It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterday's Ride Home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by draknoir2

so I figure it was 100 feet or so up and not very big... maybe a couple feet in diameter. I really couldn't tell for sure what it was, but since it was silent my guess would be a bunch of mylar balloons.

I'm a bit confused

You've posted this in the aliens & UFO's forum........yet even you think it's mylar balloons, and seeing as you are the only witness and you consider it to be a mylar balloon.....why even bother posting it?

No offence intended.

None taken.

I said I didn't know what it was, and since it was airborne I would think this would be exactly the place to post it. I initially guessed RC drone, then mylar balloons, but those were just guesses - being an evil skeptic I'm bound to try and self-debunk. Why bother posting it? Because I NEVER see something out of place in the sky when I have a camera handy, much less in broad daylight, and there is a possibility that someone from the area saw it as well and can positively identify it as unusual or mundane.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate
reply to post by Argyll

What's confusing?

My story has no pictures (except for what I drew) but is very convincing of something out of the ordinary, I don't neccesarily claim it to be aliens either. I think I stated excavator, but in reality it is unknown and he is looking for others opinion as are most who post in these forums.

I hope I was able to clear up a few points of confusion for you.

There are some very resourceful members here who have helped me to find answers on more than one occasion as a result of my posting vague, purely anecdotal accounts.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
I believe you! I am actually rethinking the "if everyone has cell phone cameras, we should see more good UFO pics" logic.

So I know you and your postings from around here and believe you think clearly about these things. So I take your account at face value. Its the cell phones that are deceiving!

So I had 9th row directly behind home plate at a Phillies game the other day. I have only been closer while at a little league game. I took a pic with my iphone to show how close I was, it looked like I was a mile away!

but then again. I stuck a boog on my car window and took a picture of it and it looked like a ufo flying over some trees!

You should post that on the hoax section. :-)

I don't carry a real camera for the same reason I don't carry binoculars - too cumbersome. Don't even like carrying a cell, but on a bike it's a good idea to have one. I was hoping the shot would be clear enough for me to zoom in and see exactly what it was, but no such luck.

edit on 24-8-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
On the commute home yesterday, about 2 miles from my house [around 6:30pm in Cary IL], I happened to notice something out of place in the sky. It was metallic and oddly hovering and rotating. At first I thought our local PD was testing out a new drone purchase [our property taxes are certainly high enough for that], so I pulled the bike over and snapped a pic with my crappy iPhone camera. The disappointing photos make it look much more distant than it was. I rode a little further and it didn't take long to pass it, so I figure it was 100 feet or so up and not very big... maybe a couple feet in diameter. I really couldn't tell for sure what it was, but since it was silent my guess would be a bunch of mylar balloons.

Can you describe the object in any better detail, from your memory? What was so unusual about how it looked? Could you see any details or features that you could describe?

Also, does the OP mean that you saw the UFO, stopped and took a pic... AND THEN KEPT GOING without continuing to watch it???

Just trying to understand the story better. I don't see how you could just bike past a UFO on purpose lol. I would watch the thing for as long as I could...

Did you lose interest in the UFO while it was still in the sky?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Also: I understand how BALLOONS are often blamed for UFO's.

BUT: If a UFO is a bunch of metallic balloons: The question becomes WHY would someone even do that?

Why would someone buy a ton of mylar balloons, tie 'em together, and then let them go?

The only motivation would be: To create a hoax UFO on purpose lol. Right? I can't think of any other reason.

PLUS it would be a pretty expensive stunt for no reason, right? How many mylar balloons do you think might have made up the UFO?

Maybe 50? 100?

So some hoaxers just randomly decide to spend a couple / few hundred dollars, just to let it float away, as a stunt?

It's possible but jeez, it seems so expensive and therefore so unlikely that anyone would bother to spend the time and $$ on such a pointless hoax lol.

Well that's my 2 cents on the typical balloon idea...

Possible but expensive and pointless, therefore unlikely IMO.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Balloons get away from tiny hands all the time. The area is purely residential - plenty of summer parties going on.

I was interested enough to pull the Harley over, pull out my cell and snap a couple of shots before it drifted out of sight over the trees. I'm not one to assume something is exotic without proof, so I figured once I got home and looked at the pics it would clear things up. Perhaps if it were clearly something unconventional I would have pursued it, but it wasn't and safety considerations prevailed.

Sorry for the late response.

I overlaid the two shots so you can see the motion and rotation.

edit on 25-9-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join