It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best way to terrorize the US?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
While I would guess that I spend way too much time thinking, I do have a question about the upcoming terrorist attck(s) within the borders of the US. Unfortunately I do believe that something is going to happen.

My question is this. What would be the most effective way to terrorize the US from within her borders. There is alot of talk about "Dirty Bombs", Nukes, crop dusters, etc.... We hear to keep alert, and to report suspicous activities. Are we looking for the wrong things, and not looking at the blatantly obvious, undersecured potential targets? These terrorists, are very saavy when it comes to their analysis, planning, and spending.

Is it possible to poison a resevoir? I live near 2 of them, and I could practically set up a houseboat and live on the water for awhile it is so open to attack. I ask this question to help keep up our awareness in ways that perhaps we've not thought of as of yet. Whether we like it or not, the first line of defense is us, the regular citizens.

This is a question that I had asked a while ago, as we have several here in Portland by my house. A plumber friend of mine said that it would be easier to poison the water supply from inside your own home. All you would need to do is force a substance back through the main and the rest is all in the pressure. The substance could be carried to a substantail amount of people with no trace of origin.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Getting back to the question of this thread..........after reading and studying much about the mind set of terrorism I'd like to add my 2cents in here.........

The goal of a terrorist and/or their organizations are to manufacture as massive as a terrorist reaction by a general populous as possible with the limited assests they have at their disposal.

Many of the comments here are with regards to those measures and tactics used often by terrorist in the middle east.

But imagine this..........

First, how many agents of terror or sleeper agents to you think are in the US at this moment.

What if there are say 5,000? maybe more maybe less..

But what if each of them were to approach random grade schools all across the US all timed at the exact moment to just grab a kid off the street walking home from school and kidnap them.

And this would be at grade schools from all demographic make ups and popluation sizes.

Then at hidden locations they would all be threatened to be beheaded if we didn't give in to their demands.....and start this video taping of them.

What would be the reation of this whole country and every parent in the US???

It would paraylize people from wanting to let their kids do anything..........The sheer brutality and horror would be beyond comprehension........................No parent would ever feel their child is safe anymore..................

It would not be hard to do......................its low tech by any means...........and how tough would it be for a guy to jump out of a car and swipe up a little kid.....................

The thought of this tactic makes me sick just thinking that it could be done in this country.

That is terrorism at its highest leverage point with the least of resources........

I hope the US government has thought of this approach as much as the more conventional take over the school and blow things up tragedy that ocurred in Russia recently.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Fifty-one percent of us managed to terrorize the other forty-nine percent by re-electing George W. Bush. Frequent bombings in random public places such as malls, airports, schools, rush hour traffic and even flea markets would rattle the nerves of most.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
But is there a way that we as a unified American force. A force of one, like we were immediately after 9/11 could possibly thwart these planned attacks?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
But is there a way that we as a unified American force. A force of one, like we were immediately after 9/11 could possibly thwart these planned attacks?

We would have to become deathly serious about everyone being open and honest about his behavior. We would have to alter some our civil rights, a la the Patriot Act, with provisions that such changes would be temporary.

Every American would have to look out for every other American and we would have to live squeaky clean lives, for the sake of security, because if you oppose the right of authorities to search for explosives because you don't want to be caught with dope, that makes you no better than a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I read somewhere about a year ago or so that if someone were to put a botulism culture n 1 truck of milk, that there would not be eough body bags in Wisconsin to take care of the toll. Is this true? My god that is so scary.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Correction billbob, only 49% of the country are afraid.... 51% DO fall into the AMerica the Brave category.

i'd flip that upside down. it is fear that causes sentiments of revenge and retaliation. the truly brave do not alter their routines because of the actions of a few psychos with bad intentions. it is fear that causes military build-up. fear that causes people to accept loss of freedom. it is fear that motivates people to condone the leaders to commit atrocities on innocents, . it is fear that rules the blind. 'treehugging liberals' are NOT afraid to let PRINCIPAL rule over FEAR. i would say people who are for the war are motivated by fear.
people who are awake to the larger patterns fear bankers/industrialists/secrecy more than they fear goat herders with an attitude.
my 'fear' has me in full 'insurgent rebel' mode. that means i don't buy big box. it means, i try and 'vote' by only buying products that WON'T line the pockets of multi-billionaire, elitist new world orderers.
are you a true patriot? stop shopping at walmart, stop eating at mcdonalds, go to the local lumberyard, don't buy cocacola, don't buy nike, don't buy ANY wearable product with a logo on it, don't buy anything at all unless you really need it. turn off the #ing television.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Fifty-one percent of us managed to terrorize the other forty-nine percent by re-electing George W. Bush.

this is the most accurate thing i've seen come from your fingers, grady. kudos. (except, the numbers may ACTUALLY be quite different. i'm sure we'll never know.)

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Terrorism. Well the first thing to do is define what that word means in today�s society in connection with its history. And then when you have decided that think about who are the terrorists and who are the freedom fighters, who are the insurgents and who are the protectors.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller
Terrorism. Well the first thing to do is define what that word means in today�s society in connection with its history. And then when you have decided that think about who are the terrorists and who are the freedom fighters, who are the insurgents and who are the protectors.

doublethink newspeak spell. (doublethink, as in, institutionalised cognitive dissonance, ....newspeak, as in, bringing in a new popular usage of a word, or phrase, ...spell, as in, words shape thought, thereby casting a 'spell' on the mass mind).

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
i think the worst thing that could happen to this country would be to set off a blackout bomb. this is a nuke set off in the air over thie middle of the country. the emp would hit coast to coast, wiping out all electronic devices everywhere. everything would be shut down, and the country would be crippled.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Best way to terrorize America-simple...blow up all the Mc Donalds. Mass starvation within a week.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Terrorism is about making people afraid - it's already happened.

...Next questions: "Who, exactly, is doing it?" and "How?"

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Terrorism is about making people afraid - it's already happened.

Succinct and wrapped up in one. And a good secondary question too. Let's examine.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

That is an excellent question. I only wish I could answer that. I hear so much that we should NUKE everyone in the middle east. Sounds simple, but there are an awful lot of innocent people there who would be killed senselessly, because of a couple hundred "animals". Unfortunately I don't see how we can possibly win the war on terror. These cowards hide like vermin. In caves, mosques, towns where their fellow brethren live and survive. How on earth do you possibly take out the scumbags without hurting the citizen(s) standing next to them?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Best way to terrorize America...easy, use terrorism

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oh shoot, I stopped listening to "terror threat levels" a long time ago. How many other countries do you know that have such a thing?

I don't care if we're at purple with pink polka dots. I'm not afraid. I just keep on living my life, take care of my family, go to church, go do whatever. Your number's up when it's up and there's no use worrying about it. No one's guaranteed a tomorrow...I believe in plan for tomorrow but live for today.

Wake me up when we're down to green, okay?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst

I don't care if we're at purple with pink polka dots. I'm not afraid. I just keep on living my life, take care of my family, go to church, go do whatever. Your number's up when it's up and there's no use worrying about it. No one's guaranteed a tomorrow...I believe in plan for tomorrow but live for today.

Not only funny but the ONLY way to beat terrorism. You are terrorists worst nightmare, someone who cannot be shook by their threats because daily life is far more important.In the UK i don't know anybody who cares about terrorist threats. We had them for years with the IRA, the Luftwaffe bombing our cities etc. Get on with your life, if they target you you will know two seconds before you die, and no government will change that my man.

Wake me up when we're down to green, okay?

Only one point, if you don't care about it, even if it is blue and yellow striped alert this week, why do you need to know when it is back to green?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
If the NWO does destroy the US and then tries to take over the world, what will be left to take over? The world will be bankrupt, the people here will be out killing and looting the same rich idiots who started the mess. I mean if it comes down between having to take out a rich idiot to feed my kids, the rich guy goes and quick. I would hate to be one of the elite when the poor revolt and are starving.

Well, I will say that my family is rich but not elite. We are, how should I put it, affluent. How did we get there? Oh, my father immigrated to this country with no knowledge of english, so he couldn't get a job. He lived in a run down apartment with my mother and no air conditioning in the Southern California heat. He finally got a bus boy job, an saved up enough money after 3 years to start a business. After starting the business, he was paid less than his own employees for 2 full years. The business started to turn a profit the 3rd year. 3 full years of personal loans, credit card debts, and ideas on how he would put food on the table for the coming week. When I say turn a profit in it's third year, I said profit, not big profit so it was still a struggle to survive. After the 5th year in business he could afford a down payment on a condo. 17th consecutive years in business and now he can afford anything he wants practically.

Does he deserve all this? Yes. He busted butt of and found ways to survive (Eat instant noodles for 7 months straight, no exaggeration) before the business started to thrive. Nobody helped him. Nobody gave him a buck. You sure as hell didn't. It's called entrepreneurship, capitalism, the american dream, whatever you want to call it. If you don't like it, move to China, or an island and start a "equal" utopian society. My family worked hard for every penny and he deserves every penny that he makes. Oh by the way, he employess many people too, thus giving people the means to feed their families. Pretty nice huh?

So thus calling rich people idiots, makes you look like an idiot in return. You have the means to get rich. If it is against your morals to do so then don't do it, but don't place your moral values on everyone else.

The worst form of terror is people like this stating that the poor people will revolt against the rich or somthing absurd. That means a homeless person should rob you of your McDonalds, because you are richer than him, in which case I say, go for it. Rich is a relative term. Maybe all the rich people with a bad family life should rob you of your family because you are "rich" in the sense that you have a loving caring family, while the monetarily rich guy doesn't have that.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Best way to terrorize the US?

hmmm. I think I'll pass on that one....wouldn't want to give them any ideas.

But, well, let's just say, I think they are stupid!!! All they seem to have going for them is the number of them, so, by all means, keep wasting them by convincing them to blow themselves up!!! I could do more damage working a minimum wage job at the local food processing plant and well, live to tell the tale, albeit probably in a nice prison cell.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join