It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange happenings today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
(I'm somewhat new here. So if this is in the wrong place, mods, can you please move it to where it belongs?)

What do you call it when you hear the same bible verse, or have the same thing happen to you over and over again, unintentionally?

I ask because just yesterday, I was talking to someone about how sometimes certain bible phrases or certain bits of wisdom that seems to happen repeatedly. He said that he has come to expect it.

Then today, after arriving to work hours early (as I always do), I was sitting in the car reading a book with a reading light, which completely drained my battery. I had to get my car jumped. Then, I get a call from my father (who is borrowing my van) to tell me he had to jump that battery because the van wouldn't start. Next, my fully charged cell phone dies on me mid-day. Finally, as I pull up to my parents house to see what is wrong with the van, the very guy I had this conversation with car battery had died and he needed a jump.

I'm getting the message that I need a recharge and a jump from God, but I don't know exactly what that means. I'd like to get your feedback on it as well.

Thank you all very much!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Perhaps God is saying to slow down, meditate with prayer and ask Him what the message is that you feel is for you. Sometimes it comes in a dream and sometimes days later, and when it does you'll know it's the right answer to your prayer.

Hope you find it. Blessings be.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisalie

Nothing "needs" to be done. There is no "supposed to" everything is optional.

If you *want* to feel a spiritual connection to "God" you can focus more on reading about different religions and philosophies about God and see which ideas resonant as most true to you.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I believe it's called coincidence.

Example: Years ago my ex and I were watching a medical documentary on the restructuring of a young child's deformed face. When the surgeon rolled up the skin of the boy's face, my ex passed out.

In a panic I called my father-in-law (John) on the phone, but I got my mother-in-law instead. She blurted out, "I can't talk now! John just passed out from watching a medical show!"

Coincidence.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Ghost hunters will tell you that spooks drain batteries ... maybe you guys have a spook draining batteries ... or maybe it's just time for you to change batteries and the fact that these few happened at the same time means nothing. Who knows.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Perhaps you need more conversations with this guy.

Synchronicity happens.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
hey..batteries happen...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Wonderful story, God definitely will use catalysts like this. Which bible verse was it?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

That's it. That's the word! Synchronicity. Thank you so much!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBrother

It changes, but it's like a theme. A pastor or priest or even random person on the street will mention something, and it just seems to be repeated over and over and over again. My theme was batteries needing to be charged. Just found it weird that it happened right after that discussion.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I've read that. Now I can understand my phone needing to be charged. I constantly forget to charge it, but the car's were strange.

BTW, with one of the car's it didn't turn out to be the battery at all. It was the starter.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I don't think it has to do anything with "recharging" that seems to have a connection. It might mean that you might have a "developing" gift to see a future. Those connections that happened before your friend died might be signs that something similar in the future will happen.

If this is the only time this happened, then, it's plain coincidence. But, if this happens often, like a few times a day or a week, then, you might have a gift. It may start as once in a blue moon, then gradually it becomes occasionally, then gradually it becomes often, until you're a full blown prophet.

Like a little seed planted in a fertile soil. Then, one day it grew into a fruitful tree.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I call it 'validation' and ask myself the question, "How many times must a coincidence occur before it is no longer coincidence?" If you calculate the probability and realize how giant the one to infinity number actually is, it's easy to accept that there's something else that's at play here. My advice would be to include in prayer, "Alright God, you have my attention, I'm listening". Without expecting a booming voice or anything, leave that channel open for as long as possible to receive the message. If this happened to me, I would conclude I need to slow down with the business of the world and focus more on what God wants me to do instead of what my cell phone, car, computer, etc. is telling me what I should do. Is there someone in your family, friends or associates who needs to hear about the gospel? Is there one of these who need your help as a listening ear or word of advice? Notice how useless these electronic things are to providing for their needs. God is the one who helps, saves and all that matters when 'the lights go out' on all the gadgets.

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Ghost hunters will tell you that spooks drain batteries ... maybe you guys have a spook draining batteries ... or maybe it's just time for you to change batteries and the fact that these few happened at the same time means nothing. Who knows.

Wow Flyers, I never expected this response because last I checked you were pretty strong in faith. Have I been away that long? There's no poltergeist messing with the original poster's head. Where's the 'expect miracles' person I used to know? I don't think I was meant to be here for the original poster; Is everything okay?
edit on 1-9-2013 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2013 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Just simply ask God to fill you with the holy spirit and the holy spirit will do the recharging...keep it simple and sincere and just ask for what you need...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u

Just simply ask God to fill you with the holy spirit and the holy spirit will do the recharging...keep it simple and sincere and just ask for what you need...

Ya, you know what I just realized? This advice is so easy and to the point. Here I am as a hamster on the wheel trying to figure everything out, when it's just so much easier to ask and trust like shells and Booshka is talking about here. Way to exemplify James 1:5, "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."
edit on 2-9-2013 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Have you been lately trying to do everything yourself or been dealing with a problem that you've kept to yourself? Given your experience, you probably don't have a open servant of God to go to you and provide guidance so God would have to create situations around to deliver a message.

edit on 2-9-2013 by TheBrother because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join