It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterday's Ride Home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
On the commute home yesterday, about 2 miles from my house [around 6:30pm in Cary IL], I happened to notice something out of place in the sky. It was metallic and oddly hovering and rotating. At first I thought our local PD was testing out a new drone purchase [our property taxes are certainly high enough for that], so I pulled the bike over and snapped a pic with my crappy iPhone camera. The disappointing photos make it look much more distant than it was. I rode a little further and it didn't take long to pass it, so I figure it was 100 feet or so up and not very big... maybe a couple feet in diameter. I really couldn't tell for sure what it was, but since it was silent my guess would be a bunch of mylar balloons.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Surprised nobody else has commented. Hopefully that means that some of the super savvy computer people are working to enhance your picture?
Unfortunately I'm not one of them.

It's cool that you were able to take pictures though!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, darn! Way too far away to see much of anything.

Your idea of mylar balloons seems as justified as anything. I Hate how my camera does the 'long view' thing - I was once 10 feet away from a Big Horn Sheep who calmly looked at me while I snapped a photo - got home and it looked like I was 30 feet away. Major bummer.

If it didn't do anything except hang in the air, was silent and could possibly be mylar balloons, I guess that's what I'll go with, too.

Thanks for making the effort with the camera, though.

peace,
AB

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Thread title must not be sensational enough.

I wouldn't have noticed it at all had I been in a car, and it was weird enough to make me pull over. Didn't initially look like balloons and I thought it was smoking as it tumbled, which is why a Police Dept RC drone came to mind.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

It really was low and clear enough to make out the luster, shape, and that it was rotating/tumbling.To my eye the view was pretty crisp. The cell cam really screwed things up.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Even though I can't tell much about it, thanks for taking a pic and sharing it with us!
I appreciate it when ATS'ers do such things because there's always the chance the someone, somewhere else may have seen the same thing and then there are others to corroborate the story. It likely may have been mylar balloons, but I often wonder just how many truly strange things - things that may not be quite so mundane - are seen and nobody ever hears about it because the witnesses never speak of it. So, thanks from me for posting pics and sharing your experience with us! I wish more people would do the same when they see strange things in the sky. Even if you did think it was something "normal," taking pics was the right thing to do because you just never know! Have you checked MUFON to see if anyone else reported seeing anything similar? It would be kind of exciting if others reported it, as well.

Have a star and a flag!

edit on 8/22/2013 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I did look for other reports, but this is all I found and it was from last month.

n4sa.com...

Sorry I missed that one.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The real UFOs seem to be balls of light (although some cases throughout history talk about metallic disks). A pair of binoculars would have done the job, too bad.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
reply to post by AboveBoard

It really was low and clear enough to make out the luster, shape, and that it was rotating/tumbling.To my eye the view was pretty crisp. The cell cam really screwed things up.

I believe you, draknoir, so no worries!
I don't think you'd bring something here without it having been really impressive. I still can't say what it is, though...not from the pic - those cameras are so frustrating!

peace,
AB
edit on 22-8-2013 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm pretty decent with photoshop, but unfortunately I don't really know what I could really do to enhance the pics. Maybe somebody else knows, but I don't know if I could really improve much. I hope to see it better though! I'm intrigued.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Here are the two shots I took, cropped and at 8X zoom.

Not much better but you can make out the change in position and orientation.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Its possibly a small booger...or a small piece of one.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
At that distance it would have been a huge one.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
At that distance it would have been a huge one.
I believe you! I am actually rethinking the "if everyone has cell phone cameras, we should see more good UFO pics" logic.

So I know you and your postings from around here and believe you think clearly about these things. So I take your account at face value. Its the cell phones that are deceiving!

So I had 9th row directly behind home plate at a Phillies game the other day. I have only been closer while at a little league game. I took a pic with my iphone to show how close I was, it looked like I was a mile away!

but then again. I stuck a boog on my car window and took a picture of it and it looked like a ufo flying over some trees!

edit on 23-8-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

so I figure it was 100 feet or so up and not very big... maybe a couple feet in diameter. I really couldn't tell for sure what it was, but since it was silent my guess would be a bunch of mylar balloons.

I'm a bit confused

You've posted this in the aliens & UFO's forum........yet even you think it's mylar balloons, and seeing as you are the only witness and you consider it to be a mylar balloon.....why even bother posting it?

No offence intended.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
The real UFOs seem to be balls of light (although some cases throughout history talk about metallic disks). A pair of binoculars would have done the job, too bad.

Although my experience were lights also, they weren't simply just balls of light.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To the OP, thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing! I have seen similar objects in other sightings on video.
And thanks for pointing out the probs with cameras and UFOs , it might make some people rethink their opinions on the ease of getting pics in this day and age ;0)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

What's confusing?

My story has no pictures (except for what I drew) but is very convincing of something out of the ordinary, I don't neccesarily claim it to be aliens either. I think I stated excavator, but in reality it is unknown and he is looking for others opinion as are most who post in these forums.

I hope I was able to clear up a few points of confusion for you.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

What's confusing?
My story has no pictures (except for what I drew) but is very convincing of something out of the ordinary, I don't neccesarily claim it to be aliens either. I think I stated excavator, but in reality it is unknown and he is looking for others opinion as are most who post in these forums.
I hope I was able to clear up a few points of confusion for you.

What's confusing?.......he/she thinks it's a mylar balloon....and that's what it looks like.

I made no reference to "your story"

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

My point was, his thread, like mine doesn't try to portray it to be anything. His opinion is it could be Mylar balloons but it could also be something else. Hence his desire to share, you would think that was obvious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join