It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend just took half a bottle of Tylenol

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm sorry, to all of you who like to call me a self-indulgent whiner for posting threads like this, and if you haven't noticed, I really am trying to stop posting so much in the "Rant" forum.

But I'm freaking out. I can't stop shaking. I have to go back and fix a zillion typos with every word, my hands are trembling so bad. Just got off the phone with 911, they said they'll be at his house soon.

This is my best friend, and he doesn't see it. He doesn't see at all how much people care about him.

In fact, I don't think he cares about how we, his friends, feel. At all.

But I love him like a brother. He IS my brother.

He texted me a goodbye, after he took a bunch of Tylenol, just a few minutes ago.

Praying that the EMTs get there soon.

I'm so scared.

Things have already been hell, now this...

I'm so damn scared

And I'm sorry, I know this is random, out-of-the-blue to post here, but its the middle of the night, everyone is asleep, I can't get a hold of anyone, I'm completely alone and I'm so terrified I can't stand it. I had to tell someone, and I know a lot of ATSers are kind hearted folks who stay awake all hours of the night like I do, browsing threads. I just had to tell someone, there's no one else I can talk to right now

I'm so damn scared I can't stand it

edit on 26-8-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I suggest you get an ambulance there as soon as possible and not be here. Acetaminophen is highly poisonous in large doses and time could be a factor.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
I suggest you get an ambulance there as soon as possible and not be here. Acetaminophen is highly poisonous in large doses and time could be a factor.

Did you read anything I posted??

Of course I called an ambulance before logging onto ATS.

I'm not stupid. Jesus Christ. GET A CLUE.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Charcoal and burnt toast are good for poisons. The hospital might use a stomach pump tho like they do for suicides, hope your friend makes it in time.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This isn't probably what you want to hear...or maybe you do.

Your friend most likely isn't too serious in their commitment to suicide. Most people who really want their life ended do not text people and let them know, nor do they take 1/2 a bottle of tylenol. There are less painful and quicker ways to die.

Let them know and show them, what is great about life and why people want them in their life, or commit them. The 2nd one will probably happen anyways.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Upton33
Charcoal and burnt toast are good for poisons. The hospital might use a stomach pump tho like they do for suicides, hope your friend makes it in time.

Me too

I googled some of this stuff a second ago, apparently Tylenol is a popular suicide tool.

God this is insane

I think he text-blasted a bunch of his friends in the middle of the night AFTER he took the stuff in the hopes that none of us would read it until it was too late (everyone else is sleeping, I don't think anyone else even knows yet). But he forgets... I stay up all night, just like he does.

The EMTs should be there by now, hopefully I'll get updated soon

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
According to Medline Plus, as long as the patient receives care within 8 hours of taking the Acetaminophen, there is a very good chance of recovery.

As the poster above me stated Acetaminophen is extremely poisonous and without rapid treatment the liver can fail causing death within a few days.

Not trying to bring you down more than you already are but you did state that you called 911 and they were sending help so hopefully your friend will be fine. Just make sure that this friend gets the help they need, voluntarily or not, to come to terms with the condition(s) that caused this in the first place.

My thoughts are with you and your friend.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
This isn't probably what you want to hear...or maybe you do.

Your friend most likely isn't too serious in their commitment to suicide. Most people who really want their life ended do not text people and let them know, nor do they take 1/2 a bottle of tylenol. There are less painful and quicker ways to die.

Let them know and show them, what is great about life and why people want them in their life, or commit them. The 2nd one will probably happen anyways.

He's done this kind of thing before... and with stuff like this, he's rather impulsive. I don't think he considered the pain or the means, he just forced his own hand before he lost the nerve.

I hope you're right, though.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

This is my best friend, and he doesn't see it. He doesn't see at all how much people care about him.

Sounds like depression / low self esteem. Does he take medications?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
According to Medline Plus, as long as the patient receives care within 8 hours of taking the Acetaminophen, there is a very good chance of recovery.

As the poster above me stated Acetaminophen is extremely poisonous and without rapid treatment the liver can fail causing death within a few days.

Not trying to bring you down more than you already are but you did state that you called 911 and they were sending help so hopefully your friend will be fine. Just make sure that this friend gets the help they need, voluntarily or not, to come to terms with the condition(s) that caused this in the first place.

My thoughts are with you and your friend.

Thanks

Hopefully...

His grandmother just died, and he's in the mourning stage... my grandmother died recently too, I know what he's going through, but he can't handle this kind of grief very well.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Let's hope they got it out in time, and he has time to think about it. That is not a pleasant way to go.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917

Sounds like depression / low self esteem. Does he take medications?

Yes, you're very right.

He used to take medications, but they made him worse. Many attempts at suicide, and kidney failure.

He was stellar once he kicked the meds. No suicide attempts, no fighting, nothing bad.

That lasted about a year, until his grandmother passed away a couple weeks ago...

Now he's gone backwards. Understandably, of course... but still

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
But I'm freaking out. I can't stop shaking. I have to go back and fix a zillion typos with every word, my hands are trembling so bad. Just got off the phone with 911, they said they'll be at his house soon.

This is my best friend, and he doesn't see it.

Maybe it's because you're here ranting to us when he's in a crisis situation. Go. Be there. For your friend. ATS can wait.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Sometimes a sounding board can be helpful.

What is she to do there? Wring her hands in the waiting room or help in the ER?

Be there for him when you are allowed/can see him.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Acetaminophen OD is a very painful way to go. I hope your friend pulls through.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

edit on 27-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

This is my best friend, and he doesn't see it.

Maybe it's because you're here ranting to us when he's in a crisis situation. Go. Be there. For your friend. ATS can wait.

I can't get a hold of him, I've tried... a lot

I don't know which hospital he's gonna be at either

I'll find out ASAP, though.

Don't worry, that's the plan

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

She seems to be helping herself before she can help him...seems like a smart thing to me...but what do I know...might as well run to a hospital all panicky and sit overnight waiting...that will really help him.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by superman2012

I'm sure her friend will appreciate how many posts she made on ATS about the whole thing instead of going to be with him in the hospital. What else are friends for?

You know what?

Get Over Yourself

You don't think I'm calling everyone's phone off the hook???

You don't know a DAMN THING about this

You have no right to pass judgment. Get. Over. Yourself.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

She seems to be helping herself before she can help him...seems like a smart thing to me...but what do I know...might as well run to a hospital all panicky and sit overnight waiting...that will really help him.

I'm TRYING to find out where he is right now, before I go flagging down strangers for a ride

Yeah, I'm totally doing nothing

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join