It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings believed that his Mercedes was being tampered with.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Michael Hastings' Dangerous Mind: Journalistic Star Was Loved, Feared and Haunted.

Hastings was intensely interested in government surveillance of journalists.

In May, the story broke about the Department of Justice obtaining the phone records of Associated Press reporters.

A couple weeks later, Edward Snowden's revelations about the National Security Agency's massive surveillance program became public. Hastings was convinced he was a target.

His behavior grew increasingly erratic. Helicopters often circle over the hills, but Hastings believed there were more of them around whenever he was at home, keeping an eye on him.

He came to believe his Mercedes was being tampered with. "Nothing I could say could console him," Thigpen says.

One night in June, he came to Thigpen's apartment after midnight and urgently asked to borrow her Volvo. He said he was afraid to drive his own car.

So, according to a friend and neighbor, Michael was suspicious of the government and even suspected that they might have tampered with his car.

Many would say that his suspicions were correct.

There were reports that Michael suspected that the government was on to him but I'm not sure how many of those accounts have been corroborated.

Well, here it is.

All roads seem to lead to the government.

I have to say, thats very aware of him. I dont think I'd know if the government was after me.

Wait, whats that noise...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This might be big news over in Russia, just as there is a nerve gas attack in Syria by the regime there.
edit on 22-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You know, I think that I have lost my knack for searching here on ATS.
I was shocked that this wasn't here.

So where is the outrage that I would expect to see? You knew it, I knew it, heck we all knew it, he was murdered. Anymore I wonder if this administration is so corrupt, that the oversight committe just can't keep up.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

(excuse me, slightly off topic I know)

It would seem, looking at Twitter remarks from SSG Joe Biggs that a toxicology report has been released and that he has read it.

SSG Joe Biggs ‏@Rambobiggs 18h

@nadeltanz @Blondetigressnc I have the full report and many things do not add up

Unfortunately I can't find a link to it and was wondering if anyone knows if it has been published anywhere.
It's well overdue in any case.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
You know, I think that I have lost my knack for searching here on ATS.
I was shocked that this wasn't here.

So where is the outrage that I would expect to see? You knew it, I knew it, heck we all knew it, he was murdered. Anymore I wonder if this administration is so corrupt, that the oversight committe just can't keep up.

I think it should be investigated for evidence, when there's proof I will be outraged.. but it sure does seem fishy.. you can't act out without evidence.. that's a bad idea... one thing everyone should insist on is a very thorough investigation..

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Hastings Autopsy

Here is a link from 2 days ago regarding the Autopsy, Toxicology and Police Report.

The toxicology shows positive for Meth and THC.

The Brother says that he may have also been taking a Halucinagen called Dimethyltryptamine.

It also notes that Hastings was passed out around 12:30-1:00a.m.

That is also the same time that the neighbor said he was at her house.

So definitely something is conflicting.
edit on 22-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I totally agree with you about jumping to conclusions without an investigation...

but it's a bit like asking the family dog to investigate where the 'missing pork chop' went....

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well - this has been discussed for a couple of days, beginning here...
Just didn't start a new thread...to do so, as it really isn't a new topic.
Saying that he was "onto" something, however, kind of jumps the gun.
He "might" have been onto something.
He "might" have been paranoid of his own accord.
And, he "might" have been paranoid-delusional due to the effects of the particular "drugs" he was allegedly involved with.
If you don't consider the fact that his family was "in L.A." at the time of the accident...and the fact that they were purportedly "there" with a specific purpose of getting him "into rehab"...then, you might easily jump to the conclusion that "his suspicions were well founded".
In my opinion...we do not have enough evidence to jump to either conclusion...but the scales are tipping toward - paranoid delusion, at the moment.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Sure, after what he exposed in such a high profile case, there would at least be some concern of what the consequences would be. Especially with any prior mental issues that may have further influenced paranoia. I wouldn't doubt there be at least some tactics out there to further any of his issues at this point.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

There is nothing wrong with a new thread when new evidence is provided. Most folks will not stay current with the issue if it is kept to one thread.

So, Travon Martin wasn't paranoid from pot, but Hastings was? I really don't think pot will make a person as worried as Hastings was. And just because he used pot doesn't mean it caused the accident. I can see already that it is being used to discredit him. I say wait until we get more details from his neighbor. I am 100% certain that he told her why he thought they tampered with his car. And maybe even a few extra things that may not be mentioned, YET. Plus we will have the Rolling Stones article and also what his wife hasn't told yet. Etc... I feel that this story has wings.

edit on 22-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I really don't think pot will make a person as worried as Hastings was

You might be right about "Pot", however you can Not discount the Meth Addiction or possbile Dimethyltryptamine use.

Those are serious Hard drugs that have the tendacy to cause mental instability.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Every time someone is bumped off we suddenly see reports that contain stuff like "He used drugs" or "He was a kiddy fiddler" or "He suffered from mental issues".

Remember Dianna? "They're going to kill me in a car accident" and we were told the driver was a drunk!

edit on 22-8-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Do you have reason to believe the Toxicology Results were forged?

If you could enlighten us that would be great.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hastings had traces of Pot and Meth in his system. One of the nifty little side affects of Meth is, wait for it.... Paranoia! Not to say nothing evil happened to him or that he was not targeted for something bad. It is just another theory.

Meth = Crazy paranoia. Doing stories about the NSA and CIA could also make you paranoid. Combine the two and he might have just been overreacting to a Suburban with tinted windows.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by WanDash

...There is nothing wrong with a new thread when new evidence is provided. Most folks will not stay current with the issue if it is kept to one thread.

Your opinion, of course. And stated like a seasoned veteran - I might add...
(just kidding)

So, Travon Martin wasn't paranoid from pot, but Hastings was? I really don't think pot will make a person as worried as Hastings was. And just because he used pot doesn't mean it caused the accident. I can see already that it is being used to discredit him. I say wait until we get more details from his neighbor. I am 100% certain that he told her why he thought they tampered with his car. And maybe even a few extra things that may not be mentioned, YET. Plus we will have the Rolling Stones article and also what his wife hasn't told yet. Etc... I feel that this story has wings.

He had been talking to/with the neighbor, since April...when her boyfriend died in an automobile accident. The landlord had suggested that she get to know him...since he had gone through a similar traumatic episode with his former fiancée... In May...when news started breaking, regarding the Feds snooping on reporters...he became more vocal in their conversations - exceptionally so, according to her...and was convinced that the Feds were snooping on him... His suspicion, however, went past emails, tweets, and phone calls...to believing that the choppers flying overhead (or - at least, some of them)...were there...because of him.
We really don't have to wait any longer to know the "why"s of his suspicion of car tampering. She did spell it out. Even spelled-out that she had tried to temper his fears...but that she could not console him (in those regards).
The wife has been on the No Foul Play bandwagon since as early as her first comments on the subject.

PS: I don't know what any of my comments had to do with Travon Martin...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Do you have reason to believe the Toxicology Results were forged?

If you could enlighten us that would be great.

Thanks.

Do you have reason to believe they were true?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Certainly I have reason to believe they are true. They are required to be certified.

What is your reason to believe they are forged?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If he was really a tweeker(methhead) then that cpmpletely explains it.

I have litterally seen people walk over and look out the window hundreds of times thinking the cops were there watching them.

Pretty much sums it up.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
So has anybody even looked to see who Thigpen is? Well she served on a board with some interesting people.

www.sfwpc.org...

Jacqueline Piccini worked for Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano.

And that is not the only one. How about this one.

Jordana Stein has worked on Capitol Hill and on John Kerry’s presidential campaign.

And it gets better. How about this one.

Annie Eagan worked for Senator Dianne Feinstein in San Francisco and then in Washington, D.C. as part of the Senator’s legislative staff.

So you have some body who was with Hastings and his neighbor who is tied to the head of DHS,the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee and the Secretary of State.

Could this just be a propaganda story from the Broadcast Board of Governors? That is the official US Propaganda Agency ran by John Kerry. Or do we just have a strange coincidence that this woman is connected to so many high profile people? Seems odd. The chances of being connected to one but three high profile people who would target Hastings. I think it passed the point of coincidence.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Certainly I have reason to believe they are true. They are required to be certified.

What is your reason to believe they are forged?

Well, I never said they were forged! I just mentioned that we see these same character assassinating utterances every time it's believed that someone has been bumped off.
As for certification, that means sod all, if he was indeed bumped off.
Tell me, what makes you think they COULDN'T produce a bogus certificate?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join