It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a conversation with divine intelligence

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
let's consider an abstract or theoretical situation.. that there is an universal, supreme intelligence behind all things, and that you had the opportunity to question its representative in humanity to your heart's desire..

what would you ask this guy?

bear in mind that his answers would be limited to those of understandable human expression, not always literal, and not always "logical", according to your personal definition of logical thought..

also bear in mind that this being is ostensibly human, and cannot create "miracles" to prove what he says is the absolute truth, only arrange information in such a way as to as closely represent divine truth as can be done from a human perspective..

i'll kick it off by sharing what i asked;

"what is the point of the story of life?"

the answer he gave me:

edit on 28-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tachyonmind

Why guy?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Why guy?

natural subjective convenience since i am myself a man, apologies for this, not offence was intended..

let me rephrase, a woman would in fact serve this thought experiment better; they have an emotional intelligence and inherent wisdom a man has no ability to understand nor interpret..

essentially though, this being is "consciously" both male and female, her/his/its physical form is defined by whatever form would be the most "energy efficient"..

"if you're an alien, why do you look like a human?"

"why is a soap bubble round?"

"i don't know, why?"

"because it is the most energy efficient configuration" -k-pax

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I so get what you're explaining! Would love to watch the film, no time or bandwidth now. Can u try and capture what you got from it? I know words can be trick with these things, but plz point that finger at the moon you saw

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Well it's like George Carlin said;

looking at these results, if there is a supreme being, it has to be a man.

No woman could or would ever f*ck things up like this.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I recall no such conversation. What was the question again, please?

I do like the music though and that one is going into the Library. Thanks for that!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by asciikewl

I so get what you're explaining! Would love to watch the film, no time or bandwidth now. Can u try and capture what you got from it? I know words can be trick with these things, but plz point that finger at the moon you saw

not quite certain what you're asking me, point my finger at the moon?? i did enjoy the film though, made me wonder how many "mentally ill" people are simply being honest..

Originally posted by earthling42
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Well it's like George Carlin said;

looking at these results, if there is a supreme being, it has to be a man.

No woman could or would ever f*ck things up like this.

haha! agreed! if God is a man, the world must be His poor wife.. xD

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I recall no such conversation. What was the question again, please?

I do like the music though and that one is going into the Library. Thanks for that!

i'm not asking you to recall a conversation, i'm asking you to hypothetically have one..

let's consider an abstract or theoretical situation..

so glad you're now a freddy's fan, their lyrics often hit you with such honesty, and their beats are, i think the kid's these days say, "freakin' dope"..

stick around and and i'm sure there'll be more =)

"he who is spiritually educated is he who is musically educated, music is the living spirit of man" -james keenan

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You know, in my early childhood i stood at a farm, at first watching the horses but then looked up to heaven.
Leaning on the fence, i thought to myself, why??
As a kid i went to a christian school, and they taught me how he would watch over us, how his only son died for our sins, i was captivated as a little boy by the stories, and also the psalms we sang in class.
But at home it was a hell.
When i leaned againt that fence the question was why, if you do exist, than why are you not watching over me, why are you not there for me.. what have i done to deserve this kind of life, and decided that he did not exist or he had forsaken me, so i would turn away from him.

But the peculiar is, it will be alright, whatever happens, everything will turn out to be alright.
Trust in what shall be.

Since that day i have never felt the need to put a question, and now i would not even know what to ask if there was a supreme being.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Bravo. Interesting read. I'd probably just ask the guy if he can touch his nose with his elbow

Are you really Stephen Fry?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42

You know, in my early childhood i stood at a farm, at first watching the horses but then looked up to heaven.
Leaning on the fence, i thought to myself, why??
As a kid i went to a christian school, and they taught me how he would watch over us, how his only son died for our sins, i was captivated as a little boy by the stories, and also the psalms we sang in class.
But at home it was a hell.
When i leaned againt that fence the question was why, if you do exist, than why are you not watching over me, why are you not there for me.. what have i done to deserve this kind of life, and decided that he did not exist or he had forsaken me, so i would turn away from him.

But the peculiar is, it will be alright, whatever happens, everything will turn out to be alright.
Trust in what shall be.

Since that day i have never felt the need to put a question, and now i would not even know what to ask if there was a supreme being.

good, because there is no such thing as a "supreme being", only an infinite variation of "beings", existing as part of a perfectly balanced whole of "be"..

Originally posted by EA006

Bravo. Interesting read. I'd probably just ask the guy if he can touch his nose with his elbow

thankyou =)

no i cannot touch my nose with my elbow, although i can touch my elbow and my nose =P

i am personally not stephen fry, although he is a friend, we don't keep in regular contact.. we throw the odd thing at each other now and then and see what we can come up with..

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

^
In the first quote you have in that post, which I link above, I think the person is asking you to summarize the contents of the videos you've put up in the thread so far.

Also, you should probably reread this one:

Originally posted by tachyonmind

thankyou =)

no i cannot touch my nose with my elbow, although i can touch my elbow and my nose =P

i am personally not stephen fry, although he is a friend, we don't keep in regular contact.. we throw the odd thing at each other now and then and see what we can come up with..

I would ask the divine intelligence, "what is my personal view of this world?"

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Learner

^
In the first quote you have in that post, which I link above, I think the person is asking you to summarize the contents of the videos you've put up in the thread so far.

the videos are summaries of the answers to the questions asked.. i'm not sure further summation is wise..

Also, you should probably reread this one:

thankyou =)

reread it, unfortunately i'm not sure what i'm supposed to take from rereading it..

I would ask the divine intelligence, "what is my personal view of this world?"

your personal view is the perspective of your wandering eye, an abstract perspective of the one true perspective.. you may think that you are on the inside of your body looking out over the world, but in fact we are all on the outside drawing the world into us through our bodies..

edit on 29-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There is no need to ask such questions when one is connected to the divine intelligence because all of the answers are already be there. There is only a feeling of "wholeness", "completeness", "satisfaction", and "peace" - the best part is, it is possible to embody this state of being NOW. You can choose your focus, and therefore you can choose your state of being.
edit on 29-8-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

"he who is spiritually educated is he who is musically educated, music is the living spirit of man" -james keenan

Is that James Keenan as in Maynard? Where'd you find that quote? It's quite nice!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
There is no need to ask such questions when one is connected to the divine intelligence because all of the answers are already be there. There is only a feeling of "wholeness", "completeness", "satisfaction", and "peace" - the best part is, it is possible to embody this state of being NOW. You can choose your focus, and therefore you can choose your state of being.

the answers are always there, yes, but people still ask and do not find these answers, that is why i am here..

everybody is capable of embodying a state of wholeness, completeness, satisfaction, and peace, but not everybody is aware of it, not everyone is aware of their connection to the divine intelligence..

Originally posted by jcutler12888

Is that James Keenan as in Maynard? Where'd you find that quote? It's quite nice!

yes, it was maynard, it was during an interview i did with him on my local radio station that he said it.. we were discussing the role of music and its ability to educate.. here's one that followed not long after:

"music is about listening. the more you listen the more you understand. music is a tool for your spiritual self-realisation."

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888

yes, it was maynard, it was during an interview i did with him on my local radio station that he said it.. we were discussing the role of music and its ability to educate.. here's one that followed not long after:

"music is about listening. the more you listen the more you understand. music is a tool for your self-realisation."

You interviewed Maynard?!?!?!?!?

Was it in person?!

I LOVE Tool and APC (my favorite band is tied between Tool and Led Zeppelin), and Maynard's a modern musical genius. I'm so jealous, you're so lucky!!!

I haven't watched the video yet because I'm currently watching football with some people but I'll watch it when I get away.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You interviewed Maynard?!?!?!?!?

Was it in person?!

sadly not, it was over the phone..

I LOVE Tool and APC (my favorite band is tied between Tool and Led Zeppelin), and Maynard's a modern musical genius. I'm so jealous, you're so lucky!!!

I haven't watched the video yet because I'm currently watching football with some people but I'll watch it when I get away.

i am very fortunate to have had many interesting conversations with many interesting humans, and for this i am immeasurably grateful..

the video is just a tool song, from lateralus.. i personally prefer tool to a perfect circle, and pink floyd to led zepplin.. but at the end of the day, it's all rock n roll.. =)

are you familiar with maynard's work in puscifer? this elton john cover describes pretty much exactly how it feels to be a being such as myself..

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I asked you to reread it so that you might understand that the question typed by "EA006" was not directed to you.
Although, after seeing how you've responded to other posts here, I'm considering that you are intending to answer the questions here (which i thought were aimed at an entity other than you) as though they were implicitly directed to your self. I had not considered that.

As to my own question, which I asked in my last post, I was wanting an answer that was more specific than what you gave me. I did not mean for the phrase "my personal view of this world" to be answered how you had answered it. Your answer seemed too general.
I was looking for a more precise description of my perspective, details about my thoughts at certain points in time.

your personal view is the perspective of your wandering eye, an abstract perspective of the one true perspective.. you may think that you are on the inside of your body looking out over the world, but in fact we are all on the outside drawing the world into us through our bodies..

So what is "the one true perspective", how does one see [through?] it, and why do you believe that "we are all on the outside drawing the world into us through our bodies"?
edit on 29-8-2013 by 1Learner because: I replaced quote-boxes with quotation marks.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

let's consider an abstract or theoretical situation.. that there is an universal, supreme intelligence behind all things, and that you had the opportunity to question its representative in humanity to your heart's desire..

I would ask when we could come home...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What i would ask?
"Do you have an appointment?"
edit on 29-8-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join