It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Sends Advanced Missiles to Syria, and Actively Protects Its Port There.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
According to this report, Russia has provided under contract advanced missile systems to Syria. In addition, it is actively patrolling its port in Syria.

Now remember what happened last time NATO backed a proxy war on Russia's interests? Georgia, anyone?

So now as the meddling US tries to sell us another lie about chemical weapons use with our own taxpayer dollars, they risk again facing the bear.

And I tell you what. I have not an ounce of sympathy for any of you military that might die in the attempt to strike Syria. Not one ounce. Keep supporting this madness. You go right ahead. In fact, if Russia pulled out all the stops and decided to attack the entire Fifth Fleet, or worse, to even attack the US, I wouldn't be happier- even if I died in the process.

Because that is what it's going to take. That even seems to be what they want, the nasty warmongers. They know no limits.

So Mrs. America, when you get the word that your husband or brother or sister was just killed in duty, don't be sad. Not at all. Nah, why? For clearly they died defending elitist pigs- not defending YOU. How does striking Syria defend you? Is THAT what YOU had in mind for your tax dollars?

And if a nuclear war results in escalation over this, don't be sad either. Nah, why? Boys can't have toys and not use them forever, ya know. We had it coming. It was just a question of when. Rejoice. Rejoice in all this glorious death. It's just wonderful, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i understand your sentiment,i really do
its all so hellish and ignorant.
the state of affairs today saddens and sickens me.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You raise a point I did in a thread about memorial days... How we were all saying true heroes died to allow us to be free, but at the same time, we say that all sides of the elites work hand in hand...

So which is it? Heroes, or unfortunately misled people sent to the slaughterhouse for the elites pleasure?

No one answered my thread then, or since.

You raise a valid point, but I feel more sad knowing fine people will be sent to death because they were misled or misinformed...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is anything but an civil war, Syrians are fighting alright, but against invaders along with the Syrian army.
Think of those more than 100.000 people that already have died, and for what...

S&F

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Yeah well I'll answer your question.

What needs to happen? WHAT FRIGGIN NEEDS TO HAPPEN?

The US military ought to advise the President that they will not comply with another illegal war for the benefit of big oil, and REFUSE to go.

THAT'S what needs to happen.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Can we stop calling the one operarion pier Russia leases in Syria a port. Its a pier with a staff of 4. And its two small for any warships. Let us end the exageration that Russia has some huge naval base in Syria. If a conflict breaks out those 4 guys will get in a cab and leave.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
If a conflict breaks out those 4 guys will get in a cab and leave.

Yeah maybe, but you suppose the large Russian naval flotilla in the Mediterranean will just up and leave too if a no fly zone is imposed over Syria and missile strikes start?

Somehow I think not.

"Now that the battlefield initiative in Syria's civil war is in the hands of the Assad regime, Russia might fear some [rebel] provocations against our people. Another possible reason may be to help promote the Geneva-2 talks. We have information that Russia, the United Nations and the US have agreed to a format for the talks. So, perhaps Russia wants to dispel impression that its position is based on some desire to hold on to this station," Mr. Sotnikov says.

"In any case, Russian ships have the opportunity to go to Cyprus for supplies and maintenance, and it's safer for them to do so right now," he adds.

www.csmonitor.com...

Tartus apparently has been effectively evacuated- and I think that was a smart move on the Russian's part- as they walk a very fine line on the fence of the Syrian standoff. They have far greater capabilities with their naval fleet afloat, and the ability to resupply in Cyprus. Anybody's guess what they'd do in the event of NATO strikes. All I know is someone better step up to the plate to stop all this covert, proxy war regime changing.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"Reports", "Reportedly", "ship-killers"

Sounds like a news plant to me.

If a boat explodes in the ocean and no one takes credit... who gets blamed?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Lets just say Russia will back Syria like it's little sister. If Russia is supplying better missile systems to Syria better than what they've had for years then they are going to use these weapons against the foreign forces i.e. US and now UK is playing a major role as much as France.

If they use these new improved warships sinkers it's stirring up a potential for something more serious !

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by deviant300
Lets just say Russia will back Syria like it's little sister. If Russia is supplying better missile systems to Syria better than what they've had for years then they are going to use these weapons against the foreign forces i.e. US and now UK is playing a major role as much as France.

If they use these new improved warships sinkers it's stirring up a potential for something more serious !

All the while Israel watches from the south of syria. It really does look like an envitable ww3

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

All the while Israel watches from the south of syria.

Israel has been doing more than watching.

U.S. Defense Department intelligence lines up with reports that Israel recently bombed a delivery of Russian-made antiship missiles to Syria, the Daily Beast reported on Tuesday.

Source

Lots of players here, which makes escalation really scary and more likely.

I wouldn't believe any initial reports of who did what over the next few weeks.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Yup, any action taken WILL involve Israel,Iran and most likely Turkey and Iraq
edit on 25-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The US military ought to advise the President that they will not comply with another illegal war for the benefit of big oil, and REFUSE to go.

THAT'S what needs to happen.

But it wont......you know it, I know, it the President knows it and the military knows it......if it's going to happen, then it's going to happen.

And no one is going to REFUSE to go.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Well it is a treasonous act, supporting a national enemy(Al-Qaeda)
without UN and/or congressional support any military action is illegal by domestic and international law..
certain leaders should already be out of office and behind bars with this being common knowledge
edit on 25-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
i see this skirmish as being different
too many players this time.
i guess we will see how this plays out.
let us do what we want?
or throw down a gauntlet
who knows..we shall find out soon.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Well it is a treasonous act, supporting a national enemy(Al-Qaeda) without UN and/or congressional support any military action is illegal by domestic and international law..
certain leaders should already be out of office and behind bars with this being common knowledge

I'm not saying I disagree with you.....but when we in the West attack Syria, and we will.....nobody in the West will be held to account.

Last time I looked..........Blair and Bush are still on the loose.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

If a conflict breaks out those 4 guys will get in a cab and leave.

Yeah maybe, but you suppose the large Russian naval flotilla in the Mediterranean will just up and leave too if a no fly zone is imposed over Syria and missile strikes start?

Somehow I think not.

"Now that the battlefield initiative in Syria's civil war is in the hands of the Assad regime, Russia might fear some [rebel] provocations against our people. Another possible reason may be to help promote the Geneva-2 talks. We have information that Russia, the United Nations and the US have agreed to a format for the talks. So, perhaps Russia wants to dispel impression that its position is based on some desire to hold on to this station," Mr. Sotnikov says.

"In any case, Russian ships have the opportunity to go to Cyprus for supplies and maintenance, and it's safer for them to do so right now," he adds.

www.csmonitor.com...

Tartus apparently has been effectively evacuated- and I think that was a smart move on the Russian's part- as they walk a very fine line on the fence of the Syrian standoff. They have far greater capabilities with their naval fleet afloat, and the ability to resupply in Cyprus. Anybody's guess what they'd do in the event of NATO strikes. All I know is someone better step up to the plate to stop all this covert, proxy war regime changing.

That "large Russian naval flotilla" is a 23 year old destroyer, a couple of landing ships, an oil tanker and tug boat. And that is about as much combat power as the Russians can muster beyond their borders now. Sad to see how far they have fallen.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

And that is about as much combat power as the Russians can muster beyond their borders now. Sad to see how far they have fallen.

It seems that Russia has chosen defense over offense.

Not that sad... just a play in the game.

Think "rope-a-dope"

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

That "large Russian naval flotilla" is a 23 year old destroyer, a couple of landing ships, an oil tanker and tug boat. And that is about as much combat power as the Russians can muster beyond their borders now. Sad to see how far they have fallen.

Well that depends on who you talk to, I guess. According to this article:

The group, including the destroyer Admiral Panteleyev, the amphibious warfare ships Peresvet and Admiral Nevelskoi, the tanker Pechenga and the salvage/rescue tug Fotiy Krylov left the port of Vladivostok on March 19 to join Russia’s Mediterranean task force.

The task force currently includes the large anti-submarine ship Severomorsk, the frigate Yaroslav Mudry, the salvage/rescue tugs Altai and SB-921 and the tanker Lena from the Northern and Baltic Fleets, as well as the Ropucha-II Class landing ship Azov from the Black Sea Fleet. The task force may be enlarged to include nuclear submarines, Navy Commander Admiral Viktor Chirkov said last Sunday.

www.zerohedge.com...

Sounds like more than a friendly little welcome party to me.

Putin may be Putin his foot down on the line in the sea sand. And I sure as hell wish he would. Pleas from the American people to stop this madness are getting nowhere. Again.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Moving your Pacific fleet from Vladivostok to the Med is not something you do lightly, or quickly. That's a damn long way, as the March 19th departure date will imply. Whatever you make of this, it's not a reaction to anything that's happened in the last month.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join