying. We were also told to accept and tolerate, and withhold our judgement, as that belonged to ONE only....weren't we.......

Caution, teach away, my friend. Arrogance will teach its own lesson, forthwith....
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

And you think what you are doing here is taking up the cross? Oh my God. Help us all, please.
who care what line it is....if this is how the faithful define what being faithful is......

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

We were also told to accept and tolerate, and withhold our judgement, as that belonged to ONE only....weren't we.......

Not true. Biblically, Christians are to judge deeds and actions, just not the person themselves.

John 7:24

24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

edit on 8/29/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join