It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd cheers as GOP rep. tells girl her dad would have to be deported

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
I find it deplorable that someone would use a young girl to push a political agenda. This girl was used as a tool by the those that are out to demonize those that only want the law to be followed. where are those crying out about those that abuse this young girl by setting her up for this? Why didn't the father think about the repurcussions of his CRIME? There are thousands in the penitentiary now that have children, why should this man be any different? Yes this is jolly bad form to put a young innocent girl in front of you and use her for a shield to protect your butt from the repurcussions of your crime. In some parts of the world this might be a war crime.

It's debatable whether or not she really even has an undocumented father. This child was asked by an adult (this is the one the OP should be shocked at) to go up and take a stance at a meeting on a political issue, period. What child calls their parent an "undocumented" father?

Vidio curtesy of NBC Latino is also noteworthy.

edit on 24-8-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

They didn't cheer to let uninsured people die at a ron paul rally. The fact that you lump Ron Paul in with the gop shows your extreme bias and font understand Ron Pauls politics. It was the gop cheering at the question of whether the government should just let people die and it happenes during a debate. He also quickly said no of course that's not what he wanted.. you failed to cite that. The crowd was far from a pro Ron Paul crowd.. it was the neocon crowd. Ron Paul supporters would never be that stupid. Did you just want to rip on Ron Paul or do you just regularly not know whar you are talking about?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Did they boo her question or just cheer someone else's answer? It doesn't look good, but I think its being exaggerated a bit

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

One more time, it doesnt matter wether they were cheering the answer. Cheering at all bearing in mind the consequences of the answer for that girls family was impossibly bad form, and those people should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I doubt they intended to hurt the girls feelings. Ashamed? Maybe. People don't think sometimes. Earlier in this thread you said they deserved to die!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Gawd forbid should the day ever come that the SHTF and American citizens desperately try to flee their country, for whatever reason, on foot in search of sanctuary elsewhere...

You do realize that if that happened most of us would probably head to Canada, right?

Then you need to start with your government's (and their corporate bosses) involvement in freely shipping and aiding them across the border to do cheap manual labour that Americans aren't doing because they're too busy making a better income collecting their food stamps and welfare cheques, eating bon bons, and watching Honey Boo Boo.

You do realize that illegals are in many areas of the workforce right? It doesn't take millions of illegals to pick crops. When ICE would raid places where illegals worked, those jobs were quickly taken by citizens!

Illegals also collect welfare, get free medical, cheap housing etc.

"Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins." ~ Native proverb

Then don't be so harsh on anti illegal people who believe in the laws of the land,who are suffering and struggling to feed their families while illegals hold jobs, who are falling through the cracks because they make a dollar or two above the poverty limit and can't get help, who are forced to speak spanish in order to get hired in many places because most of the illegals speak spanish and refuse to learn the language of the land like all other immigrants.

We have people who have to decide between life saving medicines or food. Do you really think they wouldn't take any job available to them? We have families with hungry children. Do you really think these families would rather be on welfare?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Even though this is disgusting, it brings a smile to my face because it reconfirms that the GOP is dying with their extremist and out of touch views. I would bet I could accurately predict the demographics of the crowd that cheered this...and that is the GOPs problem.

So even though it is hard to hear and know that there are uncompassionate idiots out there that would cheer this...I also know they are a dying breed and we will soon be free of them.

I hope Obama grants amnesty to everyone through an executive order...it's within his powers and it would make Right Wingers heads explode...and that's what you get for holding antiquated opinions in our modern world.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

One more time, it doesnt matter wether they were cheering the answer. Cheering at all bearing in mind the consequences of the answer for that girls family was impossibly bad form, and those people should be ashamed of themselves.

The parents knew damned well that in that situation that sort of thing would happen so why did they let her go in the first place? They set her up for their own agenda and the child is paying the price because of it. Had they have left her at home, this never would have happened. What kind of parent would put their child on display like that knowing the chances were quite high that something like that would happen?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

my family is currently divided because we are trying to do things legally. My wife and daughter are in Mexico while my wife gets her LEGAL visa. If I have to spend a year without my loved ones and my wife and daughter without a husband and father...why shouldn't this family?

are they more special than my family and me? Do they not need to follow the rules like we do?

Some People need to grow up and stop playing marionettes with our heart strings for an advantageous position over everyone else.

edit on 24-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes I did, because if they had to suffer consequences for thier casual thoughtlessness, perhaps it wouldnt happen so bloody much. Perhaps if there were serious rammifications, painful, primal rammifications for ignorance, for those who simply go about thier lives, not caring about the consequences of thier actions, then perhaps people would realise that the only thing that can keep the world turning is mutual respect, given only where it is due.

The people who cheered deserve no respect, because they have none for others. They choose to blindly stumble from jingoism to nationalism, allowing both thier own souls and minds to rot from within, and by pretentions of patriotism, tarnish the name of anyone who respects the flag they covet. They are traitors to the founding principles of the nation in which they live, and last I heard, treason could catch you a nasty case of death.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

As many have pointed out. The man came here illegally and chose to have a child while not a legal citizen of this Nation. He is accountable regardless of what anyone thinks. This isn't a GOP issue. This is an accountability issue.

My opinion is that any child born on US soil that is not a a child of a legal citizen remains a citizen of whatever Nation there parents are from and should not be entitled to any citizenship. Sounds cold and mean but you can't decide to enforce the rules some of the time and not enforce the rules other times.

Immigration needs more than just a serious reform but a complete overhaul so as to never alow situations where compassion is no longer a factor. No one would be able to make others suffer inadvertently if our Citizenship laws for immigration were to the point and set in stone.

I feel for these folks but a line has to be drawn and it needs to be clear and to the point so no one encounters the issues we have presently. Wit that said it will not be resolved without making many unpopular choices along the way.
edit on 8-24-2013 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Article could also read:

Negligent father endangers the well-being of innocent child. (Insert name) ripped a beautiful butterfly of a girl away from her family in her home country. He then went on to commit felony after felony with heinous disregard for the implications to this young child. The poor baby is now left alone and abandoned due to this abusive father's selfish, greedy, and criminal acts.
edit on 8/24/2013 by mantisfortress because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

I agree, I think it's horrible that she was even brought there. The parents arn't stupid. This is a child and they knew damned well the possibility of her getting her feelings hurt and her hopes dashed. They KNEW this yet allowed it anyway! If I had a child and even if she wanted to be there and speak, I wouldn't have allowed it at that age. Common sense alone tells you the possibility of hurt feelings would be high at these events.

I liken your argument to the "if you didn't dress so slutty, you wouldn't have gotten raped" argument (I'm just picking the best-known analogy and am NOT equating the two arguments). Whether the parent's were wrong for bringing her there or not, the people should have had a little more compassion and respect for a child at the expense of their desire to express their passion for a political viewpoint.

This is my opinion of course, but to me, this is another sign that some people simply have no compassion or respect for others and always seem to have a justification for the abhorrent behavior.

Yeah, it was pretty messed up for someone to bring that little girl.

I understand that they were cheering for enforcing immigration laws.

But what I don't understand is how passion for a political viewpoint justifies being so callous when a child is involved. Blame the parents for bringing the girl all you want, but it wasn't the parents who cheered when the little girl was essentially told that her dad could be deported.

You seem intent on pointing the finger at the parent's, but this is just a red herring. This is about the people cheering without any concern for the little girl, regardless of how she got there. Just because her parents brought her their doesn't mean it was their fault the people showed no respect for a child.

ETA: Many in this thread keep trying to distract from the issue by bringing up immigration violations and whether it was right or wrong for the girl to be there. That isn't what this thread is about.

Her dad is here illegally. She was there whether it was wrong or not. The issue is, was it wrong for the crowd to cheer at the expense of the child. Anything else is an attempt at distraction.
edit on 24-8-2013 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I myself never would have cheered and do not at all condone the actions of these people, however it is important that the parents take personal responsibility for their actions as well. You see, illegals do this with their children at other events as well. It is a ploy to get what they want and it is wrong and unfair to these kids. I guess some of us were just so upset with the parents putting the kid in that position. Sorry to go off topic.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wrong thread sorry
edit on 24-8-2013 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
For the illegals to use children to get what they want is horrible. Of course it is sad that they should get seperated but the parent took that risk knowing this could happen. Many children all across the USA have been seperated from a parent who made bad choices and we don't treat them as special and change laws to help them be with their law breaking parent.

That's just it, we have laws and we can't pick and choose which ones we wish to follow. Illegals never want to take personal responsibility for their actions, instead they use their children and sad stories to get what they want. We have tons of sad stories from our own citizens. Do we change the laws for them?

Many families have had to split up because the father works offshore, in the military, in the merchant navy, has to go away on work trips in the desert or remote countryside.

Look at that mother of five who was shot dead by robbers in a bakery, simply because it was the only work she could find. Her husband was working out of state.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The borders between Mexico and the US will always be a problem. Nothing like beating a dead horse the way they do in the Middle East with their perpetual divisions for thousands of years.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
And thus the problem with one of the States two faction system... well after the fact that two, or even three factions can't represent the ideologies of a state's populace very well... and that is that the GOP, of late especially, attracts the sort of people who ascribe to schadenfreude... or are ardent followers of the stooge triumvirate.

Or actually, the sort of people who laugh at funny looking cancer patients without giving a thought to the fact they could be next... not to mention that the kind of humans I like don't need to be reminded "it coulda been me" every three seconds.

Ick.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Another new low for the GOP (as if they could get any lower). It's bad enough that they cheered letting uninsured people die at a Ron Paul rally, now they think it's funny that children might lose their parents, and yet these same people are always telling us that they care about people, and their reputation as mean and cold-hearted is undeserved. Don't believe them.

Four generations ago my Grandparents immigrated Legally to the US, they learned to read, write and speak the English language, they obeyed the laws of this Country.

I consider your post an Insult to anyone who has immigrated legally to the US!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Nice stereotype. I didn't boo any gay soldiers. Insensitive people are insensitive people, whether blue or red.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join