It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Stephenville, Texas, UFO Radar Data Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Applying a program that duplicates conversions used by air accident investigators, Rob Jeffs has bundled the 2.8 million radar returns MUFON acquired from five FAA and National Weather Service sites, and recreated moving images of the air traffic over central Texas from 4-8 p.m. on Jan. 8, 2008. I always wanted to see it taken a step further - to show more information about what I was looking at with the radar. So, I used Rob Jeffs' RadarPlot application to create radar video of that evening.

www.ufocasebook.com...

top three sightings of all time (imo) -nice to have new data
interesting sorry if this has been posted.
edit on 20-8-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
If GW Bush is one of "Them"..I dont think we have much to worry about.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Awesome find!! There were SOOOOO many more witnesses to this, including some in my family, who haven't spoken publicly. I'm VERY happy to see radar data presented in this fashion. Excellent post and thank you!!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
From what I've read, these were supposedly confirmed to be something like 8 F-16 fighters conducting training operations and dropping ultra-bright flares.

The radar returns are interesting but erraddic so I'm not sure if there could be some flaws in the processing of that data or if they are just legit anomalies? .. I'm not that impressed by the radar data

On January 18 McGaha contacted the 301st Fighter Wing Public Affairs Office and asked if they made a mistake in saying their aircraft had not been in the MOA that night. They called him back and informed him of their error. On January 23, they issued a press release publicly acknowledging the error, stating that F-16s had indeed been flying in the MOA that evening.

What were the aircraft doing? McGaha says they were flying training maneuvers that involved dropping extraordinarily bright flares. The LUU/2B/B flare is nothing like the standard flares you might think of. These flares have an illumination of about two million candlepower. They are intended to light up a vast area of the ground for nighttime aerial attack. Once released, they are suspended by parachutes (which often hover and even rise due to the heat of the flares) and light up a circle on the ground greater than one kilometer for four minutes. The flare casing and parachute are eventually consumed by the heat. At a distance of 150 miles, a single flare can still be as bright as the planet Venus.

McGaha also describes the testimony of a medical helicopter pilot, a retired U.S. Army pilot, flying that night, who saw the lights. He said: “I saw multiple military aircraft, with some dropping flares, in the area of the Brownwood 1 MOA.”

There were lights in the sky, McGaha concludes. “There were F-16s flying in the Brownwood MOAs, and they did drop flares. The F-16s did not react to any unknown targets, and radar did not detect any unknown targets.”

“The untrained witnesses/observers were seeing nothing more than F-16s and flares. Stephenville is nothing more than connecting ‘lights in the sky’ to form a very large mysterious object, an object that many that night thought was from another world. But nothing otherworldly happened around Stephenville on January 8, 2008,” says McGaha.

source: www.csicop.org...

No I can't defend the legitimacy of the source, but it seems more rational than a lot of things I've heard.. and the only photos I've seen don't really impress either.. still an interesting case despite that

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure that the military confirmed anything at the time, that's why the civvy tapes were obtained. They confirmed that there were jets present, and that they were on the same headings and behind an unknown return, that certainly was not drifting flares or chaff. That's what makes the Stephenville object so unique, is was confirmed by everybody except the military and they were catched!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
well regardless of the fact that ats is disinterested it would seem
-there were numerous high-level witnesses to this event.
whats important is that the radar corroborates the witness testimony.
anyways move on, I'm sure there are lots of mars rocks threads that are more important than this.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
well regardless of the fact that ats is disinterested it would seem
-there were numerous high-level witnesses to this event.
whats important is that the radar corroborates the witness testimony.
anyways move on, I'm sure there are lots of mars rocks threads that are more important than this.

This is the thing, it does seem to corrborate. Elsewhere, much was made of the radar returns being unable to tell a big 'blob' from several or more aircraft in formation, that the lights seen were the jets VE strobes in a chain. The fact is the FAA radar was obtained and pretty much confirms with the witnesses on the ground, and that the military obfuscated information that was of a 'mundane' order is without doubt. Whatever was going on, is still up for grabs.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I'm sure this has been posted before because I have definitely seen this footage before and yes, it is a fascinating case indeed. I hadn't however seen the illustration of the particular object at the end of the video, it instantly reminded me of this incdient. Not sure of the scale of the object but the similarities are startling.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would maybe even go as far as to say, these craft are definitely of the same design

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

looks familiar especially the creepy out rigging, but the cyclists said that the craft that they witnessed was about the same size as a car? The Steph. object was reported to be 500 feet across. Maybe it's little brother

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

looks familiar especially the creepy out rigging, but the cyclists said that the craft that they witnessed was about the same size as a car? The Steph. object was reported to be 500 feet across. Maybe it's little brother

www.ufo-blogger.com...

Better idea from this interview, the size difference is strange but it definitely looks the same design

edit on 20-8-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

top topics

join