It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unsealed Alien Files - Top 10 Alien Encounters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It’s been a bit dull in the Alien & UFO forum recently with a lot of old threads being resurrected in lieu of anything new out there to capture the imagination.

I caught this programme “Unsealed Alien Files” on Youtube.

History’s H2 channel (UK & Ireland) are also showing this tonight (if the schedule is correct. They tend to be a mashup of a number of episodes shown across the pond). It’s already been broadcast in North America I am not certain further afield. It’s of mediocre quality compared to some other UFO programming out there. Although it is far from sceptical.

It puts out the Top 10 Alien Encounters of all time.

So perhaps it’s a good time to discuss the list that was shown in the programme?

Here is the rundown with a brief description of the case highlighted and a link to Wiki for more details.

10. Bermuda Triangle

The program only covers the disappearance of Flight 19. Five US navy bombers that disappeared over the so-called 'Bermuda Triangle' on December 5, 1945 during a US training flight. All pilots and crew members were lost. Navy investigators could not determine the cause for the loss of Flight 19 but said the pilots may have become disoriented, eventually running out of fuel and ditched in the sea.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

9. The Battle of Los Angeles

The infamous incident from Los Angeles County just a few months after America had entered World War II. A giant UFO is alleged to have hovered over the area under a barrage of anti-aircraft fire late in the evening of 24th Feb 1942 into the early hours of the next day.

en.wikipedia.org...

8. Solway Firth Spaceman

The photo taken by Jim Templeton in Solway Firth in Cumbria UK in May 1964 of his infant daughter. The strange spaceman in the background was not noticed at the time but only when the photo was developed. The claim is that it has never been debunked. Although a good down to earth theory can be found here on ATS.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

7. Roswell

Surprisingly low down the list if it’s considered to be a genuine “alien” incident by the programme researchers. Unfortunately Bill Birnes promotes the Guy Hottel FBI memo as genuine evidence that a craft and alien bodies were found. If you’ve ever glanced at this forum down the years you will know that this is a weak piece of evidence they could have come up with to justify Roswell as a bonafide alien contact.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

6. Russian Artifact

AKA the Height 611 UFO incident. An alleged UFO crash in Dalnegorsk in the Soviet Union. This famous incident took place in 1986, on January 29th when a silent low flying red sphere was sighted above the mountains and then appeared to descend rapidly into the hills. Trace evidence was found at the crash site.

en.wikipedia.org...

5. White Sands

This is also known as the Lonnie Zamora UFO incident after the police officer who sighted a strange whitish “O” shaped craft and two occupants landed just outside of Socorro New Mexico. Another case with a lot of physical evidence to support the sighting.

en.wikipedia.org...

4. Phoenix Lights

A more recent case than most with large numbers of eye witnesses who saw a huge triangular craft over fly the Phoenix area in Arizona starting around 7:00pm on March 13th 1997. Later in the evening banks of bright lights were seen stationary over south western Arizona. The Air Force claimed it was their A10 aircraft releasing flares.

en.wikipedia.org...

3. Travis Walton Abduction

On November 5, 1975, while returning home to Snowflake with a logging crew in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest. They see a bright disc in the forest. Travis Walton gets out of the truck to get a closer look and then ends up beamed aboard a spaceship. His disappearance is investigated by police and then he turns up 5 days later. Great story that includes both humanoid and grey aliens. Is it true though?

en.wikipedia.org...

2. Alien Code (Rendlesham/Bentwaters)

Certainly one of the most famous UFO cases and there is plenty of evidence to consider. Alas once again the researchers went to the weakest evidence but perhaps easiest to get an interview about. They chose to show SSgt. James Penniston’s notebook containing binary codes from Dec 1980. The codes were “transmitted” to Jim Penniston after touching a UFO in Rendlesham forest near to the RAF base at Bentwaters.

en.wikipedia.org...

1.Real Men in Black video

What? Two men caught on CCTV looking like the Blues brothers walk into a hotel in Canada. Reports from staff are they were really tall, dressed identically, had pale skin, had no eyebrows or lashes and appeared to be wearing a wig under their hats. They also “freaked” people out.

Yep this is the best alien encounter they could come up with.

en.wikipedia.org...

Discussed much here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here’s the Youtube video (about 20 mins long) if you want to see it for yourself.

So do you agree or disagree?

Certainly some cases are worthy of inclusion on that list. But I have my doubts that the Solway Space man and the MIB video should be there. I’d probably leave out Flight 19 as well.

There are a number of other interesting cases that have not been added to the list.

The Hills Abduction is certainly one. The Aurora, Texas crash of 1897 would be another. Kecksburg and Shag Harbor, plus the Kelly, Hopkinsville incident also come to mind. I’d possibly include the Capt. William Schaffner (no not Shatner!) crash case from 1970 too.

What do the rest of you think?

edit on 20/8/13 by mirageman because: tidy up

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I remember watching the men in black episode and all i can say is FREAKY

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Find a friend my height, check.

Shave our eyebrows, check.

Get identical matching black suits from Burlington Coat Factory on the cheap, check.

Walk into a hotel and scare the crap out of people, get put on the internet and wind up on a UFO documentary, check and check.

Not that hard to fake that one guys.
edit on 20-8-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Get identical matching black suits from Burlington Coat Factory on the cheap, check.

Walk into a hotel and scare the crap out of people, get put on the internet and wind up on a UFO documentary, check and check.

How very Kenny Loggins of you!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

So do you agree or disagree?

Disagree , whoever compiled that list missed two of the the most interesting cases in my opinion .

1... 1976 Tehran UFO incident
2...The Great Michigan UFO Chase of 1966

And to have the Real Men in Black video at No 1 ...Wow

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The Bermuda triangle one is almost certainly more an urban legend that was hyped up by Berlitz and the battle for/over LA...... I honestly think that is another one that has no real basis at all, certainly nothing based on actual contemporary accounts/

The Solway Firth spaceman is surely a joke? I thought umpteen times even on ATS that one had been put to bed.

For Rendelsham I guess the next sequel will be that the guy not only received the code but has been living with one of the ET's ever since but only now thinks it's worth sharing that story (as maybe the lecture tour is dying down a little).

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yes the Tehran and Michigan cases are good cases for consideration.

Just thought of the Cash-Landrum incident 1980 as well.
edit on 20/8/13 by mirageman because: Spellings

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by uncommitted

One day I expect to find that Jim Penniston will eventually get his USAF medical records, which he claims have been refused. They will finally reveal to us in that he is in fact an android built by the designers of the craft he touched and the binary code was an upgrade to advance his humanity so he could explore the planet. But the code was buggy and he's still not installed version 2

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

10. Bermuda Triangle

I watched a great documentary on the planes and they came to the conclusion it was just pilot error. Certainly nothing to indicate aliens.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

How very Kenny Loggins of you!

Are you saying he's in the daaaanger zone?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Once while on break at work it had just gotten dark out and I went out for a cigarette, standing facing a parking lot I saw a yellow/orange ball about a foot in diameter. It was just there all of a sudden in the sky it came close to the other side of the parking lot almost to the ground about 8-10 feet from me no sound or heat that I recall, then it shot up like a bat outta hell in 1 second it was out of my view. I went inside and pretended not to have seen that. Only told a close friend months later, well now I have told my weird ufo (don't know what else to call it?) story on ats.

PS. That MIB video, I remember that thread a strange one for sure.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
They missed one of the best ones! That would be the Parker-Hickson Abduction, my personal favorite. So simple and great with nothing to back it up. And NO GREY ALIENS. Okay, they were grey, but they weren't the typical Steven Spielberg types, but huge floating mummies with lobster claw hands!

Oh, you can't be that. I'd dump "Roswell" and put that one in any day.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Flight 19, best explanation I've heard is that, they might well be lost in the swamps of Southern Georgia having become disorientated. Be that as it may, it's undeniable that, instruments go doolally whilst in that area of the world and people do simply vanish, with no trace, in an area that's nowhere near as deadly as the North Sea.

Solway Firth "Spaceman"; The only thing that has changed on this one is that the "prosaic" explanations before evermore stupid than the idea its a spaceman as he years roll by. Only on ATS could someone post a photo saying.."There's an incline behind the girl" and then one paragraph on, post another photo that shows the land, if anything, actually drops slightly and expect to be taken seriously. The image 100% is genuine, in the sense that, it had not been double exposed or tampered with in the dark room, that much Kodak themselves said. Just because it looks like a "spaceman" doesn't mean it is, I am currently, trying to track down and genuinely verify the footage shown on Alien Mysteries claiming to be from the Woomera aborted launch. If that is genuine and I remain to be convinced it is, it shows David Clarke up for telling porkies. The maths are simple and undeniable, whatever the object is in the photo, it is either floating or, if it's person, they are freakishly tall.

Lonnie Zamora; You simply cannot talk about his sighting without referencing the Valensole sighting in 1965. They are so similar, it really does raise some rather intriguing questions.

My personal favourite is the World war 1 sighting where the guy describes "what looked like a lit flying railway carriage" over southern England whilst on night patrol". Due to the Germans keeping meticulous records, we know for 100^ that, it could not have been a zeppelin and it most certainly wasn't an allied ship. Probably the one sighting where, you could count the number of man made craft in the air that night, world wide, on your hands and feet. It's also, the first air to air incident where the human pilot opened fire on the target. There's alink here to the thread I authored on it. WW1 sighting
edit on 20-8-2013 by FireMoon because: spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Not very good cases. My thoughts on them:
10. The disorientation explanation seems very reasonable
9. As explained in detail in the BOLA thread and noted by eyewitnesses who launched the weather balloon, a weather balloon started the shooting.
8. Illusion
7. Large balloon and radar targets
6. No idea
5. Possibly a college student prank. One author even identified the group of students who might have done it.
4. Flares were proven for the later event. The only video I've seen for the earlier event is too poor to tell, but it doesn't rule out planes.
3. Hoax
2. Lighthouse, bolides, artifacts from night vision equipment, and subsequent to the event, changing stories and fabrication of Penniston's little notebook, among other things.
1. Video removed by user. I never saw it.

I agree 1 and 8 don't seem like UFO cases.

I don't understand what happened in the 1973 Coyne incident

or the 1976 Iran UFO incident.

Or the January, 2000, southern Illinois police chase case

and some others that would be better in a list of top ten. Here is a good thread about the "best" cases:

Best UFO cases - Experts' short lists

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm ruling out the bermuda triangle due to this.
altho USO's are still a possibility.

news.discovery.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Excellent for making this thread, I will look into it when I have more time. Only, why is MiB video #1? Isn't that certain to be hoax? (or civilians who wanted to act like ones)

About the Rendlesham Forest code: This was never mentioned during the Citizens Hearing on Disclosure and there Jim Penniston and the other one with him did talk a lot about the case, to me this part of the story is far-fetched.

Phoenix lights seems to have been a military cover-up. if people did see an aircraft, I would say this was military.

Why is the Bermuda triangle even considered a UFO case? Disappearance could be energy anomaly or anything natural.

The Battle of LA - okay could be but in a battlefield (I remember one woman aws showing some shrapnel from the time), could be anything.

The spaceman looks to me like a hoax, this was way too hard to believe, some spaceman on the photo in the middle of a field? Please.

Aware of the Travis Walton abduction but like every abduction it's hard to believe

White Sands, I don't remember it

I would put the Kecksberg, PA and Cash&Landrum Case as more reliable.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Hey I haven't read through the thread yet, but the OP seemed appropriate to respond with 1st impressions after reading it.

1st off I think the list is very arbitrary, but still it's interesting, with a few cases I was unfamiliar with.

I might as well comment on the list piece-by-piece:

10. Bermuda triangle: Always interesting. IMO there is more to the Bermuda Triangle than anyone realizes yet.

Conventional explanations tend to dominate the discussion sometimes (for example, whirlpools, or hurricanes, storms, etc.). Sure these are good to consider, but there are tons of bizarre stories / accounts of the Bermuda Triangle, which are much more mysterious than some storms etc.

IMO there is some kind of portal in the area that we have no clue about, but which occasionally planes and ships happen to pass into...

9. Battle over LA: Now THIS case has always FASCINATED me.

I only 1st saw / read about this case, a few yrs ago, and it's almost too dramatic to believe it really happened.

A freaking war on an alien ship, with no damage to it, and with photos and spotlights!

Now this is a piece of real history that kids will never be taught about in school LOL!

It's amazing how such a dramatic real event, tends to be almost-never mentioned... (besides UFO lists and programs specifically ON the topic, of course lol. My point is that it's not a part of our country's normally-recognized history at all, despite it being apparently a very real event!)

8. Solway Firth Spaceman: Never heard of this case before. Hard not to assume this is a silly hoax photo lol. BUT I'm open-minded about what it really is...... I just TEND to think this one sounds fake...

7. Roswell: Well it's possibly the most famous case of a UFO crashing, being recovered with alien bodies, and then decades of cover-up and stories that KEEP CHANGING over the decades lol. What else can I possibly say about this most famous case of UFO & alien recovery!

Well I think Roswell should be #1 just on fame alone lol.

6. Russian artifact: Never heard of it before & I'd like to learn more about what was recovered. The article's analysis of unusual soil, plants etc. is interesting. I think the actual wreckage was just taken away and kept secret. Just imagine what REAL ARTIFACTS they might have recovered.

5. White Sands: VERY interesting story and IMO the guy sounds honest, but with his memories blocked / scrambled by the aliens. Of course, this is just my opinion and it only makes sense if you believe in aliens doing such things, which I do believe in. Hence that is my personal interpretation of this story.

It's also possible that the guy is DELIBERATELY leaving out some of the more bizarre details... Maybe.

Either way I find it remarkable what an UNREMARKABLE story he puts forward.

THIS QUOTE is what strikes me as a scrambled & blocked memory:

It was then that he noticed a shiny object, "to south about 150 to 200 yards", that at first he took to be an "overturned white car ... up on radiator or on trunk", with two people standing close to it, one of whom seemed to notice him with some surprise and gave a start. The shiny object was "like aluminum — it was whitish against the mesa background, but not chrome", and shaped like a letter "O". Having stopped for a couple of seconds, Zamora approached in his car meaning to help.
Zamora only caught a brief sight of the two people in white coveralls beside the "car". He recalls nothing special about them. "I don't recall noting any particular shape or possibly any hats, or headgear. These persons appeared normal in shape — but possibly they were small adults or large kids."

^OK give me a break lol because his story doesn't really add up. SOMETHING is wrong with that story, whatever your interpretation of WHAT is wrong with it.

Think of what a silly response the guy the whole while. After CHASING A FIREBALL that seemed to be landing on a dynamite shed, he finds NORMAL PEOPLE standing by a crazy UFO ship. AND HE THINKS IT'S A CAR. This makes no sense as far as I can tell. Why would an O-shaped vehicle be mistaken for a car? Doesn't add up.

4. Phoenix Lights: Another very famous case and a good contender for #1 of this very arbitrary list lol.

Anyways, the best footage / pictures of the Lights seem to be harder to find, IN GENERAL.

IMO it's a clear announcement of their presence, to a giant city of humans lol.

3. Halton case: This case always struck me as a screwed-up memory as well (I mean deliberately scrambled by the aliens). I also don't always believe psychotherapy, as I think some of the imagery is false and constructed by the mind, during the therapy...
edit on 24-8-2013 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I was running out of room with the 1st post.

2. Rendlesham Alien code: FASCINATING. I need to research this code more. There are a few different interpretations of what the code means...

1. Men in Black: OK this shows the whole list is silly LOL!

A story of guys wearing black is the best case ever???

Anyways, sure it's weird but no way is this the best case in any way whatsoever LOL!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
My personal favourite is the World war 1 sighting where the guy describes "what looked like a lit flying railway carriage" over southern England whilst on night patrol".
edit on 20-8-2013 by FireMoon because: spelling

That was seen across the USA in the 1890's.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Hi there.

Great thread to give the UFO forum a bump.

S&F.

The men in black footage is funny in my op. I remmember the ufo hunter episode where they watched it.

If my memory is correct, there was also a picture of a supposed man in black from the 50's/60's in that episode.

eee.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join