It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Sends Advanced Missiles to Syria, and Actively Protects Its Port There.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
I think it's just great how people have a problem with U.S. intervention in foreign affairs, yet have no problem at all living the lifestyle that intervention affords us as U.S. citizens.

Jesus. ...The lifestyle that intervention affords us as U.S. citizens? :shk:

You must be one of those people that drives a 2 mpg clutzmobile, and cares nothing about the foreign people paying with their lives over big oil's natural resource robbing using the hands of the US military to do it. And furthermore, what did all this pain, death, and dollars get us recently? Gas that went up from a buck a gallon to four bucks a gallon or more, and squeezed the last living snot out of all of us. So even if I WAS to subscribe to your sorry ass greed, I STILL lose. People like you make me sick. SICK, I tell you. Come find me on hermit mountain.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Come find me on hermit mountain.

And yet, there you are sat at your computer telling us how sick you are...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thank you True American, I went out of my way to watch CNN tonight, and it was a lot of smoke and mirrors. They didn't even mention Russia, and said "The only one that benefits from the chemical attacks is Al Queda"

Which makes no sense to me, I mean, really?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

You are a hero if your intentions are good. If you really believe you are defending your home and family and risk your life to do so that's heroic. The sad part is no one tels these guys the truth before they go so they die and the ones that don't learn the truth when its too late to do anything about it and come back a shell of themselves.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
As for Russias millitary i wouldnt doubt their capabilities, i was pretty shocked when i saw the footage of a millitary size hover craft with turrets on it the other day at a public beach! i was astounded the millitary said it was rroutine and why would people be at a beach on a sunday anyway... uhh.. are they serrious? China on the other hand scares me, because their so quiet, gosh know what they have in stock considering how serrious they and north Korea are on millitary and anti west properganda! Can you imagine if the North koreans, Russia and china go head to head with the US? im worried for my country Australia as our millitary is pethetic and we have to legally be dragged into Amerocas Fights and acts of oil reconosence! Wether or not Syria's GOV is responsab;e or not i dont know but why has no one caught sight or footage of the jets being flown? i guess its hard to know who the enemy is in the planes when the Rebels stole GOV Syrian Jet fighters huh... USA Has some serrious might in millitary not to mention the Exotic techknowlegies that no one in the main stream hears about.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
I think it's just great how people have a problem with U.S. intervention in foreign affairs, yet have no problem at all living the lifestyle that intervention affords us as U.S. citizens.

I'd take this thread more seriously if the OP would denounce his citizenship and go live like a hermit on a mountain somewhere, or even go live in his beloved Mother Russia, but we both know that isn't going to happen. Oh well. Continue your hypocritical ranting all you want if it makes you feel better.

--
That's usually the case with these people, I bet that's a brand new Apple computer he is typing on, sitting in a fine leather chair with speakers attached to it for a game of warcraft.
Ranting and Raving about America THEN say the global elitist pulling the chains while having not care or HUMAN emotion to those that might be killed in a possible conflict is ignorant and blinded by hate.
I totally understand your view on the so called "Elitist:, but to shame us soldiers for doing what we told because we have no choice is retarded. What would you have is do? say, "No sir! I won't fight!" and go home? is it really that simple? You seem to have a handle on this situation and know the answers to what WE, US SOLDIERS NEED TO DO, because last time I checked, I'm an America, a US citizen, a soldier, with a family to feed and a career to advance and in todays society, leaving my duty would be suicide.
I care not about the elitist and their goals, you make it sound like ONLY AMERICA has its devious plans, WAKE UP! every country has their own little devil on their shoulders to push their agendas. The best I can do is train hard, learn every skill and tactic taught to me by those deployed multiple times, any and every strategy to stay alive and come back well and unharmed.
Another glorious day in the Army A day in the Army is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Army.
Your rants do nothing to help the situation and your faith in Russia is laughable, you should consider changing your username, trust me, you haven't earned it.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

I'm not American , but under your premise, me and the rest of the world should suffer, so you can live your greedy self righteous life.

Hey look over there in Syria, someone used the sarin gas we supplied to anyone who wants it to kill innocent people, i know, lets bomb the sh#t out of Syria, killing even more innocent people. That's American logic.

And this thread has like many other threads here, become all about who got the biggest bomb or weapons and who can kill the most, its total madness, the whole world has lost the plot.

Lets be honest, America has become the monster it once claim to defend against, but lets not talk about that, lets talk about how big and bad America's weapon capabilities are, and how they can destroy anyone with impunity.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. One of our illustrious soldiers speaking, sworn to uphold the US Constitution. And so what part of that Constitution did you uphold today, by killing a few more Iraqis or Afghans, or now... Syrians... ? Huh? Inquiring minds want to know.

No. What you did was uphold more of the Big Oil Constitution. The one that kills rapes, tortures, murders, robs, and regime changes. Make all the excuses you want to, and hide in your delusional shell some more. But THAT is what you did today. And will do tomorrow.

:shk:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You have a point but you are missing the big picture.

As a soldier, your duty is to your country, no doubt. However you choose this job, willingly and knowingly. I hope you have a conscious and you can justify your actions. War is not the issue. Wars must be fought. Issue is the objective.

I have written multiple times that if Assad was the problem, the USA should have intervened in the initial stages of civil war, when losses to infrastructure and deaths were small. USA has the weapons and intelligence means to take out entire leadership of Syria quickly and efficiently. However this is not what we saw. We are seeing USA sitting on the sidelines posturing all the time, while the country is turning to ruins.

Your victory is in saving people, not killing people. You must always remember that.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

If we went back to the 1940's, it be safe to say , you be a German SS soldier, and like a good German SS soldier, they also believed/brianwashed that they were fighting for their families future freedom and the greater good of Germany.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Back to the Topic.......

Russia Sends Advanced Missiles to Syria, and Actively Protects Its Port There

So there is not misunderstanding......you are responsible for your own posts. and we expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Therefore, personal attacks, name-calling and general bickering don't belong.
There will be consequences for continued disregard for the topic and civility.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
What is most bizare here is that only at ATS would we have so called peace loving peoples supporting a regime that is in every way shape and form what they fear the US is. A regime that started shooting its own unarmed people. A regime that has used invasion, bombings and assasination to keep its smallrd neighnor Lebanon in a perpetual state of conflct so Syria could exert control over large parts of it. For Assad to win he need to get rid most of the Syrian population. Anyone who thinks that Russia is going to come charging in to help exterminate the Syrian population just make a few more bucks is fooling themselves.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Can we stop calling the one operarion pier Russia leases in Syria a port. Its a pier with a staff of 4. And its two small for any warships. Let us end the exageration that Russia has some huge naval base in Syria. If a conflict breaks out those 4 guys will get in a cab and leave.

Oh God, I needed that....

Of course, it doesn't change that if we do fire missiles into them, it's a HUGE violation of international law. How do we expect others to follow it if we just stomp all over it because we know Russia will veto any UN action? This is total BS as to why we are even considering doing anything there.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm not American , but under your premise, me and the rest of the world should suffer, so you can live your greedy self righteous life.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Are you not typing on a computer/laptop?? are you not sitting down, nice and cozy, un-touched by the elements of the weather? eating out of a bowl of food you picked up conviently at the local store? yeah I thought so.

Hey look over there in Syria, someone used the sarin gas we supplied to anyone who wants it to kill innocent people, i know, lets bomb the sh#t out of Syria, killing even more innocent people. That's American logic.

Who says we supplied them Sarin? I'm sorry, can you back up your claim on that? or did you mean Russia??? its understandable that you must of meant Russia, I mean it only makes sense considering that's their biggest arms supplier and last I check, RUSSIA ENGINEERS THEIR OWN CHEMICAL AGENTS, including the infamous deadly Novichok agent they created that is 10x more deadly then VX. Hmmmm yeah I would rethink that guy.
Yes your right, we are going to "Bomb" Syria, any and all military targets, communications, weapons facilities and the like, with the exception of supposed gas depots, those will be taken into consideration. Their is nothing innocent about Syrian soldiers and I suspect they will quick by the 100's. That actually makes perfect knowledge, why get our people killed? precision strikes is a far safer alternative.

And this thread has like many other threads here, become all about who got the biggest bomb or weapons and who can kill the most, its total madness, the whole world has lost the plot.

Yes, your right, that's usually the case, but we all know who wins that battle.

Lets be honest, America has become the monster it once claim to defend against, but lets not talk about that, lets talk about how big and bad America's weapon capabilities are, and how they can destroy anyone with impunity.

Seriously, what earth are you from??? in your eyes, no other country does any wrong. They are all godsends.
This is expected of people to say this when shadowed by a superpower, I'm a victim of it, when I go into the ring and the other guy is bigger then me, I usually make excuses to throw at him, guess what? I grew up.
You might need a few more b-days.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. One of our illustrious soldiers speaking, sworn to uphold the US Constitution. And so what part of that Constitution did you uphold today, by killing a few more Iraqis or Afghans, or now... Syrians... ? Huh? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it is I!! the BIG BAD WOLF!!! THE BOOGEYMAN!!! THE SCOURGE OF THE WORLD!!!! we indeed uphold the constitution, a part of it does imply, to OBEY and FOLLOW the orders of our commanding officer, what military do you know that operates any different? oh wait, they DON'T.
What would you do when Iraqis and Afphans are shooting at you? oh wait, we just shoot random innocent Iraqis and afghans, course you would know, you've been deployed, what FOB were you in? what unit? mission? since you have a handle on what soldiers do oversea's, I'm curious...I mean for a second their I thought all you did was read disinformation and arm chair researching to know any better....then again could be wrong.

No. What you did was uphold more of the Big Oil Constitution. The one that kills rapes, tortures, murders, robs, and regime changes. Make all the excuses you want to, and hide in your delusional shell some more. But THAT is what you did today. And will do tomorrow.

Big Oil Constitution? really? no, it's the constitution of the US, why blame the constitution? what justifies that? oh wait, you mean the US Military and the global elitist.
What part of the constitution kills? Rapes? Tortures? Murders? Robs? and regime changes? LMFAO, I'm sorry are you reading our constitution or Russia's?
No, I don't need to make excuses, just squash those made by misinformed people who don't know any better.
I don't hide, but I do have a shell, its a base assembly carrier...wait you don't know what that is, I meant IBA....ugh! *slaps forehead* You don't know that either, B.U.L.L.E.T.P.R.O.O.F V.E.S.T, that better?
---
And for the record, the US doesn't plan on putting Boots on ground in Syria should intervention arise, so you won't have to shed any tears when one of our fellow americans gets shot.
We plan on precision strikes on military targets in Syria, we have after all 3 destroyers that could deploy cruise missiles within striking distance as well at war planes for aerial operations, can you say JDAM?
No need to worry about Russian intervention either, they would be incredibly stupid to attack a US ship while under combat operations, that OP TEMPO can change on a fly swap the annoying fly that's pestering it and Charlie Mike on.
I understand your thread and feel that your feelings get hurt when the US decides to intervene, but don't worry buddy, we are trying a different approach this time, a more technological one at that. Should be interesting, when all is said and done, I'll come look for you and we can discuss in a civil manner of the aftermath, its what the army calls it an AAR, "After Action Review"
What was the mission?
What was suppose to happen?
What did happen?
What are three ways we could of improved on this
What were three things we did good on

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski

If we went back to the 1940's, it be safe to say , you be a German SS soldier, and like a good German SS soldier, they also believed/brianwashed that they were fighting for their families future freedom and the greater good of Germany.

??? again you somehow make a post that doesn't make any sense...
If I had to figure I guess your trying to compare me to a Nazi. Hmmm, how original, yet obscure as to a point you were trying to convey.
I assure you, I am no Nazi, but as you already stated in the post, your not an American citizen, so I wouldn't expect you to understand on what that entails, but no worries, it slides off my back. Insults and Derogatory comments is what I face everyday on the job, of course we don't mean it, just good old Plt jokes we throw at each other to pass the time, no big deal, your entitled to your opinion as well as the OP.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I'm done with this thread Arnie, it's lost sensible debate, and descended into sneady remarks, to were a mod has called time.

Good luck in life, and may you find peace within the world.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski

I'm done with this thread Arnie, it's lost sensible debate, and descended into sneady remarks, to were a mod has called time.

Good luck in life, and may you find peace within the world.

---
Thank you and best of luck to you too my friend.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Arnie, I think you are a soldier. You have no idea and appreciation of the international geo-politics, or even international law.

You are often incoherent even in expressing your views. That shows you do not think through what you write.

Russia is not coming forward to defend Syria. Russia has made a conscious decision not to actively participate in middle-east conflicts. Russia has taken a position to defend humanitarian aspect and to defend the international law.

It is foolish to bring in Russia in Syrian context.

While you may love your country and the benefits you get from your job, you must remember that the globalists (the wizard behind the curtain) treat you just as killing machines, nothing more.

Being a soldier means living with honor, and there is no honor in being a killing machine.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

What about raising your children with dignity and respect only to have them forced to join selective service if they want a job or to go to college? They claim "it's the law". I have a sicking feeling that all the 18 year old or young newbies to life are going to be selected alright, selected to be forced cannon fodder.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join