It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some more Stuff found in a lump of 300 million year old coal... Interesting Ooparts?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
zen-haven.com...

Lighting the fire during a cold winter evening a resident of Vladivostok found a rail-shaped metal detail which was pressed in one of the pieces of coal that the man used to heat his home.

The metal detail was supposedly 300 million years old and yet the scientists suggest that it was not created by nature but was rather manufactured by someone. The question of who might have made an aluminum gear in the dawn of time remains unanswered.

Sixty one years later, American scientists from Oklahoma discovered an iron pot which was pressed into a piece of coal aged 312 million years old. Then, in 1974, an aluminum assembly part of unknown origin was found in a sandstone quarry in Romania. Reminiscent of a hammer or a support leg of a spacecraft “Apollo”, the piece dated back to the Jurassic era and could not have been manufactured by a human.

voiceofrussia.com...

The last property of the object that puzzled the scientists was its distinctive shape which was reminiscent of a modern tooth-wheel. It is hard to imagine that an object could take regular shape of a tooth-wheel with six identical ‘teeth’ naturally. Moreover, the intervals between the ‘teeth’ of the gear are curiously large in relation to the size of the ‘teeth’ themselves which might mean that the detail was a part of a complicated mechanism. Nowadays, such ‘spare parts’ are used in construction of microscopes and other mechanical appliances. This poses yet another unanswerable question to the modern scientists: how can the metal tooth-wheel be 300 million years old if the regular-shaped ‘wheel’ itself was created by man millions of years later.

I like stories like this for no other reason than it makes one wonder.....
edit on 23-8-2013 by 727Sky because: ....

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I guess coal is not really as old as some would suggest it is.
Imagine if science is wrong and coal dating is nothing more than a guess

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I can think of possible explanations as to how that piece of aluminum was made by nature. Coal, like charcoal may have been made by smoldering woods with limited oxygen present. The aluminum could have melted out of the soils and run into a crack filling a void melted from the heat of a much hotter event above. The shape is something that kind of could match the normal breaking shapes of coal. I saw some pretty strange shaped coal when I used to fill the hopper with coal at a business my parents worked at.

I also can't discount the theory they have though, some humanoid could have made that a long time ago also. But I cannot say it was not made by nature. S&F for bringing this to us, everything like that is interesting. The bell they found in the coal, now that is a different story, that was probably manmade, I can't imagine that shape being made. .

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I can think of possible explanations as to how that piece of aluminum was made by nature

I don't know about that... looks kinda man made to me....

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

After the discovery came public, conspirators were quick to dub it ‘a UFO tooth-wheel’.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The aluminum could have melted out of the soils and run into a crack filling a void melted from the heat of a much hotter event above.

Actually the process by which aluminum is smelted is more complex. In nature Bauxite, (the oxide of aluminum) is a white substance. There is no natural metallic "aluminum" in veins of rock in the earth. The temperature required in electro arc furnaces to reduce the oxide in the presence of a flux would ignite the coal. The pressure and heat the coal formed at would also melt any ancient aluminum "artifact" when the coal formed.

Lastly magnesium and aluminum are alloyed in industry, a dead give that the piece is manufactured. How it got "into" the coal however is unknown.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

After the discovery came public, conspirators were quick to dub it ‘a UFO tooth-wheel’.

Yeah, unidentified found object, what's wrong with that?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
I guess coal is not really as old as some would suggest it is.
Imagine if science is wrong and coal dating is nothing more than a guess

Well considering that they have made coal in the lab in about 28 days and within the confines of what nature can do. I'd venture to say that the dating is not exactly accurate. However if they stand by there dating then their theory about man needs revising. 300 million years ago a knuckle dragger made a machines aluminum gear...yeah right.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Interesting, but I saw something similar a number of years back and the most probable explanation was the widespread industrial pollution in Russia. Good find just the same.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I've heard stories where things are buried and become petrified within a short number of years. I suppose that if you buried something in an geologically active area, under the right conditions, it would "fossilize" quite quickly. It is interesting that remains of mega fauna from 15,000 years is not considered fossilized like older remains. Also up for consideration is the fact that rock can't be easily dated like carbon remains.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It was in 1845 that aluminum was produced in quantities that were large enough to even allow testing of it's physical properties.

According to Jefferson Lab, "Scientists suspected than an unknown metal existed in alum as early as 1787, but they did not have a way to extract it until 1825. Hans Christian Oersted, a Danish chemist, was the first to produce tiny amounts of aluminum. Two years later, Friedrich Wöhler, a German chemist, developed a different way to obtain the metal. By 1845, he was able to produce samples large enough to determine some of aluminum's basic properties. Wöhler's method was improved in 1854 by Henri Étienne Sainte-Claire Deville, a French chemist. Deville's process allowed for the commercial production of aluminum. As a result, the price of the metal dropped from around $1200 per kilogram in 1852 to around $40 per kilogram in 1859. Unfortunately, the metal remained too expensive to be widely used.

Source: About.com

Coal does not form in nature over a period of 100 years. The depths at which coal is found indicates that it is much older than 100 years. Even when coal is found near the Earth's surface, it is because of geologic deformation and erosion, and there is associated rock strata above it that doesn't form in 100 years.

Aluminum found as a metal in coal is definitely OUT- OF- PLACE.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The aluminum could have melted out of the soils and run into a crack filling a void melted from the heat of a much hotter event above.

Actually the process by which aluminum is smelted is more complex. In nature Bauxite, (the oxide of aluminum) is a white substance. There is no natural metallic "aluminum" in veins of rock in the earth. The temperature required in electro arc furnaces to reduce the oxide in the presence of a flux would ignite the coal. The pressure and heat the coal formed at would also melt any ancient aluminum "artifact" when the coal formed.

Lastly magnesium and aluminum are alloyed in industry, a dead give that the piece is manufactured. How it got "into" the coal however is unknown.

So couldn't a bolt of lightning hitting a high bauxite mineral complex have accomplished this? I suppose a potato would be needed to pull out the impurities

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
I've heard stories where things are buried and become petrified within a short number of years. I suppose that if you buried something in an geologically active area, under the right conditions, it would "fossilize" quite quickly. It is interesting that remains of mega fauna from 15,000 years is not considered fossilized like older remains. Also up for consideration is the fact that rock can't be easily dated like carbon remains.

Permineralization can occur fairly fast, but fossilization takes a long time. I'm not sure how long minimum it takes for something to petrify. I didn't really study that.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
A piece of processing machinery came loose (or broke off) while the coal was being processed and was emmbedded.

Harte

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Can this happen while miners extract coal? Can this be part of machinery used to transport or extract coal from mine?

On the other hand, if this is really 300 millions year old (m as late Carl Sagan would pronounce it
), then creationist's myth of human riding dinosaurs might be after all true...

On serious note, I still doubt source(s)... but if proven correct, should science try to find where this was mined and investigate for any other possible artifacts?
edit on 23-8-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
A piece of processing machinery came loose (or broke off) while the coal was being processed and was emmbedded.

Harte

Sounds like an easy answer.
But I do have questions.

Do they use a lot of aluminum gears on mining/processing equipment?
What sort of process embedded the aluminum in the coal to the point that it left the metal embedded in the coal. Coal is brittle, making it very difficult to embed a chunk of aluminum in it without it shattering into pieces.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Did you also notice the angle the photograph was taken? We see one end only of the piece of metal "embedded". The sides are obscured from view. Liked to have gotten a better close up.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Did you also notice the angle the photograph was taken? We see one end only of the piece of metal "embedded". The sides are obscured from view. Liked to have gotten a better close up.

That is a good point. We have been had by Russian hoaxers before.
But there are cases of ooparts that are not readily explained away. The case where multiple witnesses saw an iron pot extracted from a solid lump of coal with the imprint of the pot left in the halves of the lump would be one. There are photos of it and affidavits sworn by the witnesses.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think that teleportation is possible.

Something teleported got lost in the space time continueum(spelling.lol) and it ended up there.

Sounds just about as plausible a a humanoid making it.

Whatever you do dont beam up

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Thanks for the reference to OOParts (Out Of Place ARTifacts). I had to look that up.

You should see under the hood of my truck.

I so take myself for granted. Every time I do though, I look in the mirror and realize that humans are not from here.

Just one interpretation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join