It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Fired Majority Of Intelligence Advisory Board Months Prior To leaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Remember how Obama claimed that prior to the Snowden leaks that he was on the ball already in investigating the NSA? Up until aproximately May, Obama fired 8 out of 14 of the President’s Intelligence Advisory Board members, and two left on their own. But, Obama never replaced them.

I am not certain what this all means, but there were only 4 out of a possible 16 members left. Now they would be the obvious choice to review the NSA activities. So what would be the reason for mostly disbanding an intelligence advisory board?

The President’s Intelligence Advisory Board stood 14 members strong through 2012, but the White House website was recently updated to show the panel’s roster shrinking to just four people.

In the past four years, the high-powered group has waded into the implications of WikiLeaks for intelligence sharing, and urged retooling of America’s spy agencies as the United States withdraws from big wars abroad.

“I’m sort of surprised because I follow this very closely. … Four people down from 14 — I can see why this is raising your eyebrows,” said Michael Desch, head of Notre Dame’s political science department and co-author of “Privileged and Confidential: The Secret History of the President’s Intelligence Advisory Board.”

“If this is as it appears, this is pretty remarkable,” Desch said. “The PIAB doesn’t look fully staffed. … This does look strange.”

Obama upends intel panel

The Secret History of the President’s Intelligence Advisory Board.

Book description :

Above the politics and ideological battles of Washington, D.C., is a committee that meets behind locked doors and leaves its paper trail in classified files. The President's Intelligence Advisory Board (PIAB) is one of the most secretive and potentially influential segments of the U.S. intelligence community. Established in 1956, the PIAB advises the president about intelligence collection, analysis, and estimates, and about the legality of foreign intelligence activities.

Excerpt Grata Of Amazon Books - Click here to read more

edit on 19-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Remember how Obama claimed that prior to the Snowden leaks that he was on the ball already in investigating the NSA? Up until aproximately May, Obama fired 8 out of 14 of the President’s Intelligence Advisory Board members, and two left on their own. But, Obama never replaced them.

I am not certain what this all means, but there were only 4 out of a possible 16 members left. What would be the reason for mostly disbanding an intelligence advisory board?

Much easier to complete a cover up, if the key players are no longer serving in active roles.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Desperately trying to weed out anyone with a brain - or a conscience - just like he gutted out the military commanders, right after Benghazi.

Less people to threaten and blackmail into silence.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

The most obvious thing that comes to mind is these folks were at odds with the great Khan's perspective on intelligence methodology or beliefs. It's pretty clear Obama's belief is do anything and damn the law and Constitution.

We've seen similar losses with numerous high ranking military officers as well but they can be replaced from below.

Just an idea.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by elouina

Desperately trying to weed out anyone with a brain - or a conscience - just like he gutted out the military commanders, right after Benghazi.

Less people to threaten and blackmail into silence.

Amazing how they got rid of Petraeus, with private emails.

You'd be amazed to see how effective the powers of coercion through the threats of revealing collected private information can be. This administration has used it well.. So well that most of the people involved will remain silent for life.

IMO
edit on 19-8-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yup sounds like the 'most transparent ' administration is covering their tracks.

All the sacrificial pawns 'disappeared' no worries people he won't be held accountable for it.

This guys corruption knows no bounds.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yup sounds like the 'most transparent ' administration is covering their tracks.

All the sacrificial pawns 'disappeared' no worries people he won't be held accountable for it.

This guys corruption knows no bounds.

Either this or he was no longer concerned about legalities. There are just way too many truths coming out about this Administration. My head is spinning!

edit on 20-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Its all good!

A. Hes a Constitutional scholar. He knows whats best for this Country. Hes trimming the fat we call waste.

Or....

B. Hes surrounded himself from day one with good for nothing Idiots who dont know how to run a Country, including himself.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Sorry, I updated the wrong thread. It is late and I am tired. And I have to clean the cat pans yet. Groan...But I believe in not wasting space so here goes...

edit on 20-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
So He reduces the Intel staff and then throws tantrums when there's a problem

Kinda like throwing the baby out with the bathwater and says it was kidnapping.

The whole Obama Administration is a sloppy schlock operation, period.

Who IS this guy anyway ?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Who IS this guy anyway ?

Ditto! My constant state of shock and disbelief never ceases to amaze me. I have never disliked a president like I do with Obama! I would have to say that I liked Nixon about 90% more, and I really didn't care for Nixon.

You know that intelligence advisory board has been around since 1956, and suddenly it wasn't needed anymore?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Does anyone else have any ideas or updated info concerning what this is about? I have a sad feeling that this will be ignored as a lot of things this administration does.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Someone else on another thread mentioned that they think there might be some kind of internal power struggle going on. Perhaps this was a "purge" of people the POTUS didn't trust?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Someone else on another thread mentioned that they think there might be some kind of internal power struggle going on. Perhaps this was a "purge" of people the POTUS didn't trust?

Well, cutting the number of members on the panel from 14 down to 4 makes it easier to keep track of them....
whether he trusts them or not.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina[/i

The President’s Intelligence Advisory Board stood 14 members strong through 2012, but the White House website was recently updated to show the panel’s roster shrinking to just four people.

In the past four years, the high-powered group has waded into the implications of WikiLeaks for intelligence sharing, and urged retooling of America’s spy agencies as the United States withdraws from big wars abroad.

This seems to suggest that Obama was not pleased with being "urged" to consider the implications of America's spy agencies, I guess it's his way or the highway.....checks and balances be dammed.....I'm guessing the 10 of 14 now gone are obliged to honor a gag order of some sort. I really think that gag orders should be illegal when it comes to any public employee unless it can be absolutely proven the information they share actually DOES jeopardize SECURITY......it should not be used to protect illegal activity.....

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

This sounds intriguing, can you tell me more or point me in the right direction?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well this comment may give us an inkling why, which is exactly what we suspected.

Intelligence Official Says He Was Fired For Not Lying To Congress; Says Rogers & Feinstein Don't Know What's Happening

He himself was asked to skew the data an intelligence agency submitted to Congress, in an effort to get a bigger piece of the intelligence budget. He refused and was promptly replaced in his job, presumably by someone who would do as told.

new topics

top topics

join