It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontario police investigating hateful letter telling family to ‘euthanize’ autistic child

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Googled it, found this

Link To Lesbian Hate Mail Article

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Both in Ontario...100 or so miles apart.
edit on 8/19/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Point taken and I'm not agreeing with the approach he took.

I know you weren't. I hope you didn't think I was implying you did.

I guess I just get a little surprised sometimes at the Insta-Judgement on situations with absolutely no background, context or info beyond single source reports.

You and me both, though I suppose there have been a number of occasions where my jimmies have been rustled.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I saw that too. Glad you mentioned it, I forgot to add it.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
All right, this is a crazy thought, but it popped into my mind. I've seen some articles on, and discussion on ATS, about "Post-Birth Abortion." If that gets accepted as an idea, is that what the letter writer is calling for?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So I guess the right thing to do when these children are born is to lock them away from the 'normal people' so their 'tranquility' isnt shattered, right?

Faith in humanity lost yet again

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
So I guess the right thing to do when these children are born is to lock them away from the 'normal people' so their 'tranquility' isnt shattered, right?

Faith in humanity lost yet again

Where are you getting that? Children like this deserve the same amount of respect and love as any other child. I don't think anyone here has said anything different. A few of us think this letter is rather suspect, but I haven't seen anyone say anything about locking these children up. There are times when it's appropriate to have people with special needs in a public setting, and times where it's not. Movie theaters no, public park yes (when being obnoxious).

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

That's not it at all. Control and discipline are not bad words though. It's the work side of being a parent vs. being a kid's best friend as so many seem to want to be ..if they aren't just taking days off, whether they 'can' or not.

Have you ever sat in a (formerly) quiet restaurant when a parent who doesn't control special needs kids brings them in? It can be quite a show. Downright ruin everyone else's evening and drive people right out, and that's something I've actually seen happen. The attitude seems to be 'If people don't like my kid screaming like a banshee or throwing food, they can just leave'. Well.. WOW.. No, how about when kids aren't able, for whatever reason, to behave to a basic level in public? They not be in public more than absolutely necessary ..or at least, places in context.

At times it's like watching kids at a Chuckie Cheese, except it's a sit down, decent restaurant. That's some of what comes to mind on how this is described for the parent here?

@Charles

I'll be honest on that by saying if the letter writer wasn't simply blowing his top and letting go some temper in writing instead of in person? Well? The cops might end up asking me about what I'd want to write him. I've been allowing for the possibility and leaning toward it being hot headed words in temper from frustration.
edit on 19-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The way the woman went about this is wrong. I do agree with the part about keeping the noise down. People have a right to live in peace without being disturbed by shrieking and other bothersome noises outside. But she took it too far with the whole 'euthanization' thing. She could have just written a polite letter asking the parents to keep him quiet so the neighbors wouldn't be disturbed by him.

It's good to see that they have a dog to walk him though. That will keep him preoccupied and give the parents some quiet time.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I'm willing to bet the mother wrote this to herself to garner attention or a kid in the neighborhood thought they would be souper lulzy and trolol.

That looks like a seditious joker kitty about to roar like a lion seeing whom it can devour.

The kitty isn't holding an axe is it?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I think the letter is for real, and at the very least, a public shaming is in order for the authoress.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by HomerinNC

I think the letter is for real, and at the very least, a public shaming is in order for the authoress.

Right on! Do her like they did that reporter in Egypt! Gang style!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Would be nice for some rich person to step up and get this family a house, or better yet the community to come together and make something like this happen.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Would be nice for some rich person to step up and get this family a house, or better yet the community to come together and make something like this happen.
It would be nicer if people came to an understanding about autism and special needs in general.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

This whole situation needs to be looked at thoroughly+because if this child is wailing so much while outside-it needs to be determined if the child even Wants to be outside for hours
-is he left alone much of that time?idk its just that happy can be heard in the tone,even if the actual sounds don't make much sense.Now kids can pick up om happiness in the voice of another child,and unhappiness.If this organ-greedy bitter-talking neighbour's kids are upset by the wailing-can it be because they can hear or sense anguish in the tone?Cause kids normally don't give a toss how much+what type of noise other kids make-Hell,my son is not special needs-and sometimes while playing he can sound like my garden(or home) is "Where the Wild things Are" seriously.So,if this letter indeed was written by a neighbour,and not by the mom herself,as a member suspects-could it be that the kids are picking up on the distress in the autistic child's voice? This does need to be looked into,for the child's sake.

Some people are afraid of special needs people-my adoptive mother was like that-a Down syndrome person was a very scary person in her book,gave her the heebie jeebies-as with her,you do find that mindset in extremely ignorant ,intellectually backward people.The letter writer made me think of my late adoptive Mommy Dearest-although she would never have written such a letter to another person.
Poor kiddo.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Nobody wants you living here
Do the right thing and move

The letter's tone has intimidation and bullying, which
seems to be the intent.
There are laws against bullying.
Hopefully they find who this bully is and charge
them to the max.

I HATE people like you who believe, just
because you have a special needs kid, you are entitled
to special treatment!!!
. . . Obviously the bully has
personal issues and is a bit envious.
sounds like someone who just lost their job,
and lives just next door.

I live next to a family with a special needs child.
I love hearing them squeal/grunt with joy. People just
need to understand that it's their only way in communicating.
It's music to my ears.
(that's life, if you can not tolerate life
then your the one that should seek mental help)

edit on 21/8/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join