It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I never really paid much attention to the subject but the other night i was in bed watching a movie.It was about 4 am and i could feel myself falling asleep.I finally gave in and just dosed off and now comes the weird part.I was asleep and all i could see was darkness then out of nowhere a dark figure darker than the surrounding leaned over me.I could make out the shape of a head,neck and shoulders and as soon as it looked over me i jumped awake in fright.I checked the time on the movie and only 15 minutes had passed.I stayed awake the whole night until morning before going back asleep.

I never made anything of it until today i came across a film titled 'Shadow people'

that's a link to the trailer.I don't buy in to them being spirits but i heard they could be inter dimensional

Feel free to share any thoughts and opinions
edit on 20/08/2013 by KILLERCODE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KILLERCODE

Honestly I think you just "spooked" yourself.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Can't see the video on this tablet but I had seen the subject discussed on a show before. It is apparently a pretty wide spread phenomenon but one that is not discussed very often. I mean start telling you saw shadow moving and they are going to commit you and that is why most people don't talk about it.

One of the theories is they usually appear around portals into another dimension. Why one is seen many times along a jogging path in the woods for example.

It is an interesting subject that some scientist believe it's possible. Saw the Japanese professor in new York talking about it. It is out of the box science and the skeptics will probably come out of the woodwork to way in on this one lol.

The Bot

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

maybe but it seemed so real and even though i couldn't see facial features it looked angry

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dlbott
Can't see the video on this tablet but I had seen the subject discussed on a show before. It is apparently a pretty wide spread phenomenon but one that is not discussed very often. I mean start telling you saw shadow moving and they are going to commit you and that is why most people don't talk about it.

One of the theories is they usually appear around portals into another dimension. Why one is seen many times along a jogging path in the woods for example.

It is an interesting subject that some scientist believe it's possible. Saw the Japanese professor in new York talking about it. It is out of the box science and the skeptics will probably come out of the woodwork to way in on this one lol.

The Bot

Thank for the info but i didn't think scientist talked about this subject

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I had the same type of thing happen to me when dropping off to sleep. Feeling that something is looming over me, feeling of falling or losing balance(yes,even when laying down), or just a sudden jolt from a noise or flash of thought that, once awake, I knew was from my own head.

I think this is normal in a lot of people. Frankly I've accepted it as an amusing event when it occurs. Perhaps my subconcious leaking out

Anyways if this "dark shadow" is from an external source what harm could it do you if, like in my case, you don't fear it, find it amusing and actually sort of like it?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

My fathers wife, who is deceased, use to see them or at least he claimed. He would say that it always seemed to have a silhouette of a hat and a long coat. Whatever it was scared him deeply.

It's one of those events that many people have witnessed but I don't know if there are reports where multiple people saw the same one. That would be interesting to say the least and could rule out overactive imaginations.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

My fathers wife, who is deceased, use to see them or at least he claimed. He would say that it always seemed to have a silhouette of a hat and a long coat. Whatever it was scared him deeply.

It's one of those events that many people have witnessed but I don't know if there are reports where multiple people saw the same one. That would be interesting to say the least and could rule out overactive imaginations.

Do you know if he ever had paralysis while seeing one of these beings

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

As long as you don't see something like this...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
No I unfortunately don't. He claimed to see it outside and other places so he was fully awake. There is a time he supposedly seen it while getting out of his car at night standing across the driveway. He ran as fast as he could into the house.

I've had sleep paralysis and thought someone was in the room hanging in the shadows many time when I was a kid. I've had sleep paralysis about twice in the last 10 years so it's a rare occurrence anymore.
edit on 20-8-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

I don't wan't look at that picture i'm in a house on my own lol

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
No I unfortunately don't. He claimed to see outside and other places so he was fully awake. There is a time he supposedly seen it while getting out of his car at night standing across the driveway. He ran as fast as he could into the house.

I've had sleep paralysis and thought someone was in the room hanging in the shadows many time when I was a kid. I've had sleep paralysis about twice in the last 10 years so it's a rare occurrence anymore.

I ask because now that i think back a little while ago i was laying in bed and all of a sudden i couldn't move but at the end of my room was a dark figure then it vanished and i could move again that and the one in the thread are my only experience.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Whenever i hear about "Shadow People" the first thing that pops into my mind are the old myths about Shades

Those familiar with mythology have likely heard about the "underworld" from various cultures, which i think nicely connects both of the current popular theories about Shadow People.

If the Underworld existed as many of the oldest stories claim, then it would be in many ways akin to an alternate dimension where the souls of the dead reside.

It is a more common myth then you might think, for example.
Native American Myth

The Choctaws have stories about shadow beings. Nalusa Falaya, also known as a Impa Shilup, was the soul-eater, great black being, or devil.[3] If people allow evil thoughts or depression to enter their minds, it would creep inside them and eat their soul.
Nalusa Falaya (long black being) resembled a man, but with very small eyes and long, pointed ears. He sometimes frightened hunters or transferred his power of doing harm. Some believed that Nalusa Falaya preferred to approach men by sliding on his stomach like a snake.
Hashok Okwa Hui'ga (Grass Water Drop) was believed to have a connection to what is termed will-o-the-wisp. Only its heart is visible, and that only at night. Hashok Okwa Hui'ga leads astray anyone who looks at it.
It was also believed that every man had a shilombish (the outside shadow) which always followed him, and shilup (the inside shadow, or ghost) which after death goes to the land of ghosts. The shilombish was supposed to remain upon the earth, and wander restlessly about its former home, often moaning, to frighten its surviving friends, as to make them forsake the spot, and seek another place to live. It was also supposed to assume the form of a fox, or owl; and by barking like the one, and screeching like the other at night, cause great consternation, for the cry was considered ominous of bad things. The Choctaws could tell between the shilombish and animals it imitates. When a fox barks, or an owl screeches, another fox or owl replies. But when the shilombish imitates the sound of either animal, no response is given.

This would lead me to believe that these beings have been around for a very, very long time.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Whenever i hear about "Shadow People" the first thing that pops into my mind are the old myths about Shades

Those familiar with mythology have likely heard about the "underworld" from various cultures, which i think nicely connects both of the current popular theories about Shadow People.

If the Underworld existed as many of the oldest stories claim, then it would be in many ways akin to an alternate dimension where the souls of the dead reside.

It is a more common myth then you might think, for example.
Native American Myth

The Choctaws have stories about shadow beings. Nalusa Falaya, also known as a Impa Shilup, was the soul-eater, great black being, or devil.[3] If people allow evil thoughts or depression to enter their minds, it would creep inside them and eat their soul.
Nalusa Falaya (long black being) resembled a man, but with very small eyes and long, pointed ears. He sometimes frightened hunters or transferred his power of doing harm. Some believed that Nalusa Falaya preferred to approach men by sliding on his stomach like a snake.
Hashok Okwa Hui'ga (Grass Water Drop) was believed to have a connection to what is termed will-o-the-wisp. Only its heart is visible, and that only at night. Hashok Okwa Hui'ga leads astray anyone who looks at it.
It was also believed that every man had a shilombish (the outside shadow) which always followed him, and shilup (the inside shadow, or ghost) which after death goes to the land of ghosts. The shilombish was supposed to remain upon the earth, and wander restlessly about its former home, often moaning, to frighten its surviving friends, as to make them forsake the spot, and seek another place to live. It was also supposed to assume the form of a fox, or owl; and by barking like the one, and screeching like the other at night, cause great consternation, for the cry was considered ominous of bad things. The Choctaws could tell between the shilombish and animals it imitates. When a fox barks, or an owl screeches, another fox or owl replies. But when the shilombish imitates the sound of either animal, no response is given.

This would lead me to believe that these beings have been around for a very, very long time.

Thank you for that information very interesting that it mentions will-o-the-wisp because my dad told me that when he was a teen him and his friends went camping in the woods and saw a little bright orb.My dad said he thought it was will-o-the-wisp

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Your welcome, i am a big fan of mythology.

Anyway, your mention of sleep paralysis actually brought up another subject of myth in my mind...namely the dreaded succubus

In the field of medicine, there is some belief that the stories relating to encounters with succubi bear similar resemblance to the contemporary phenomenon of people reporting alien abductions,[13] which has been ascribed to the condition known as sleep paralysis. It is therefore suggested that historical accounts of people experiencing encounters with succubi may rather have been symptoms of sleep paralysis, with the hallucination of the said creatures coming from their contemporary culture.[14][15]

Oh, and fun "fact" for all those who like that sorta thing...

Not all succubi were malevolent. According to Walter Mapes in De Nugis Curialium (Trifles of Courtiers), Pope Sylvester II (946–1003) - was involved with a succubus named Meridiana, who helped him achieve his high rank in the Catholic Church. Before his death, he confessed of his sins and died repentant.[9]

So maybe you were getting some demon booty and just don't remember it.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

LOL maybe thanks for the information

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I once had a dream where i was sleeping in my room and i woke up looking at a shadow person standing in my bedroom doorway. Then i start to flail my arms around knowing that shadow people normally dissapear when you know they are there. knowing this, i was surprised to see that the shadow person didn't dissapear, but instead started walking calmly toward me. i was flailing my arms like crazy but he didn't stop. as soon as he reaches me he calmly wrapped his hand around my neck. his grip was as tight as you can imagine! then he started choking me calmly but firmly. the worst part about it was when he started choking me i could feel all his hatred flowing into me, like someone had just killed my family and i got really pissed. thats what his hatred felt like, maybe worse. that's my story hope you guys liked it

Edit: i read the previous comments and you guys were talking about sleep paralysis. i've never actually had it in real life, but i guess i had it in my dream.
edit on 20-8-2013 by xXthealienghostXx because: keeping up with the comments

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXthealienghostXx

I once had a dream where i was sleeping in my room and i woke up looking at a shadow person standing in my bedroom doorway. Then i start to flail my arms around knowing that shadow people normally dissapear when you know they are there. knowing this, i was surprised to see that the shadow person didn't dissapear, but instead started walking calmly toward me. i was flailing my arms like crazy but he didn't stop. as soon as he reaches me he calmly wrapped his hand around my neck. his grip was as tight as you can imagine! then he started choking me calmly but firmly. the worst part about it was when he started choking me i could feel all his hatred flowing into me, like someone had just killed my family and i got really pissed. thats what his hatred felt like, maybe worse. that's my story hope you guys liked it

Maybe it wasn't a shadow person but maybe a demon if it didn't dissapear. You should get you're house blessed by a priest if it tried to choke you.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILLERCODE
reply to post by grubblesnert

maybe but it seemed so real and even though i couldn't see facial features it looked angry

I find that statement so interesting. Did you feel like it communicated anger to you telepathically? My experience with a shadow person involved it communicating surprise to me but the being had no facial features or way of expressing anything since it as literally a two dimensional shadow.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by KILLERCODE

Originally posted by dlbott

The Bot

Thank for the info but i didn't think scientist talked about this subject

I lost computer and everything on it but I will try and find some of it again for your info.

Here is some other info

paranormal.about.com...

More

en.m.wikipedia.org...

More

sites.google.com...

Hope this procurement offer more info sparks more great discussion.

The Bot

top topics

<<   2 >>

join