It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A video of A bunch of people looking into the camera and flat out LYING! National security?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
A war without end and enemies behind every bush....enemies which we make many of them ourselves with our own inaine policies...The insaineacts have taken over the asylum...

Sorry for those who can not view the video..It contains broadcast of all those who said NSA is not collecting communication contents of Citizens....1.7 billion phone calls and E-mails everyday which most of us (I assume) know they are doing today....
Liars on Parade

President Dwight D. Eisenhower warned this nation against the excessive power that had been acquired during World War II by the military-industrial complex: “We have been compelled to create an armaments industry of vast proportions,” Eisenhower said, “…Now this conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in American experience. The total influence – economic, political, even spiritual – is felt in every city, every state house, every office in the federal government. … We must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society. … We must stand guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted.”

Look at the money that has been spent and is being spent on surveillance these last few years. Are we not glad we are all safer now....? Is it not wonderful that the FBI caught 17 of the 19 terriorist attacks in the USA because they were able to pay the terriorist and suppy them with dummy explosives and even help plan their attack?

Confucius Say: It's OK to let a fool kiss you; but don't let a kiss fool you. Yet with MSM, some people still believe and insist that what MSM has their experts say is the truth and believe the whole story hook line and sinker...

Anyway it is appropiate to revisit what was said in the past and has been proven to be misinfo and blatant lies by those who hold office or are experts, No?.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

It's hilarious how the world (especially Americans) are being taken for countless rides by their leaders and mainstream media.

I think the members of the public need to understand that a spy agency is a spy agency .. and it collects all kinds of data.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Throws hands up in the air! Screw this,get me a beer.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
reply to post by 727Sky

It's hilarious how the world (especially Americans) are being taken for countless rides by their leaders and mainstream media.

I think the members of the public need to understand that a spy agency is a spy agency .. and it collects all kinds of data.

Yea I guess you're right. All kinds. ALLLLLLLLL kinds.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
reply to post by 727Sky

Last time I looked (read) they were spying on everyone both friend and foe alike.. I see you are from, or living in Singapore; they/you are probably getting your fair share of intercepts along with every other country on the planet....Modern times with unlimited fiat money to spend on protecting itself (the government).

Maybe George Calin was right when he said,

"If honesty were suddenly introduced into American life, the whole system would collapse."
It sure has seemed that way these last few days, weeks, years.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Excellent video. Question is, does anybody care? IF government would resign on this scandal, and re-elections are called on, would the next government do much better either? This is after all the "next" government, considering republicans got this started (while not even envisioning what this could do in the hands of democrats, or left extremists).

A total rewamp is needed in the political scenery. Accountability and respect for constitution, without this sort of gray area loop-holing. Neither politcal parties are able to provide this today. They need to clean up their ranks. All the con-men and bogies involved in this massive scam need to be brought to justice, and explain their position in this, and locked up for good.

Why does not the supreme court act on this issue at all? They are the institution who ultimately oversees the executive branch. They should step in and start the purge.

Purge the system!
edit on 25-8-2013 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Man, that was like a d-bag bloopers reel.

In other countries, there would be blood in the streets over this. Here, meh, Kim Kardashian's ass makes headlines. . .

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't think anyone in the government is capable of having a conversation with the public without telling a half truth or downright lie. Some of them do not even know they are parroting deceit.

Being able to deceive others seems to be a prerequisite of the job. I understand that some deception is necessary but most times the deception is just to cover up things that don't need to be covered up. If they got used to telling the truth, eventually the big blowups later would not happen. Everytime you cover something up, the problem grows, can't they realize that. pretty soon you are protecting lies from people who started them way before you got into the job. :shk:
edit on 25-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
jeez...almost a full page and we haven't had a "sheeple" or "wake up" yet. where do you think you can go that you would be completely free from any observation...maybe all those FEMA camps are for American people that reach a point where they feel the only alternative to the coming police state is to violently protest, because they no longer can depend on elections. my question in regards to that, is why don't the wealthy and powerful recognize that it's in their own best interests to not let it come to this in the first place.
edit on 25-8-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Relevant:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
And yet another fine example of body language:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I am surprised that anyone still cares about outing the lie's and corruption in government.............wouldn't it be easier to create a video of our government telling the truth and a video of someone that is not corrupt............I mean is that even possible.

Point being, if we are going to reelect an administration that lied and was full of corruption the first four years then what is the point of continually outing them for who and what they are if no one is going to do anything????

Nothing against your post Sky it was very informative, it just gets to me the way they look us square in the face and say "what are you going to do about it?" and up and tell now, not a damn thing.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They keep saying they don't have the capability "In the US" and "At the NSA", so... Does this mean they have some server off the coast somewhere that just simply kicks back the information?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

You have an amazing avatar

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The obvious problem to me is there is a disconnect between what Americans consider lying and not being honest with what Politicians, and lawyers consider lying and not being honest.

When I listened to this video, there is a question posed. The question was whether the NSA engages in collecting information about citizens. Now to any American, the answer is clearly yes they do based on what we know now. But these "experts" trained in responding to questions without lying use subterfuge and deception in their response. They cannot answer the question "Yes, why in fact we do collect information about every American" So they skirt the issue entirely redirecting the question to what they do not do. For instance, "They do not listen to every phone call." That is a true statement, but it doesn't address the question of whether information is being collected by the government. It is a lie, but in these peoples minds they are not technically lying.

You see when most of us were young we were taught not to be deceptive in our answers, because its the same thing as a lie. Not being forthcoming in a response to a question and only giving a partial answer to protect what information the other person seeks is lying.

If there was a piece of cake at your home when you were a kid, and you purposely cut off a corner of the cake and knocked it onto the floor and your dog ate it. Then you proceeded to eat the rest of the cake. If your mom asked if you ate the cake, you could reply "The cake fell on the floor and the dog ate it" and thus give the impression that you never ate the cake. However, while a truthful response it is a lie, because it avoids the question posed to create a different impression of the truth. Think also of the Clinton response to congress when asked if he had sexual relations with Monica Lewynski. Clinton asked for the definition of "sexual relations" which did not mention oral sex, and then proceeded to answer the question negatively.

Unfortunately, we have accepted as a culture that lying in this manner is acceptable. To change this we must change the definition of what the people of this country consider a lie from public officials.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
They keep saying they don't have the capability "In the US" and "At the NSA", so... Does this mean they have some server off the coast somewhere that just simply kicks back the information?

They use private resources from AT&T, Microsoft, etc. It is true that NSA itself doesn't have the capability to collect that information. But it is true, they call up AT&T and have that collected data sent over to them, and they do have the capability to store that data. Then they reimburse those private companies for compliance costs. When these "experts" answer these questions you have to realize most of the time they are lying, but they do so by talking about what capabilities they do not have, and totally leave out that they have an agreement with people who do have that capability and supply them that information.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Imagine what the world would be like if there was a 'Pinocchio gene", that made it unmistakable when someone was lying to you. Perhaps that would be a great endeavor for our bio-sciences. Also, imagine the opposition to such a thing, and we realize that lying is part of our very nature, and should not surprise us in the least, especially from people that want to control us.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

Originally posted by boncho

They use private resources from AT&T, Microsoft, etc. It is true that NSA itself doesn't have the capability to collect that information. But it is true, they call up AT&T and have that collected data sent over to them, and they do have the capability to store that data. Then they reimburse those private companies for compliance costs. When these "experts" answer these questions you have to realize most of the time they are lying, but they do so by talking about what capabilities they do not have, and totally leave out that they have an agreement with people who do have that capability and supply them that information.

Exactly. Semantics.

Ironically, if you try and argue those semantics facing the government in court, they would wipe the floor with your face, (life), which makes it all that more painful to watch unfold.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I just wanted to mark this page . Beside what is a person to say , Really ..

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
Beside what is a person to say , Really...

HATE THEM. LOATHE THEM. DETEST THEM. With every atom of my being. This country has gotten so far off from what the framers envisioned with these rat's abuses of power, there is only one answer left.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join