It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope this is gonna be as good as it appears.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hello all,

Yes I'm new here. A little about me. I'm a proud Canadian who is so disillusioned with his government and the liberal majority here that I would truly love to move to George W. Bush's USA.

I'm not racist as I know that there are good and bad in every race and religion. I hope I've found a good place to hang my hat for now.

I'm 42 years old and very happy with the prospect of aging.

Now I'm gonna look around to see what topics I can read, learn from and hopefully respond to. This does look like a promising site.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Up for a swap, then are you?

I'll take you on there.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Up for a swap, then are you?

No me first, Canada sounds good about now.

Welcome aboard baillie!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
How about swapping to Australia? I've always wanted to go to Canada. Liberals are in power here to though.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
any New Zealanders wanna swap citizenship lol

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I guess that just goes to show that it's always greener on the other side of that damn fence.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
hey, I LIKE it where I am.
Southern Louisiana has food I wouldn't leave...and it's one of the most Republican areas of the country.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I am an American who currently lives in Canada. And no, I am not a draft dodger. I moved to Canada in '79 because I married a Canadian girl. I've long divorced that girl but I've stayed in Canada because, after so many years, it's become "home".

Canada is a wonderful country filled with a multicultural population that all seem to get along. There is an adequate social welfare network so that not too many people fall through the cracks and, all in all, it is a good, fair place to live. I do have some criticisms about Canada as their government is one where the "good boy network" seems to have grown very deep roots. Each government, whether it is Liberal or Conservative seem to take the amnesiac public for a tax ride that only seems on making the politicians richer but they seem to only steal enough for the public to grumble and complain but nothing more. So I guess that makes them "prudent government". But, again, all in all, it's a good place to live.

But living under the shadow of the United States has made it a strange place to live. Canadians lack a firm grasp of their own identity and, because of the power of television, a Canadian school child is just as likely to name George Bush as "president" of Canada as they are to name the actual Prime Minister. There is, at times, a real sense that Canadians just don't know their own place on stage of world politics. Instead, they like to envision themselves as peace-keepers (though they are shamefully underequipped and over led by politicians rather than their military). But aside from this role, the Canadian is desperately floundering in search of an identity. Yet, the Canadian has a powerful role and a strong identity which they simply fail to recognize. Canada is the conscience of the United States and their identity is one of self reliance and fierce individualism. Too bad the Canadian cannot see this in themselves

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Welcome aboard Ballie! You will find that many people here hate Bush but don't let that bother you there are many here that like him too, such as me

So if you need anything let me know.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by baillie
I'm a proud Canadian who is so disillusioned with his government and the liberal majority...

*BLINKS* Liberal what now, you say a liberal majority is in charge. I'll ask what rock you've been living under since Martin got reelected, my beloved Liberals have been reduced to a minority government. Caused me to gag on soft drink when I read this.

Well other then that welcome to ATS

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Greetings baillie,

I'm from the UK, currently residing in the USA and am disillusioned with both Governments. I know very little about the Canadian Government but I'm sure I'll despise them too if they are like Blair's.

I'm another 42 year old, married to the cutest girl on the West Coast (Who is also a member here - KayEm). I was never bothered about aging when I was younger, so I can't be bothered with it now.

More info about the Pisky can be discovered in my blog. Other than that, have fun here in ATS

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Being Republican on ATS can seem like an uphill battle at times, but don't let it get to you. Keep your head and you'll be fine.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yup. Looks like I found a home. Not a single response was insulting or totally negative. I've been to other foruns that really sound like they are made up spoiled kids and anti-everyone types.

Thanks to you all.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Welcome Baillie.

You will enjoy ATS and become addicted like everyone else here!

Need any help/quick question feel free to U2U me.

Take Care.

top topics

join