It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INDULGENCE - in·dul·gence (inˈdəljəns)......what is yours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hi girls and boys of ats,

How do you indulge? What is your favorite sin or treat? We all have one, at least one, and once in awhile we should succumb to our desire.

Mine is.....

...mmmmmmm cheesecake.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Books.

Small, large. Paperback, hardcover. English, foreign language.

"Farenheight 451" scared the crap out of me.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Awesome reply. Not what I expected but that's why I asked the question. Thanks for being honest.

EDIT - I read alot. I love Stephen King and Dean Koontz.

edit on 18-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotya
reply to post by beezzer

Awesome reply. Not what I expected but that's why I asked the question. Thanks for being honest.

Both authors I also enjoy. Another is Jonathan Mayberry. Just finished "Patient Zero" and have ordered the sequels (2) to it.

I consider it an indulgence due to the cost. But I love having a library at home.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Beezzer might I reccomend "book of illumination" by aqualeo
I'm sure you will enjoy reading it.

As for my indulgance there you go

edit on 18-8-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Getting away and walking through a forest..enjoying the beauty of natural thought.

And maybe hunt wrabbits for stew

edit on 18-8-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
As far as indulgences I shouldn't partake in...
I'll go with frappuccinos. I kicked caffeine nearly completely after 3 failed surgical attempts at a massive kidney stone, but damnit, I deserve that one frappe about once a month considering how far I've come in getting it out of my daily diet.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

looks pretty good, what is it?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Music, music, music.

Oh yeah................................... and music

Nothing I enjoy more than getting my guitar out and banging off some classics or trying to write a song or two

beez any news on Nerbal ?

Cody

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotya
reply to post by beezzer

Right now I'm reading Koontz 'The Taking' for the second time. Read Odd Thomas and also watched the movie. I'm not that crazy about S. King.

Yeah, reading is also an indulgence of mine. However, my big indulgences are coffee, lottery scratch tickets, and strawberry Pop Tarts.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
My guilty pleasure .... watching South Park.

(Oh .. people mentioned books. I'm reading Edgar Cayce's Akashic Records. )

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Im forbidden to speak of such things in the presence of the ATS lords...

I suppose Minecraft would qualify though

yup... Im 34 and I play a child's video game

And I love every minute of it

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Don't consider good things a sin at all, nor should we tighten our belts unless we're risking our health in being unbalanced. I don't choose to follow negative ways of thinking. We're given gifts, and create wonderful foods, and in the end, they help us get through this place, are a part of our coping mechanisms.

And for people who refuse to eat out because of third world, most of the college students take jobs like that, so I believe in growing economies and providing good family bonding events, which often come out of meals. Eating out once in a while is self esteem building for children and supports the local economy.

First Love is Icecream.

Also like Fruit/Berries and Whipped Cream, and love chocolate.

Love olives.

Love Chinese food/Thai, though kids usually vote for pizza.

Video game indulgence that was done for the kids and playing with them with bad health: WOW! Its a bit like the Lord of the Rings, and play it from Higher Mind, pretending I'm an ET come in to free this world and beam up all the quest givers and all the quest targets, and send them back to change the world.
Because I don't approve of killing things in games, but had lots of fun with kids so rewrote the game so its improved. World of Warcraft becomes secret mission of Diplomacy and Peace, and all will awaken to protect the earth and realize their leaders are corrupt, and no longer fight the other side.
edit on 18-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Those are tacos carnitas. And they look freaking amazing and I'm regretting clicking on this thread because I was already hungry but looking at that picture of carnitas just killed me!

Officially dying for carnitas now...and I just had some last night! LOL

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Whisky

2nd

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Whisky

2nd

Scotch or bourbon?

It's bourbon for me or nothing.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Heretic!!

its its not a single malt scotch its worthless.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have too many indulgences...I'm borderline hedonistic.

Books - I read all day, every day...it's an addiction

Food - Steak, ribs, oysters, Italian, Lebanese, Indian, Thai, Japanese, Southern and soul food, etc etc etc

Drinks - Sweet iced tea, hot Indian chai masala tea with honey and no cream, Italian sodas with no cream, Sam Adams Octoberfest, Angry Orchard Crisp Apple, Bellinis, Bloody Marys, bourbon and branch, Moscato, ruby port

Music - rock, blues, classical, dubstep (favorite bands are Led Zeppelin and Tool)

TV - Mad Men, Breaking Bad, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, American Horror Story, Justified, etc etc etc

Movies - there are a few I can watch over and over again...I love mob movies and supernatural/horror movies

Clothes - expensive dresses, pretty skirts and tops, flared jeans (no skinny or straight leg), etc etc etc

Travel - anywhere and everywhere...I've had a bad case of wanderlust my whole life, must be my gypsy soul

Parties - I love to throw them and attend them

Miscellaneous - American football (SEC or get lost), nice surroundings, everything fall and Halloween related, and occasional Djarum Black Clove or Marlboro Southern Blend, etc etc etc

And SO much more...my life is one big indulgence, LOL.
edit on 8/18/2013 by jcutler12888 because: REASONS

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by jcutler12888

Heretic!!

its its not a single malt scotch its worthless.

LOL! In my experience (I was a bartender for a while), most ladies seem to prefer bourbon and most gentlemen seem to prefer scotch. Also, bourbon is much more popular with Southerners...I'm a Southerner and a lady so I suppose my preference for bourbon was inevitable, LOL.

top topics

join