It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
One question if somebody can answer?

Why USA has to attack Syria? Why not Turkey or Saudi? These countries are brimming with weapons bought from the West? What are these weapons for?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

One main reason is and I would congratulate Secretary Kerry for mentioning, is..............Assad cross the line of minimum Human Dignity. We are living in the year 2013 not 1913. Using CWs and WMDs on own helpless people is crossing the line of minimum human rights and well being. The use of CWs was banned a long time ago. These were human beings like any one of us. Not even animals deserve such treatment.

Some people or group of people ONLY understand the language of boots and sticks.

edit on 3-9-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hmmm...maybe because Turkey and SA arent killing their won citizens? Geez do people on here even think anymore? Go back to being brainwashed by your video games aka government!!!

Originally posted by GargIndia
One question if somebody can answer?

Why USA has to attack Syria? Why not Turkey or Saudi? These countries are brimming with weapons bought from the West? What are these weapons for?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

" One main reason is and I would congratulate Secretary Kerry for mentioning, is..............Assad cross the line of minimum Human Dignity. We are living in the year 2013 not 1913. Using CWs and WMDs on own helpless people is crossing the line of minimum human rights and well being. The use of CWs was banned a long time ago. These were human beings like any one of us. Not even animals deserve such treatment. "

LOL , what a Bunch of Obvious Rubbish . Written like a TRUE Neo Con Shill !

edit on 3-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Neo Con and me? not a chance.

Human Rights Moralist might be a better phrase.

A punishment for repeated use of CWs need to be rendered or their use will become common. Assad has used CWs repeatedly and on a major scale just few days ago. And don't think because you are in the west, you will be insulated from the abuse of CWs and WMDs, if not stopped here the CW treats will surely land on your doorstep sooner than later.

BETTER to nip the problem in the bud stage.

I don't support intervention type campaign on Assad regime because a) it can bring Jihadist factions to power b) further heat up civil war in Syria and result in more human rights voilations.

Assad should remain in power with firm hand but basic decent rights of people should be always honored. People don't care how many billions the dictators make, they mostly care for how many thousands they can make to check off the items on their "life goals" list.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

You seem to believe Assad was behind these Chemical Attacks, what is your reasoning or proof in assuming that ? I also apologize for my rash accusations against you based on your previous post sir .

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
One thing more, we as ONE entity called the Human Race....................

Can the Human Race, in the year 2013, promise two square meals and fresh water every day, to each single human being on this earth?

The answer is: NO, not even half the global population. However efforts are constantly being thrown to reach this goal.

HOWEVER,

In 2013 can the Human Race assure with high probability that no group of people will die from getting CW gassed by certain sick minded people/groups ??

The answer is: YES, we can............by severely punishing the act (Like those of Assad regime in Syria) to deter any future misbehavior.

World should appreciate America on these efforts atleast.

Don't want to get excited and prepped up for a game of soccer on Sunday afternoon and on coming out of the house, end up dieing on a sidewalk, because some psychopathic group decided to abuse the CWs in the area..........thinking they will get away with the act.

Human Race can either go forward and better itself or go backward and suffer.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by victor7

You seem to believe Assad was behind these Chemical Attacks, what is your reasoning or proof in assuming that ? I also apologize for my rash accusations against you based on your previous post sir .

www.bbc.co.uk...

Buddy by the time you get assurances of the proof, few more CWs attacks might have occured and you will feel real sorry about questioning the response of the 'civilized powers'.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Touch'e .

Did You Know........

Sarin Gas was originally developed in 1938 in Germany as a Pesticide . Ironic , isn't it ? ........

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

One main reason is and I would congratulate Secretary Kerry for mentioning, is..............Assad cross the line of minimum Human Dignity. We are living in the year 2013 not 1913. Using CWs and WMDs on own helpless people is crossing the line of minimum human rights and well being. The use of CWs was banned a long time ago. These were human beings like any one of us. Not even animals deserve such treatment.

Some people or group of people ONLY understand the language of boots and sticks.

You did not get my point.

Turkey and Saudi are the main actors besides Assad government, in the conflict in Syria.
Why USA has to be outraged at Assad's action to go to war; and not Turkey or Syria?
Does it make any sense?

The people killed are Sunnis who the Saudi king thinks are his subjects. Will he protect his subjects.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The face of war today is filled with ghastly weapons.

a. White phosphorous and other incendiary bombs. While these can be justified in open area, it is absolutely horrible in built up areas.

b. Cluster bombs that continue to kill long after the conflict has ended.

c. Land mines which are major cause of civilian casualties.

d. Heavy metal penetrators, the dust of which is sickening the very soldiers that use them.

And the above are 'conventional' weapons.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
So... the New Moon is tomorrow, Thursday the 5th. Great time for a strike. As a matter of fact, isn't night falling over the Middle East right now? Anyone think it might be tonight or tomorrow night for the action to start?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Oh by the way... It's Rosh Hashanah as well.
You know - Jewish New Year.
Feast of Trumpets.

edit on 9/4/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I think they are coordinating with opposition forces and maybe secret agents to strike immediately following cruise missile attacks. The delay seems to be related to operational issues rather than politics.

Assad is not alone. Iran's IRGC and maybe even Russia secret service may be providing security to him.

It seems to me that the job of removing Assad by force is proving to be quite difficult for USA.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

West does not want to remove Assad now as they are afraid of Jihadist types taking to power and worst creating bigger civil war which results in more severe humanitarian crisis.

Expect some near harmless missile strikes and end of the hostilities for now. Assad should be wise enough to not answer back and use CWs ever again.

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join