It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what exactly did Bradly Manning "reveal"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

“Is this embarrassing? Yes. Is this awkward? Yes. Consequences for U.S. foreign policy? I think fairly modest.”

- Robert Gates, Unites States Secretary of Defense

What Bradley Manning Revealed.

What exactly did Manning "reveal"? The only thing that I recall was the video of the US military killing reporters and civilians (all in a day's work).

For those of you (like me) who may be wondering, the above article provides a pretty good summary.

I'll provide a brief outline:
  1. US (refers to the US government) knows that Defense Contractors engage in child trafficking and purchased boys from child traffickers for "entertainment".
  2. Egyptian torturers received training from the FBI in Quantico, Virginia.
  3. US official policy embraces torture.
  4. Hillary Clinton authorized the State Department to steal the DNA of top UN officials.
  5. Most of the prisoners in Guantanamo are innocent or low level nothings.
  6. The US (despite its many denials) has an estimate of how many civilians they've killed in Iraq (though grossly under exaggerated).
  7. The US withheld information about the killing of Reuters journalists and accompanying civilians.
  8. The State Department backed corporate opposition to a Haitian minimum wage law (to protect the profits of US based firms).
  9. The US told the government of Yemen to take responsibility for drone bombings.
So, what can we conclude?

I'll begin: that the US government, which has waged lie based wars of aggression, experimented on humans (MK Ultra, Tuskegee, radiation etc.), conducted false flag operations, overthrown peaceful governments in the name of profit and engaged in just about every evil act imaginable; may be taking their orders directly from Satan.

Well, theyre not ALL evil but many, if not all of those in DC, know whats going on and are complicit, which would make them accessories to these crimes against humanity.

35 years for reporting crimes. I thought we were supposed to report crimes to the authorities?

But what happens when the authorities are the criminals?

You go to prison.

edit on 21-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The sad thing is Obama said, "If you see something, say something." Look how well that worked out for Manning and other whistle blowers.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
None of this is surprising or anything new really.

Wasn't worth 35 years of his life to leak it......

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
None of this is surprising or anything new really.

Wasn't worth 35 years of his life to leak it......

Certainly wasn't when the majority of the dullards in the USA's reaction was "D'huh! We're supposed ta hate you because they say you is a traitor. That means you suck. Oh look, Americuhn Idowl is on. Kids come watch!"

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Besides the outline you provided, what Manning really revealled is what hides in the open, that governments lie, steal, destroy lives and kill.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by qwerty12345
The sad thing is Obama said, "If you see something, say something." Look how well that worked out for Manning and other whistle blowers.

Could not agree with you more, and it boils my anger that people will still go along with him and his policies

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

There is a lot to be outraged about. To name one, I absolutely deplore how the tragedy in Haiti was handled. Manning provided evidence. To allow and subvert a recovery operation that would allow a country to get a little bit ahead of the pit it finds itself is evil in itself. It's clear that he has a lot of moral fiber and made a very tough decision and a very brave one.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This kid did screw up. He was young and perhaps mislead. He did this for no real gain other than he saw it as wrong and wanted the truth to be known. He could have done it smarter or not at all.

But 35 years?

What about WMD in Iraq? Fast and Furious? Bailing out the banks? Serious stuff. What are the sentences for those involved there?

So this kid gets slammed for no other reason than as an example. An example to those not in power even thinking about messing with business as usual for those calling the shots. This selective application of 'justice' is depressing.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I'm pretty sure that the US priorities are that you don't reveal secrets. Ever.

top topics

join