It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The video game industry needs new product

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
But I'm splitting hairs,
so ignore that.

Just trying to "come around to the view".

The foo Fighters D.O.A. is like fight music.... so far.
Still tuning in to it.

Mike

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Another question,
in this mythos what came first,
Nature spirits or Humans,
and what is the power relationship between them.

It seems, from the narrative,
that the nature spirits are just waiting for a worthy vessel to channel them.

Meaning they need us.

At least,
those of us _not_ into spoils.

Mike
edit on 21-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Exactly. The spirits would be a part of the people involved, a reflection of the persons heart in the spirit world that can manifest in the physical world and vice versa.

As for the mythos, the natural spirits would have come first eventually leading into and becoming patrons of the more humanoid races.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
You know I'm totally surprised.

From the earlier pages in this thread
I took you for a space fiction fan,
and here we are talking about High Nature.

Mike

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

LOL
I love sci fi but i know i lack the actual scientific knowledge that would really be required to do something like that properly. Which isn't to say that i don't know some, but at least in that area i know i have a lot to learn.

A lot of my own background and study tends to be in mythology, folk lore, magic. It's an area where i feel the most comfortable and have the greatest range of imagination.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
So pretty awesome ideas dancing in my head lately...i know i can't be the only one:

First i have said before i want to see some kind of future earth not dominated by aliens or torn apart by war. I wanted to make it a little darker and a little more relevant and original. As always these are just concepts, basic game ideas i play with that would be applied to any current system or even next gen system you can think of.

Virtual reality isn't as far as off as we like to think. You can buy it now, at least in its infantile stage for the same price as a the PS4 or Xbox One. It's something to think about, i know i am. Its backwards compatibility has a wide open range for peripherals and even new titles.

We all know that neither the xbox 360 or the PS4 is dead just yet. This leaves an open backwards market place. Using a new variation of gameplay by adapting it to an older but continually relevant piece of common technology. I think that is an opening that should be exploited and definitely explored.

Anyway....the games.

Cold Star
Recent experiments into Lasor Fusion have expanded my imagination a bit. I began to speculate about smaller, more condensed versions of this technology powering giant robots, or even large machines.

And i see them doing this in a world where this line of experimentation has gone wrong. A large Cold Star facility has suffered a critical event and frozen nearly a quarter of the world in ice.

The American Quarter, as it is now called, is a frozen wasteland longing for the rise of the summer sun. For nearly ten years the cities and forests of this quarter have been locked in a brutal winter. Now the hints of spring have come, and rumors of machines haunting the icy cities grow.

Some fear the government has returned, seeking to claim what its birthright.

Others fear it is something far worse.

Corporate America

After the collapse of the government the only hope for our country lay in the hands of corporations. There were still many sectors of industry, many territories that yielded great fruit and should be not be forgotten.

Together, eight of the most powerful sectors of industry purchased the countries great debt, absolving it all on but one condition. Those who wished to leave must do so immediately, all others who remain will be offered employment, food, shelter and protection.

The rest of their plans for the greatest country in the world were left unsaid.

In the century that has passed since that pivotal moment the people of America have grown accustomed to their new lives. Lives not as wicked as they once believed, and not without the freedoms they once maintained. In the midst of this age of strife and submission the world around them had slowly turned towards the American way.

All nations had become free, all nations were places of safely lit streets and ample opportunity. The world turned on its own and few within the Corporate Territories felt cause for complaint. They had been bred into happy service, welcoming their comforts for their work.

But beyond the territorial borders the wilder lands still grew, some now tainted while others were stripped bare but life remained, still flourishing and free.

Now the final places of freedom are threatened, the disparate tribes clinging to their shrinking lands are losing it inch by inch with each passing day. Some lost for profit, while others sink away in pleasure.

The final battle begins there, in those forsaken lands soon to be lost, for when the last war of humanity begins the earth itself will tremble and evil the devils will know fear.

I have chosen these 8 sectors for their potential, as well as their profits.
The Manufacturing Sector:
The Military Sector:
The Entertainment Sector:
The Biomanufacturing Sector:
The Technology Sector
The AeroSpace Sector
The Blue Gold Sector
The Religious Sector

Together these eight sectors claim the world, twist and manipulate their people for profit and personal gain. Stocks are no longer values of money, they are cumiliative hours or goods certain traders offer for long term employment contracts.

Some sectors can be easier than others, but two are feared more then any.

The Military Sector
Weakened by the peace of the new age the MIlitary Sector stands as both guard to its cities, and all territories within its boundaries.

They are also the sector contractually assigned to the Pre Extermination of all indigenous life not profitable for consumption. And they are very good at what they do. AIded by nearly every sector they hold the most diverse and among the most powerful tools of the current age.

The Biotechnology Sector
Aided by Religion, Entertainment and Manufacturing has explored and exploited every possible variation life on this world for its profit and its potential. Genetics is a wide ranging market, as is Bio Energy and Cybernetics. All remarkably advanced.

I love the future
edit on 26-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I was serious about that Virtual Reality thing too...
Virtuix Omni

Now combine with a fighting game like they have just done for the Xbox One in a game called Fighter Within.
What would you really need if players already have that system and a Virtuix Omni in order to make an epic game?

Weapons.

Now make it an rpg, online.

Now give them the choice to carry a sword, or a gun.

All of them available at Walmart, in the Nerf Section.

Oh and because we love real fans too, we sell them the RFID chips we implant in every toy for use in their own creations.

We even sell them impact armor that simulates the sensations of the game world and can be customized to fit any style.

Hey i can dream.

All i need is a graphic artist who can make a short trailer. Someone who can program a basic video game using any of the current toolsets out there, and a kickstarter account.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have felt just like you though I have not got around to learning how to make games it's been something I always wanted to do to come up with a new type I game .. If I could be of any help that would be amazing as I can offer a vast amount of ideas considering I have a huge imagination, minor writing skills, and can do some basic sketches, got a ton of video game experience lol from the gensis to the 360/ps3 ( don't wanna get my hands dirty on the 1/ps4 why waste money to repeat the same games ... Yet lol) but I guess I'm useless hehe but I'm always around if you need any help I can offer ... I have been wishing they bring back some truly fun games where u actually needed to pay attention to know where you were going something full of excitement and at the same time had you wanting more ... Gaming hasn't surprised me anymore and most i cant even play a solid 30 mins because they are repetitive .... overall I hope to see something that will light that flame in my heart as the last flame lit would have had to been ES:Morrowind (oh the sleep I lost as a 12 year old ,the days
)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join