It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Out Prosperity Preachers (Like Joel Osteen)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
really great thread, OP.

a true revival results in many small churches and they powerfully defeat evil, like in Transformations 1:

youtu.be...

no jumping up and down

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Osteen and others like him would fit right in with the money changers that Jesus drove out of the Temple. When Jesus Christ was on earth, Jewish religious officials and others used religious occasions as opportunities for profit, particularly during Passover. Did Jesus view this practice favorably? No! In fact, the Bible tells us that “he poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.” He said: “Stop making the house of my Father a house of merchandise!”—John 2:14-16.

(2 Corinthians 2:17) 17 [We are;] for we are not peddlers of the word of God as many men are, but as out of sincerity, yes, as sent from God, under God’s view, in company with Christ, we are speaking.

My favoitye....

(Matthew 10:8) . . .you received free, give free.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Reply to post by the EstimatedProphet of the Lord;

How slow people are to understanding the truth...Don't you all know that religion is a systematic “organized lie” to deceive you from the true faith of God!

To believe in the Lord of Spirits, who is also known by many names from different languages across the world, you do NOT need a religious "cult" to believe in Him.

Religions have been around for many years, up-until this very day, and they have become more conniving and more manipulative to the people, deceiving them constantly by vainly using the Lord for their malicious practices by feeding the people with lies and their own interpretations of " hidden prophetic scripture," thus controlling the people with their own theories and imaginations of things without regards to the Supreme Being!

In-other words, these so-called “preachers” are false…What many people don’t know or even care to understand and/or believe in, is that almost all of these worldly religious leaders, who are considered pastors and fathers and rabbi’s, etcetera, are living double lives in a false pretense in a systematic role or action to deceive their religious communities who are also their own followers!

What many people also fail to understand or know, is that most of these religious leaders, preachers and teachers of such cults, are members of the “Secret Societies” such as the Freemasonic Club, who secretly worship worldly things, such as money and other luxuries and simple material things like cars and houses and owning vast pieces of land, Property and/or Real-Estate…They even secretly worship Satan in the rituals that they produce while invited into their “Lodge of Secrecy!”

You must be a member first in-order to join these social clubs, by being initiated through their traditional methods and everything must be secretive…The key into joining such cults varies from your social status or quo during the life that you live in the systematic world!

So the key to becoming a member into these societies range from either knowing someone who is already a member and/or a friend who will ask you if you would like to join, etcetera…But the primary purpose to many people’s success in today’s world/generation comes from the help of these organizations.

People who join must have a purpose or wanting of material gain and/or of a mundane (world) success, which is all basically routed-out to money, luxury and wealth. Thus the person(s) have “carnal desires” such as; ambition, greed, lust and/or any other immoral (wicked or unethical) decisive behavior and desires thereof in-order to succeed in this world, etcetera.

This would be probably one of the fastest ways to climb to the top of either a corporate latter or a pyramid of deception…In other words, joining such cults can grant you a higher social status in society, but not without a “price!”

Anyways, how else will these so-called pastors, preachers, rabbis and religious leaders get their riches and churches up and running...In other words, where do they get funded from or “grants” to pay for their churches, vehicles and property/bills, etcetera?

Do they really make enough money from the people who join their so-called religious communities or organized societies to pay for their houses and churches?

Maybe yes and maybe no…You people will have to do some homework if you are seeking the truth because there is much more than meets the “eye” of this religious deception.

Here is a video that partially speaks about the truth and of what or whom these religious leaders really are.

"It is all deception folks!"

And yes, the people are at fault for believing in those deceptions because of their own ignorance…The people do not like truth, therefore they fall victim(s) to an illusion of a conspiracy and/or deception from these religious organizations!

Why..?

Because people like to hear about the good things and also about the many blessings and false promises of what their religious leaders and teachers have to say. Moreover, most people do not want truth because they would prefer to feel comfortable in their "imaginations" living in both safety and security without any worries!

Will this is a good thing "right," to feeling secure...But what many of these false preachers forget and/or don't care to mention is the actual truth because it is not to their benefit because the people will be "scared and/or ashamed" and their missions of spreading false rumors and deceiving the people will end.

Therefore they are very careful in how to address the people, so their cunning plans are to mix the truth and mingle them with lies.

"There is NO revival!"

Revival would probably define the spiritual awakening...Anyways, in reality the only so-called "Revival" that the people shall have will be the day when their safety and security vanishes. Thus, the only awakening in those days, will take place during the days of trials for all inhabitants of the land here on earth.

It shall be a day of gloom, weeping and mourning with great supplication to the Lord of Hosts!

People have been deceived by their religious organizations and the false teachings thereof. When the time comes, many will be caught unprepared, thinking that it was to unfold according to the supposed plans and thoughts of those false religious leaders, and then they will find themselves like "Lost Sheep without a Shepard!"
edit on 29-8-2013 by estimatedprophet because: "More Info!"

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There's only one minister on television that I will listen to. Shepherd's Chapel.

I will NOT listen to these wealthy preachers. They seem to forget that you can serve two masters, G-d or mammon. Easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than a rich man enter the kingdom of G-d. Have these 'preachers' forgotten what Scripture says about rich.

I don't have a pot to pee in, a window to throw it out of, or a bucket to catch it ... but I'm happy! I do have Yeshua!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I personally have no sympathy for idiots and even less for religious idiots.

These preachers are blatantly con men but good on em in my opinion, if your stupid enough to believe that god will make you rich its only a matter of time before someone somewhere takes your money for something else.

Didnt Jesus tell people not to lust after wealth and to live frugally anyway?
The preachers are not true Christians and neither are the ignorant morons giving them money that they cant afford to give

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
I personally have no sympathy for idiots and even less for religious idiots.

These preachers are blatantly con men but good on em in my opinion, if your stupid enough to believe that god will make you rich its only a matter of time before someone somewhere takes your money for something else.

Didnt Jesus tell people not to lust after wealth and to live frugally anyway?
The preachers are not true Christians and neither are the ignorant morons giving them money that they cant afford to give

Jesus did teach his followers to be content with what they have. But he also had compassion for those that had been led astray by false teachers.

“On seeing the crowds he felt pity for them, because they were skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd.” (Matthew 9:35, 36)

Jesus felt for the common people. He was keenly aware of their miserable spiritual condition. He knew that they were mistreated and utterly neglected by the very ones who should have been shepherding them—the religious leaders. Like “sheep without a shepherd,” the people were starving spiritually and left to fend for themselves. Compassion motivated Jesus to preach.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Great OP. Ever heard of Larry Huch?? He is the newest one on my long list of charlton conmen. Ever since my mother in law and father in law found there jewish roots through this guy they have been trying to jam that crap down our families throat to the point where we hardly speak any more. I followed alot of these guys growing up because i new no better since that was what my parents always had on the t.v. Now as an adult it is so blatantly obvious what the real agenda is behind these guys. $$$ Wolves in sheeps clothing. Its amazing how many gullible people still fall for these con artists.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Maybe they are trying to buy their way into heaven? The collection basket has been quite favorable to the likes of Pat Robertson and Joel Olsteen. On the other hand, it looks as though not much alms giving is going on? Especially on their end. Big houses, fancy cars, designer suits, and first class everything. Are they humble steward's of Christ's ministry? That is for the Almighty to decide, and members of their flock. Whom am I to cast the first stone?

I have never put to much stock into what they are saying at the pulpit, but that is just me. Although, it seems scores of people are mesmerized by what they are saying? That baffles me. How can they find God in a multimillion dollar mega-church with all the trimmings of a rock concert or a professional sporting event? All of it seems contrary to what took place during Christ's earthly mission. He was humble, modest, and spoke out against the treasures of this world. Yet these rockstar preachers are teaching one thing which is Christ's message, but are living another way. Jesus Christ spoke out about this very subject.

I think that parable applies to the likes Joel Olsteen, and other rockstar preachers? I guess, to each their own.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I've watched a video wherein Joel Osteen denied Christ is the only way to heaven.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Prosperity Preachers are devils.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join