It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Furniture holding residual energy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Watching "Dead Files" and Amy Allen said furniture can "hold" residual energy. It reminds me of an incident I had several years back. Not a bad one, but one none the less.

We bought a used hospitol bed from a gentleman in the south. It's an older bed that moves up and down, etc. It had an old plastic mattress included. So, we unpacked it, opened it up, set it up, etc. I decided to lay down on it just to check it out. I laid there for a second when all of a sudden, I felt a little old lady in a night gown, probably under 5 feet tall, grey hair, very frail, right inside me! Then she lifted up right through me and went up and away. I jumped up out of the bed and remember thinking "That was weird!". The little old lady might have died in the bed. Like I said, it wasn't anything bad.
It was very real and detailed. I didn't smell anything but I sure felt and "saw" her in my mind and body.
Anyone else experience similar with old furniture?
edit on 17-8-2013 by wrkn4livn because: didn't add any text when originally posted.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

I think information can be stored in crystals and maybe even metals. Metals have a crystal lattice most times. They would only be memories though, I doubt if they are consciousness. They could give you a sort of vision if you have the ability to decode the stored info. I think that what we call Psychics are actually readers of information and maybe even our thoughts. Connecting with someone or some living thing far away and seeing through their eyes is another way that this ability could be used. Making money off these kind of things is many times a scam but the people with real abilities does exist and is not a scam.

Collective consciousness and the ability to store knowledge in crystals has been proven to exist in this world.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I felt a little old lady in a night gown, probably under 5 feet tall, grey hair, very frail, right inside me! Then she lifted up right through me and went up and away. I jumped up out of the bed and remember thinking "That was weird!". The little old lady might have died in the bed. Like I said, it wasn't anything bad.

Outstanding!

Compelling experiences like that sure put the "spirit" in our vocabulary, don't they? And why not? You just experienced her passing over. Maybe she was "clinging" to this place she died, all the way up to when you took possession of the object she was clinging to. Then she realized it was time for her to go, let you know that and vacated. The bed belongs to you now I should think (with her blessing?).

Who knows why people who have passed cling to people, places or things? Maybe they were to "attached". Nothing like death to convince you to move on...

Thanks for overcoming your inhibitions and bringing that. Thru her and you, people will maybe get more an idea there is a hereafter.

edit on 17-8-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

I felt a little old lady in a night gown, probably under 5 feet tall, grey hair, very frail, right inside me! Then she lifted up right through me and went up and away. I jumped up out of the bed and remember thinking "That was weird!". The little old lady might have died in the bed. Like I said, it wasn't anything bad.

Outstanding!

Compelling experiences like that sure put the "spirit" in our vocabulary, don't they? And why not? You just experienced her passing over. Maybe she was "clinging" to this place she died, all the way up to when you took possession of the object she was clinging to. Then she realized it was time for her to go, let you know that and vacated. The bed belongs to you now I should think (with her blessing?).

Who knows why people who have passed cling to people, places or things? Maybe they were to "attached". Nothing like death to convince you to move on...

Thanks for overcoming your inhibitions and bringing that. Thru her and you, people will maybe get more an idea there is a hereafter.

edit on 17-8-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

Yes. Thanks. And like I said, it wasn't a negative feeling. She just was "inside" me and then gone. It did seem like she was very peaceful. I still remember it like it was yesterday (about 10 years ago).

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
An old plastic matress should still be outgassing, yet you actually say there was no smell?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
According to Navajo beliefs, objects that belonged to the dead may harbor what is called the chindi. When a person dies, the good portion of their spirit goes to the Great Spirit or scatters as it is in harmony with the world. What is left behind is the bad portion of the spirit and that is what becomes the chindi. A traditional or even not-so traditional Navajo may be very reluctant to touch an object that belonged to a dead person or even go into a building where a death has occurred. In fact, their beliefs on this were so strong that they would abandon their home should someone die within it. If the home were a hogan, they would turn it into a death hogan by blocking the door and breaking an opening into the northern wall so that the chindi can travel North to the land of death as it was supposed to.

The beliefs on this are strong enough that should you go to a Navajo funeral, you'll be unlikely to see many tears. It's not a lack of love but a sign of love for the deceased to make sure that all parts of the deceased's spirit does as it should. It's also part fear as they believe that a chindi can cause sickness, harm, and even death should it get attached to a living person. Chindi are what is used by bad medicine men to curse others and by skinwalkers who offer jewelry looted from graves as bribes to prevent their identity from being disclosed (skinwalkers are really kind of like necromancers in a way).

That's what I know on the subject of objects and energy from another perspective than our own culture's.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by wrkn4livn

I have had dreams and experiences with furniture. Its hard to explain, but I view them sometimes as portals or reference points.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Utensil bending will often keep bending for hours after playing it it whether it's made out of metal or plastic. I think it makes sense for furniture to hold the same thing, particularly a bed or a couch where there might be a lot of strong emotions around it. Just my two-cents

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Actually, in my town there's a store called "Furniture with Soul," and just judging by the town, I don't think anyone's kidding about it.....

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Well, to be honest, I didn't put my nose on it. We did replace to though, rather quickly. Not because of anything in particular, just wanted a "fresh" mattress/

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Perhaps the key here is emotion. I have a theory that emotion is a simpler thought form and thus can pass across dimensional boundaries more easily. In haunted places there is usually some event that happened that involved powerful emotion. In poltergeist activity often there is a juvenile with strong emotions involved. Like in the movie Constantine, where he says that water somehow lubricates the passage into the spirit world, I believe that strong emotions can help bridge the boundaries between the living and the dead. The movie Ghost with Patrick Swayze touched on the concept of strong emotion allowing a ghost to affect things.

I use lots of movie references. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a movie reference is worth a whole book.

top topics

join