It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd cheers as GOP rep. tells girl her dad would have to be deported

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by votan

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
Fathers are sent to jail & prison all the time. Should we stop that, because they may have a daughter?

Or should perhaps, adults be held accountable for their actions and choices?

Which is it?

and who is being held accountable for disregarding the immigration laws and not securing the border??

I don't know about you but at work usually.. if a policy is being disregarded.. then they decide it needs to be followed they don't reprimand everyone who has been violating that policy.. simply because the people who were supposed to be enforcing the policy were breaking their own policy in the first place. If it really was an issue the person in charge of enforcing that policy is fired.

part of the consequences for not enforcing immigration laws and securing the border is an influx of illegals. If you want to send them to jail or send them back to where they came from then you should send the people who did not enforce immigration laws, and the people who benefited from illegal workers to jail as well..

that won't happen.
edit on 23-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

I have to agree with you. The illegals have been able to work, go to school and live here, recieve welfare benefits, cheap housing, discounted tuition on college etc. It's like a giant welcome sign saying "break our laws and get what you want."

Well they don't get what they want.. they work for it. I have worked along side illegals and they are hard workers. they just don't take handouts but who the heck would turn them down?? Although the generations here are getting or have been getting the entitlement disease. I have been out of touch with that for a very long time now so i don't know how things are anymore.

..but the assumption they simply come here for freebies is retarded. they come here to work.. that was the initial cry you know the 'dey took er jobs!" which i have always said.. if illegals can take your job you are not applying yourself in the land of opportunity.

The sign actually says. " we don't enforce our immigration laws.. you need work we need cheap labor..."

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Your avatar is intimidating. You wern't yelling at me were you?

Not all illegals are the same. I could only tell you what they themselves told me through the years. I actually became quite close to many of these folks, but they knew that I didn't like what some of them were doing. Their husbands working under the table, they were working too and yet caimed a one income household with kids and were collecting freebies, even though their combined income was way over the poverty limit. I could say more but I realize we are drifting off topic.Sorry.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
well lets see how the other side handles these type of situations?

Huh it seems both videos are political hit pieces aimed at painting the opposing viewpoint as wrong

So who is right? Political trolling using your child? beating up people who don't agree with you?
Or wanting someone to follow the laws in this country regardless if it hurts a blameless child?

Ps a child shouldn't be at a political meeting period!

The GOP isn't going to make any friends with this however sometimes the voice of reason is the one nobody wants to hear
edit on 23-8-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by CB328

You know, I try where possible to be even handed, fair minded, to have my eyes open, and to be compassionate. However, there is one thing that makes me shed all that decency, all that fairness and awareness, errodes my capacity for compassion, and that is the kind of cold hearted, souless degenerate that would CHEER as a little girl has her world crushed, burned, and its remains kicked around the ashen waste that used to be her life.

I have fed the hungry, I have nursed the sick, I have protected the weak and the innocent, my capacity for compassion is not in doubt. But the braying bastards in that room, who cheered the demise of this little girls family life... Those people better thank the Lord God almighty that I do not live in the USA, because I swear on the blood of my ancestors, I would spend DAYS killing these bastards.

No one, and I mean NO ONE who could CHEER that deserves to be breathing my God damned air. I am not saying that the GOP representative should not have said what he said. If the political situation is as he stated, then thats how it is, unfortunate though it may be. But you do not CHEER the statement! Have these people no bloody dignity, no sensitivity what so ever? These are the sort of awful bastards who can be seen in the background of happy slapping videos, watching and laughing as some poor unfortunate gets pee'd on by some jerk with a camera phone.

Understand, I really couldnt give a crap about the politics being discussed in the video. I EXPECT politicans to be about as sensitive as a concrete block to the gonads, but the people in this crowd should be bloody ashamed of themselves, and if there is anyone in the area where this was filmed with a backbone and an ounce of moral fibre, then those cheering spectators had better be looking behind them when they walk as well, because someone somewhere close, will be loading guns and sharpening knives, and so they bloody well should.
edit on 22-8-2013 by TrueBrit because: clarificatory grammar correction.

You had a point there for a second, then it quickly devolved into madness.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
As a Native American I always find these type of threads hilariously pathetic...

As someone who also possesses "Native" American ancestry and a high regard for anthropology I know that this continent has no "Natives".

Everyone here came from somewhere else.

Actually there has been evidence (though not widely accepted) that there were/are "Native" people whom have lived here for hundreds of thousands of years. Who's right? Who's wrong? If there are no "Native" people then everyone is illegal, so where is the line drawn and who gets to draw it?

As for the post, the audience should have used better judgement and common sense before clapping/cheering. If they were cheering about the law or for the GOP the timing was beyond horrible. Very poor taste.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

"We have laws and we need to follow those laws, and that’s where we’re at.”

Ding ding ding. Ain't that the truth.

Take your bleeding heart BULL somewhere else.

Nothing sad about this. I,as an American am getting SICK of illegals.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

the kind of cold hearted, souless degenerate that would CHEER as a little girl has her world crushed

That's the issue here, not what the law is. I'm pretty sure we all know that. These people are degenerates, plain and simple.

What? Are you an idiot? The issue is the LAW. We have them here in the states. I,like many Americans are getting fed up with foreigners. the only degenerates are the illegals that come here.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Nope, I was born "here".

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
illegals are the conservative ideal.

they have a bad situation, so they move to get a better one. they risk everything in the process. they work hard to get what little they have. they struggle and sacrifice so their kids can have a better life.

what american is willing to work the fields, 12hrs a day, 7 days a week for 250 dollars?
what american has the guts to pack up everything, risk everything and move to another country to bust a55 for pennies just to see their kids have a shot?

illegals are better than americans, and america couldnt survive without them.

look what happened when georgia but that ban in place. their farms imploded. hundreds of thousands of dollars rotted in the fields.

you want to fix the illegal "problem", fix mexico, cause walls dont work. ask china.

instead of sending jobs to china, send them to mexico, where the minimum wage is lower than chinas. its also closer, so shipping costs are down. if mexicans had better jobs, or any jobs at all, then they wouldnt come here, would they?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

the kind of cold hearted, souless degenerate that would CHEER as a little girl has her world crushed

That's the issue here, not what the law is. I'm pretty sure we all know that. These people are degenerates, plain and simple.

What? Are you an idiot? The issue is the LAW. We have them here in the states. I,like many Americans are getting fed up with foreigners. the only degenerates are the illegals that come here.

is enough oxygen getting to your brain?

why are people coming here? to get a leg up, to work, to have a better life for them and there kids. to live the american dream. the italians did it. the irish did it. why not the mexicans?

oh, because it is against the LAW. guess what, so is revolting against the crown, yet the founders did it. since you love the law so much, you probably would have turned them in.

john hancock was a smuggler. thats illegal.
the bush family were bootleggers. thats illegal.

so your "its the LAW" argument doesnt hold up, unless you follow the law wholeheartedly and support the gov without reservation. back in the day, btw, you would have been a loyalist to the king. how american does that make you?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

reply to post by CB328

so if a law came down for you to surrender your guns, you would follow it?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormson

reply to post by CB328

so if a law came down for you to surrender your guns, you would follow it?

Sure would. But thats not the law we're talking about now is it? You must be a foreigner.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Sad..

A true patriot would chose freedom over forced choice.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormson
illegals are the conservative ideal.

they have a bad situation, so they move to get a better one. they risk everything in the process. they work hard to get what little they have. they struggle and sacrifice so their kids can have a better life.

what american is willing to work the fields, 12hrs a day, 7 days a week for 250 dollars?
what american has the guts to pack up everything, risk everything and move to another country to bust a55 for pennies just to see their kids have a shot?

illegals are better than americans, and america couldnt survive without them.

look what happened when georgia but that ban in place. their farms imploded. hundreds of thousands of dollars rotted in the fields.

you want to fix the illegal "problem", fix mexico, cause walls dont work. ask china.

instead of sending jobs to china, send them to mexico, where the minimum wage is lower than chinas. its also closer, so shipping costs are down. if mexicans had better jobs, or any jobs at all, then they wouldnt come here, would they?

lol only 5 percent of the illegal aliens who enter the united states through mexico actually do farm work. fact
sadly there is a higher percentage of illegal aliens in US prisons then the ones who work on farms

no georgia wouldn't sell land to foreign nationals not that they couldn't work it lol

Why fix just mexico when just below them the people are actually in worse shape o yeah mexico will not give them illegal access to their country and actually inforce their laws on who they allow in.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Gawd forbid should the day ever come that the SHTF and American citizens desperately try to flee their country, for whatever reason, on foot in search of sanctuary elsewhere...

Careful kiddies, I hear that karma thing can be a real kick in the ass.

"Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins." ~ Native proverb

You want to do something about all the "illegals" (as you put it) in your country ?

Then you need to start with your government's (and their corporate bosses) involvement in freely shipping and aiding them across the border to do cheap manual labour that Americans aren't doing because they're too busy making a better income collecting their food stamps and welfare cheques, eating bon bons, and watching Honey Boo Boo.

Your very own American-born citizens are sucking the system way drier than any "illegal" could ever dream of doing.

Or do you actually believe that the best military enforcement in the world can't even control a 2000 mile border of land from people running across it ?!

Please

Time to wake up and smell what's really going on instead of fist waving and cheering when some fat schmuck in a tie spouts flag-waving propaganda: "... we have laws that need to be followed..."

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

No, the degenerates are those that would bring a kid to a highly charged political meeting and use them as a pawn to forward their agenda. Its an effective tactic, though, because inevitably some people will fall for it.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
As a Native American I always find these type of threads hilariously pathetic...

As someone who also possesses "Native" American ancestry and a high regard for anthropology I know that this continent has no "Natives".

Everyone here came from somewhere else.

Then where did the people whose tools and other artifacts found, that are 10,000 years old come from?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Anyone ever hear of compassion? USA bunch of sniveling bullies!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
She could always go back with him, and assist with him coming back legally or under asylum. Or he could marry her mom... assuming the mom is legal. The father put her in this situation and is responsible for the outcome.

I'm left of center, but I do agree with you...there has to be limits. there has to be fair-minded approach to immigration....I don't mind letting in those people that apply and go through the process for citizenship, but, I'm not for opening up the borders to everyone that wants to come in. with that said, any sub-contractor, contractor, owner, or CEO, that knowingly hires illegals should get a mandatory 3 year prison sentence, regardless of their wealth or position.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by CB328

You know, I try where possible to be even handed, fair minded, to have my eyes open, and to be compassionate. However, there is one thing that makes me shed all that decency, all that fairness and awareness, errodes my capacity for compassion, and that is the kind of cold hearted, souless degenerate that would CHEER as a little girl has her world crushed, burned, and its remains kicked around the ashen waste that used to be her life.

I have fed the hungry, I have nursed the sick, I have protected the weak and the innocent, my capacity for compassion is not in doubt. But the braying bastards in that room, who cheered the demise of this little girls family life... Those people better thank the Lord God almighty that I do not live in the USA, because I swear on the blood of my ancestors, I would spend DAYS killing these bastards.

No one, and I mean NO ONE who could CHEER that deserves to be breathing my God damned air. I am not saying that the GOP representative should not have said what he said. If the political situation is as he stated, then thats how it is, unfortunate though it may be. But you do not CHEER the statement! Have these people no bloody dignity, no sensitivity what so ever? These are the sort of awful bastards who can be seen in the background of happy slapping videos, watching and laughing as some poor unfortunate gets pee'd on by some jerk with a camera phone.

Understand, I really couldnt give a crap about the politics being discussed in the video. I EXPECT politicans to be about as sensitive as a concrete block to the gonads, but the people in this crowd should be bloody ashamed of themselves, and if there is anyone in the area where this was filmed with a backbone and an ounce of moral fibre, then those cheering spectators had better be looking behind them when they walk as well, because someone somewhere close, will be loading guns and sharpening knives, and so they bloody well should.
edit on 22-8-2013 by TrueBrit because: clarificatory grammar correction.
I was with you until the "loaded guns and sharpened knives" statement. I believe the law should be adhered to and as stated before by others, so called fathers are deported everyday, but for you to imply death to those insensitive people who cheered is nothing less then pure out of control hate which is the problem in todays world.

To know that you hate like that and actually imply that anyone with a backbone or moral fiber ( do people with moral fiber where you come from kill everyone they disagree with?) makes any of what you said redundant and truthfully it bothers me you are breathing my air.

I normally ignore hate filled people like you but the sever comment of death to someone you disagree with demanded some sort of retort. You are truly a total fail as a judgmental person.............sad

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join