It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minecraft

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think I have become an instant minecraft junkie.
After buying it on the xb1,
I couldn't play it cause my wife wanted to play another game, so I ended up buying the pc version too.
(guess I had deleted y sons game)

All I dream about is breaking pick axes and going deep into holes in the ground...
When I get sleep that is....

edit on 25-2-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Well my friend... I am about to bring a great curse (blessing?) into your life...

As the self proclaimed spokesman for minecraft on this forum.. Teehee

I believe it is my responsibility to show you the following...

www.feed-the-beast.com...

www.technicpack.net...

TerraFirmaCraft: Survival the way it should have been

Feel free to ask questions if its needed... have fun...

you'll never sleep again

edit on 25-2-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

where the heck do I find glowstone? lol

I found a piece in my inventory but never figured out where I got it. I suppose I could just go look it up online, but sine you offered information...

And....

errrr...

*jumps into a pool of lava*

I love hardcore mode. First time I tried it, I died after about 10 minutes, but the 2nd time, I'm still going days later.

Am waiting for all of the mods to catch up to 1.8.3

There was a fishing mod I want to try out, but it is not compatible with the latest version...

edit on 20-3-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Depends on what mod you're playing...

IF you're playing Vanilla which is just straight up style minecraft... glowstone is found in the Nether...

You need a diamond pick first... then find obsidian and pick out 10 of em...

Make a door way 3 blocks high, 2 wide... and use a firestarter to open the portal...

light the bottom obsidian

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah, I am pretty much just playing straight up minecraft.
I tried a shader mod, but my computer wouldn't handle it very well.
Some of the texture packs are cool, but for some reason I prefer the basic mc default blocks.

There was a fishing mod I mentioned earlier that I do want to try out if it ever gets upgraded to the current game version,
but so far I am still just kind of learning the basics before I head off into strange and wonderful mod packs..lol

Yesterday I was playing and one of my wife's friends was over with her 6 year old, and he was interrogating me about the game because he plays it on his kindle. He didn't wanna go home...lol

You know, over all, I am amazed with this game.
It is better than skyrim...lol

A lot of it reminds me of Ultima online when I used to play that. The graphics weren't anything special, but the game play and creative aspects kept me entertained for years. I have the feeling this game is going to be the same thing.

Oh and everyone is right. The PC version is much better than the xBox version (which is still a good game, but the pc version has way more to it.

edit on 21-3-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

that's the thing about MC... it literally has unlimited playability...

I've been playing it now for a good 4-5 years... and still love it like the first time I played...

once you get a little bored of Vanilla then you'll dig into some mods... Modding the game is easy but for those who aren't experienced with it, I posted those Launchers which offer Mod packs... basically click and play

Mod packs are groups of mods compiled that don't have many conflictions between them... and they range from very basic to mod packs that even my computer can't run... some have just a few mods while others have hundreds of them...

For example this one... is called "simplify"
www.technicpack.net...

Its a mod pack that focuses on the vanilla experience... but adds a little spice to it... extra biomes... furniture... quests... etc etc...

One of my personal favorite mods is Dr.Zarks Mo creatures... its a fantastic mod... and actually the designers of Minecraft used a few of his models in their updates.... horses, and rabbits came from his mod... hope he got paid lol

I even made a thread on it to show everyone what it is about....

Think you know minecraft?

Honestly when it comes down to it, Minecraft is one of the best games ever made...

There is a reason Microsoft bought it for 2.5 billion dollars

Oh and Btw... You can change your version of minecraft in the Minecraft launcher... You don't need to stick to the updated version anymore since they redesigned the launcher... and the updated version isn't the best one anyways... Most mods run on 1.6.4 or 1.5.2

edit on 21-3-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
(right click and view image for larger version)

I started working on a castle last week. Not near done with it, but the plan is to take out most of the lighting on the inside and then reclaim it from monster spawns when I am done building it.

Across the river is a village and I plan on starting there.
It took me forever to generate a world where I saw a spot and went YES!! that is the place for my first castle.
I have been looking for ages.

When it is done I will post some more screen shots.
I've put about a week into building on it.
It's on the edge of three biomes so it can be raining in one part and sunny in another although I do seem to get a lot of rain...lol
Now I am slammed with work, so it might be a little while.
Hate it when that happens.
edit on 26-5-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join