It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some more Stuff found in a lump of 300 million year old coal... Interesting Ooparts?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So basically, assuming not hoaxes, very occasionally the odd bit of metal finds its way into a sack of coal.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i see 3 options here:

- coal is not formed in the way we think. problem with this is that there are rock strata above the coal, which would mean our rock strata dating is defunct as well

- intelligent beings have lived on Earth for a very, very long time

- Heisenberg had it right in the most extreme of Douglas Adams manners, except this isn't a whale appearing suddenly at 70,000 feet.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You should see under the hood of my truck.

You should see the floorboards of mine. Ever see the movie 'Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector'?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have been reading about things such as this for years, very intriguing.

I think we have been here and gone several times, some things that get swept beneath by natural forces are not completely obliterated by the processes.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Or, what appears to be a modern piece of metal found in a sack of coal is - amazingingly and unbelieveably as it may seem ........ just a modern piece of metal found in a sack of coal.

Or, it's a hoax.

Just because something sounds incredible and against all scientific understanding, doesn't actually mean that it is incredible and against all scientific understanding.

Though, that said, if we found a bunch of petunias alongside the remains of a dead whale ........

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

assuming dinosaurs didnt wear jewellery millions of years ago, perhaps another explaination would be that we were as advanced on this planet millions of years ago as we are today and then something happened, be it the big bang or whatever something on a similar scale, that wiped out all the advances we had made, and we ended up having to start over again, right from the caves to where we are now.,,,, I know we might expect to find artifacts today but every day seems like it throws up more unanswered anomalies... just a thought

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Oh yeah, and where's your proof for this one? Gotta hate when someone throws that uncomfortable burden of proof on you, huh?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
At least 3 advanced civilizations have existed on Earth in the 4+ Billion years it has been orbiting the Sun.

Get over it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea
At least 3 advanced civilizations have existed on Earth in the 4+ Billion years it has been orbiting the Sun.

Get over it.

any links you have to support this (that don't involved made up, er, channeled information) would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Keep it up you are on the right track, there was an advanced civilisation of that I am 100 percent positive, Sooo they will say were are the coke cans' you already know the truth but there are many whom will fight tooth and nail to deny it.

Who are we really now there is the question we whom get chills up our spine and seem to recognise something half remembered have to ask ourselves but yes this is not the only thing.

Look at this thread by covert panther, now though you will say what has that got to do with this, well the thing seems to be spinning and it looks badly damaged also on my reply I referenced an image of a concept space station by Von Braun that looked eerily similar then there is the colour though at a distance the colour looks a mat grey or black like the Black night satellite that may also be an ancient relic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My response was on page 3 and 4 seems to be a dead thread now though recent but it is related if I am right.

How many times has civilisation made the climb and how many times have we started again not knowing what came before, Even if they never had the same body I have no doubt they had the same soul.

As for molten aluminium flowing into charcoal, it seems extremely unlikely but a nice idea,
en.wikipedia.org...

And then there is this old thread that you might like, this is the page the ideas that have come to me posted but it is a lengthy thread with much good discussion. (I was a very very late poster)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Still I think my ideas show one mechanism that can destroy a global civilisation (but only one method),.

edit on 23-8-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea

Get over it.

My thoughts exactly.

Just about the number I'd put on that, as well. Almost no history exists for all this prior to the 11-12.000 year point but there are good and obvious reasons for that in the physical record. Man hasn't spent much time looking where the events of that time and other catastrophes didn't destroy everything on the surface. Tunnels have been found, among a variety of other things, when man has bothered to look. Wait till people look deeper and in more obscure places.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If this is a genuine artifact and involves no hoaxing the only explanation would be time travel. I'd hate to stake anything on another person's discovery but I have seen what other's might consider an alien ufo. My perspective seems to differ from mainstream because I believe it was a craft that manipulated what we consider time.

Only this year did I realize that everything I thought I knew was purposely misleading, to be humbled in such a way is alien in itself.

Hopefully sooner than later you all will realize what we held true through history is nothing but a hollow lie.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
300 million years old? There is no 300 million year old coal.

scientists at the Argonne National Laboratory heated lignin, the “glue” that holds the fibers in wood together, to 300 degrees (F) in the presence of clay. This temperature is fairly common in geological formations, and coal is found with clay. Even though the lignin was heated only for between two weeks and a year, coal formed. The lignin heated for a year produced high-grade coal. No, millions of years were not necessary.

www.creationmoments.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

a whole lot of dating a coal vein comes with the depth it's found at, and what kind of material surrounds it. A coal vein in various types of rock give different datings.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
I guess coal is not really as old as some would suggest it is.
Imagine if science is wrong and coal dating is nothing more than a guess

Oh don't say that, you'll blow out 2 billions peoples philosophy...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
I've heard stories where things are buried and become petrified within a short number of years. I suppose that if you buried something in an geologically active area, under the right conditions, it would "fossilize" quite quickly. It is interesting that remains of mega fauna from 15,000 years is not considered fossilized like older remains. Also up for consideration is the fact that rock can't be easily dated like carbon remains.

Permineralization can occur fairly fast, but fossilization takes a long time. I'm not sure how long minimum it takes for something to petrify. I didn't really study that.

I'm unsure of the terminology to be use here, so I loosely used the terms petrify and fossilize. Perhaps the stories I heard were cases of permineralization, a term I am also unsure of, but certainly sounds to me like a more accurate description for the hearsay I heard.

My point being, in my lax and uneducated opinion on this subject, that the processes that create mineralized remains can vary depending on the situation. Also rocks and rock layers are guesses at age (from my understanding of geology and archeology).

Disclaimer:
I may be, and probably am, entirely wrong on this subject. So please forgive me in my ignorance and correct me so that I may learn.

ETA: I also remember a theory explaining how O.O.P. artifacts could occur in older strata due to some kind of movement. Not sure of how it moved or what caused the movement, or how an artifact could get imbedded in it. Seemed like a lame theory when I read it, so I ignored the details of course.
edit on 24-8-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added last lines

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I like all yours and they are very plausible explanations. , personally I like the idea of intelligent beings (humans possibly) being here longer than thought.

But being ATS I gotta throw the aliens some love so I'll say its space junk from when alien rovers visited us millions of years ago. Much like the stuff we are leaving on mars. ( cracks knuckles and calls it a day).Your welcome science

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Hey.

Subduction can, and most likely is the case in cases where more modern artifacts are found at depths suggesting extreme datings of misplaced objects.

There are also unique instances, where certain types of rock, oils, and coal can be produced much quicker than they are typically formed.

The only issue with subduction is it is usually quite apparent, and if in object is discovered in an area far from any known subduction zone, it raises more questions. I suppose it could be possible it's an old subduction zone, that isn't known about. Or an area, that the process has ceased to happen, and that's just the way it is.

I faintly remember reading that coal is formed in this process anyways, so it would make sense that both fossilized organic material, and some more modern materials could get mixed together in the process.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I only see two logical possibilities. Either the scientists are wrong about when we showed up, and started making things, or they are wrong about the age of the coal. I suspect, honestly, that they are wrong in both cases, but that these are related to the age of the coal. The usual dating methods are prone to error.

I seem to recall, too,some years back (around '99-2000 maybe?), reading about some people discovering that oil was replacing itself in some oil fields, though they didn't explain why. If you do a search for "oil fields replenishing themselves", you might locate something, though. Overall, it seems they don't know nearly as much as they think they know!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
I have been reading about things such as this for years, very intriguing.

I think we have been here and gone several times, some things that get swept beneath by natural forces are not completely obliterated by the processes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join