It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minecraft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm looking for an ATS member to play minecraft with...360xbox live

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Oh that is a dark nerdy road/game to go down.

I hope you survive, good luck!

Minecraft is not a game. A game is something you "win" or "lose"

edit on 19-8-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My son and daughter kick butt in that game!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Oh that is a dark nerdy road/game to go down.
reply to post by Biigs

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

It should be called MineCareer

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I get to sucked into the minecraft world when playing.. and it eats up all my day

its a incredible great game, with endless possibilities.. I have built a gothic city in survival mode with friends
spent around half a year on that city.. with harbour and everything. It was a awesome adventure.
And I will recommend this game to everyone, as I believe its healthy for your brain.

But I need at least a years rest from the game before I touch it again.

hope you find some build buddies

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Are you looking for survival type players (ones to have an adventure,fun, etc.. with).

or

someone to build with in creative mode?

and do you prefer people with, or without microphones?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ha another Montanan! I would but it is my 3 kids that play this game but Pocket Edition only as we have no XBox. I started to play it but it takes so much of my time and the kids get on my game and change everything. I have resorted to hiding anything good I have so they don't take it or lose it! They want an Xbox really bad for Christmas so they can play the "real version"! I have a quick question for you. How many players can play Minecraft together on one Xbox at the same time?

Good luck finding players!

Restless

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

With the Xbox version, you can do 4-player split screen. Then you can grab some friends online and bring them into your world as well.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Xbox version of minecraft is a cheep rip off of the PC version...

Do the right thing.... buy the PC version

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Xbox version of minecraft is a cheep rip off of the PC version...

Do the right thing.... buy the PC version

Agreed. I have it on my xbox and my son has it on his. I bought him an alienware PC for christmas, and a copy of the PC version. He figured out the server configs and is now running his own MC server.

I have about 2 dozen buildings on my xbox version all built before creative mode was unlocked (i would cheat using spawn glitches to get materials to build with, but couldn't fly or go under water). Most of my buildings are skyscrapers going 15 stories tall (give or take, depending on where they started vertically). I have one "building" that uses the ocean for its ceiling.

I love minecraft. Obsessively. So obviously I have had to stop playing.

But when the new COD hits shelves, i will be shooting your kids and making them cry.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco

With the Xbox version, you can do 4-player split screen. Then you can grab some friends online and bring them into your world as well.

You don't do split screen when you do multiplayer online. All you do is leave your room open by invite only, send out the game invites, and everyone's screen will be their own experience.

Splitscreen is only for when you have multiple players on the same console.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalbluco

I think it is more fun to start out a game in survival mode and then throw in some creative time here and there...As far as microphone I have one but have to get it working...so either way is fine...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Agreed I would have never been able to play games when raiseing my kids...but now I am retired and kids are grown so now its grannies turn to play....lmao

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
How about people playing minecraft on xbox one? Anyone?
I just got it yesterday and only played a little bit, but can see how cool this will be in the long run...lol

Especially once the hololens comes out!

edit on 19-2-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Well... again, its just a cheap rip off of the real game...

Gets boring really quick... I have the Xbox360 version, which I play with the GF... but even shes getting bored of it because theres literally nothing to do but build... sigh

Meanwhile... In the PC version...

As you can see, theres soo much going on in my base... You're looking at my Crystal ball, and some potions in the distance for brewing in my witches cauldron... the red thing is my altar, where a good warlock gets his power... On he wall is my dream catcher just so I don't have a nightmare when I travel to the spirit world

This is my other base which I share with a buddy... most of the things you're looking at are machines needed to build my rocket... the big one on the left side is my "nasa workbench"... notice the chairs, the microscope in the distance....and the radio...which works... We have a TV as well, but it only plays reruns of Heman and nyancat ...

Oh... and I landed on the moon last week...

Mars is where we're headed next... if we can manage to survive the evolved critters on the moon

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I have the comp version, but never played it.
To many other distractions on the pc..lol

My kids even set me up with tons of stuff, but I could just never get into it.
From what I am understanding though, once microsoft goes to Win 10, minecraft will be across all platforms and you will be able to access all content from xbox and pc because they will all be running win 10.

I love to build stuff, and found I got sick of simcity and the sims, cause I can't get creative enough, so I am giving this a shot finally. I hear ya, the pc is almost always better, but with the new xb1, (a lot more content than xb 360) (larger worlds etc) I am hoping they all kind of get on the same playing field.

Biggest prob I saw with pc version was the amount of cheating going on. A lot of game hacks.
My boys have their own mc servers and dedicated players all into pvp...bleh...lol Once I found out the amount of money everyone was pumping into it, I wanted nothing to do with it...rotfl

edit on 19-2-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I have the comp version, but never played it.
To many other distractions on the pc..lol

Well that is just sad honestly... lol

My kids even set me up with tons of stuff, but I could just never get into it.
From what I am understanding though, once microsoft goes to Win 10, minecraft will be across all platforms and you will be able to access all content from xbox and pc because they will all be running win 10.

There is no content in the console editions that is not on the PC... In fact its completely impossible to compare the two...

its like comparing a bicycle with a Ferrari...

Mind you, many, if not most of the mods take quite a bit of studying in many cases... but its so worth learning

I love to build stuff, and found I got sick of simcity and the sims, cause I can't get creative enough, so I am giving this a shot finally. I hear ya, the pc is almost always better, but with the new xb1, (a lot more content than xb 360) (larger worlds etc) I am hoping they all kind of get on the same playing field.

Well unfortunately they're not even the same sport... the Xbox1 has about 5k blocks In its worlds... now in many cases that is pretty good... and I hear that there is a way to make the world an unlimited... but it isn't actually unlimited... its only limited to what the Xbox1 can handle... a console will never be able to handle what a PC can, and from what I've read as soon as one reaches about 20k in the unlimited worlds... the game has a habbit of stalling...

I've personally ran out to 30k (30 km) on the PC version... and the limit is 32 million blocks... which is equivalent to 2x around the earth if you consider one block a metre

And the mods...OmG

You can do anything you can imagine in modded minecraft... I mean ANYTHING.... From Traveling to middle earth (some guys spent two years making the entire map of middle earth and all the structures) to flying a rocket to the moon or driving a jet or tank...

its nuts!

Biggest prob I saw with pc version was the amount of cheating going on. A lot of game hacks.

yes there are a lot of cheaters... there are ways to prevent them, and they get banned fast... the best way is to run out far... the farther the better because that cheater needs put the same amount of time into finding you as you did running... which takes time but again, if you want to be safe... plus there are mods that give you every type of defence you could possibly imagine... IF you like to be creative there is no limit to what you could build to prevent invaders

the biggest problem is Xrayers...but you can kill them just like anyone else...

My boys have their own mc servers and dedicated players all into pvp...bleh...

yeah im not a fan, IF I wanted to PVP I still be playing warcraft...Im more of the PVE person... and theres tons of it, not just creepers, zombies, enders and skeletons

Once I found out the amount of money everyone was pumping into it, I wanted nothing to do with it...rotfl

that's only on the console version... the mods are free on the PC...

that's why Microsoft bought the game for 2.5 billion... they're gonna sell the mods to the console players because all of them are the property of minecraft... they're gonna make a killing too because there are thousands of mods out there, and more are being made every day...

edit on 20-2-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Well, thanks for that really in depth reply!

I'll play around on the xb1 with it and if I really like it, maybe I will convert to the PC.

At least on the xb I can let my daughter have at the game. I won't do that with our computer. Not for a few more years anyways.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Minecraft is for people who are too cheap to buy lego.

That is all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join