It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a conversation with divine intelligence

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by tachyonmind

Even pain is only a reaction to a vibration... or even a wave...

The material can not react or interact without "something else" thus...

there is more to existence then the material...

precisely.. raah! =)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tachyonmind

You interviewed Maynard?!?!?!?!?

Was it in person?!

sadly not, it was over the phone..

I LOVE Tool and APC (my favorite band is tied between Tool and Led Zeppelin), and Maynard's a modern musical genius. I'm so jealous, you're so lucky!!!

I haven't watched the video yet because I'm currently watching football with some people but I'll watch it when I get away.

i am very fortunate to have had many interesting conversations with many interesting humans, and for this i am immeasurably grateful..

the video is just a tool song, from lateralus.. i personally prefer tool to a perfect circle, and pink floyd to led zepplin.. but at the end of the day, it's all rock n roll.. =)

are you familiar with maynard's work in puscifer? this elton john cover describes pretty much exactly how it feels to be a being such as myself..

edit on 29-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

Oh, man...it would've been immeasurably epic if it had been in person but even over the phone is still absolutely awesome. You're definitely lucky to have interviewed lots of interesting people...what I wouldn't give to have the opportunity to pick the brains of and converse with and learn from interesting people like Maynard!

I love the song in the first video you posted...Disposition is super soothing, I've listened to it a million times but sometimes I'll listen to it just to fall asleep, LOL. I definitely prefer Tool if I have to choose between Tool and APC. Pink Floyd is second on my list of favorite bands; I only put Zeppelin above Floyd because Zep won a place in my heart earlier than Floyd...starting at age five, I grew up on classic rock and it was easier to rock out to Zeppelin than Floyd as a little kid. I was born in the wrong decade, LOL!

I'm familiar with Puscifer but I've never liked it as much as Tool or APC...Maynard's done a fine job in Puscifer but he just can't outdo his work with Tool and APC. That cover of Rocketman is pretty good, though!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888

You interviewed Maynard?!?!?!?!?

Was it in person?!

sadly not, it was over the phone..

I LOVE Tool and APC (my favorite band is tied between Tool and Led Zeppelin), and Maynard's a modern musical genius. I'm so jealous, you're so lucky!!!

I haven't watched the video yet because I'm currently watching football with some people but I'll watch it when I get away.

i am very fortunate to have had many interesting conversations with many interesting humans, and for this i am immeasurably grateful..

the video is just a tool song, from lateralus.. i personally prefer tool to a perfect circle, and pink floyd to led zepplin.. but at the end of the day, it's all rock n roll.. =)

are you familiar with maynard's work in puscifer? this elton john cover describes pretty much exactly how it feels to be a being such as myself..

edit on 29-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

Oh, man...it would've been immeasurably epic if it had been in person but even over the phone is still absolutely awesome. You're definitely lucky to have interviewed lots of interesting people...what I wouldn't give to have the opportunity to pick the brains of and converse with and learn from interesting people like Maynard!

the man is amazing, i cannot deny.. did you know that at one point he carried around and handed out business cards proclaiming he was jesus, just for a laugh? absolutely brilliant! anyone who has the spiritual intelligence to humanise religion is holy in my book.. =)

the dude understands the true spirit of man, and therefore he is a musical genius as you have rightly said..

I love the song in the first video you posted...Disposition is super soothing, I've listened to it a million times but sometimes I'll listen to it just to fall asleep, LOL. I definitely prefer Tool if I have to choose between Tool and APC. Pink Floyd is second on my list of favorite bands; I only put Zeppelin above Floyd because Zep won a place in my heart earlier than Floyd...starting at age five, I grew up on classic rock and it was easier to rock out to Zeppelin than Floyd as a little kid. I was born in the wrong decade, LOL!

ha! i know what you mean.. i grew up listening to "the wall" on my dad's vinyl.. bless him, he didn't know what he was programming me with! xD

I'm familiar with Puscifer but I've never liked it as much as Tool or APC...Maynard's done a fine job in Puscifer but he just can't outdo his work with Tool and APC. That cover of Rocketman is pretty good, though!

i agree, although i think its mostly because he doesn't take it as seriously.. his side projects, like apc and puscifier, his acting work, guest appearances, and even his vineyard.. are just carefully placed pieces of his holy inspiration by life.. at least, that is what he told me as i remember it.. the band "Tool" is God's tool he is to use, in maynard's view, everything else is another man's tool..

in other words, with Tool he is a tool of God, otherwise he is a passenger..

the disparity in honest, personal spiritual expression is evident when you compare these appearances to those he performs with Tool:

edit on 30-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

home: relating to a place where one lives; a permanent residence

home is transitory to the human body, to the human experience

we pick up, we move, we make a place of dwelling and so the cycle continues

perhaps the question has its fallacy in the lack of words one has a choice to use in trying to imagine what is being asked

home... the seat of your awareness is your home

the great 'homecoming' happens the instant all delusions are cast away

home then, to the awakened, is wherever one decides to put their attention and focus on, whether it be on a transitory state or the place from which all things manifest

the answer simply is:

when you choose to go home, but where is one going that one has not already been ?

do not view home as separate

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thing is, I have poof beyond any question of doubt, solid eyewitness proof, that an omnipotent creator does indeed exist. I cannot share this proof with anyone else because I am the only witness, nevertheless the fact that I do have proof allows me to speak with some authority. Can you comprehend what it means to have actual proof, to no longer doubt, to no longer wonder, to no longer have to resort to faith? Its hell of a jolt! Its something you can't ignore. Its too fantastic to believe yet you have no choice but to believe it. It is impossible to shut your eyes to it even when you wish you could.
At the same time nothing is ever the same anymore. You see everything differently. I am not pious, I do not have deep religious convictions, I try to keep an open mind and not judge others. I see the foolishness behind their thinking and motivations but it is not for me to go all holier than thou.
I asked no questions, the option was not given me but if it was I would have asked why remain such a mystery? Why not give to all what you have given to me? What a difference that would make. But no. Truth is He/Her/It looks down and has an agenda and while we play a major role in it we have no say. This is why we have no way of questioning and no hope of receiving an answer even if we found a way.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Thing is, I have poof beyond any question of doubt, solid eyewitness proof, that an omnipotent creator does indeed exist. I cannot share this proof with anyone else because I am the only witness, nevertheless the fact that I do have proof allows me to speak with some authority. Can you comprehend what it means to have actual proof, to no longer doubt, to no longer wonder, to no longer have to resort to faith? Its hell of a jolt! Its something you can't ignore. Its too fantastic to believe yet you have no choice but to believe it. It is impossible to shut your eyes to it even when you wish you could.

do you know what it means to be one of your brothers who do not know how to see the proof you see? are you aware that what you witnessed is being witnessed by all?

At the same time nothing is ever the same anymore. You see everything differently. I am not pious, I do not have deep religious convictions, I try to keep an open mind and not judge others. I see the foolishness behind their thinking and motivations but it is not for me to go all holier than thou.
I asked no questions, the option was not given me but if it was I would have asked why remain such a mystery? Why not give to all what you have given to me? What a difference that would make. But no. Truth is He/Her/It looks down and has an agenda and while we play a major role in it we have no say. This is why we have no way of questioning and no hope of receiving an answer even if we found a way.

"i am the way, and i am the light" -jesus

"deeds are eternal.. not the flesh.." -the immortals (silly movie)..

i hide nothing.

i was one of these:

and then this happened:

and now i am this:

edit on 1-9-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

You don't appear to be capable of comprehending clear plain language which would explain why you are equally incapable of relating in clear plain language. Personaly I don't mind the barrier that exists between us, in fact I'm glad its there.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

So we are like a television show to this omnipotent being, called the earthlings.
This week's episode, chemical weapons and retaliations with dead children, i wonder if he has popcorn to eat while watching down on us

The next episode will surely be fun to watch for him, flying missiles, with more casualties and misery.

Also, why should you still hold on to a belief if you know?
Believes are after all, based on a idea, theory, not on facts.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

what would you ask this guy?

Why allow all the different religions? They can't all be right so they must all have error? Why allow people to be worshipping in error or believing in error?

Suffering. Seriously. Isn't there a better way?

Why wasps? They are ugly ... they are hurtful ... I see no purpose.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Shema

You don't appear to be capable of comprehending clear plain language which would explain why you are equally incapable of relating in clear plain language. Personaly I don't mind the barrier that exists between us, in fact I'm glad its there.

i comprehend clear plain language, and i see no barrier between us.. obviously what i appear to you is not what i am..

earthling42
reply to post by Shema

So we are like a television show to this omnipotent being, called the earthlings.
This week's episode, chemical weapons and retaliations with dead children, i wonder if he has popcorn to eat while watching down on us

The next episode will surely be fun to watch for him, flying missiles, with more casualties and misery.

Also, why should you still hold on to a belief if you know?
Believes are after all, based on a idea, theory, not on facts.

God is not a "being", he is "be" itself.. He does not "watch" as you think he does.. He/I came here to make this sort of thing clearer..

holding a belief is the same as knowing something, there is no difference except in the terms of description.. a fact is a truth, and i am aware of all truths..

FlyersFan

what would you ask this guy?

Why allow all the different religions? They can't all be right so they must all have error? Why allow people to be worshipping in error or believing in error?

Suffering. Seriously. Isn't there a better way?

Why wasps? They are ugly ... they are hurtful ... I see no purpose.

religions are the work of man.. they are a record of man's attempts over history to understand God, and they are all correct.. the error is the fundamentalist belief of one religion being more correct or relevant than others.. they all work together perfectly, if people could understand where they come from and to which populations they apply..

suffering is also the work of man.. man must take responsibility for his actions, blaming God is pointless and just an excuse to duck responsibility..

wasps, like all insects, play a very important part in the operation and maintenance of the world, and without them the world and we would not exist.. i'm pretty sure a wasp would consider you ugly and hurtful too..
edit on 10-9-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I write something and immediately you conclude that i think there is a being watching down on us...

i was joking with replying to that post

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

earthling42

I write something and immediately you conclude that i think there is a being watching down on us...

i was joking with replying to that post

i know

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join