It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Housing Residents Should Be Fingerprinted as Crime-Fighting Measure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Well, of all the stinkin' thinkin' I've heard in the recent past, Bloomberg takes the cake, blows the candles and eats the whole thing himself.

Mayor Bloomberg suggested Friday that New York City public housing residents should be fingerprinted as a way to fight crime in the system's 334 buildings.

Bloomberg, speaking on his weekly radio show, said NYCHA residents make up 5 percent of the city's population while 20 percent of New York City crimes are committed in public housing.

Is Bloomberg mentally deranged? Does this little tyrant even have a PASSING understanding of the equal protections and due process clauses of the Constitution or do Democratic values even register in his mind as worthy of consideration?? He seems to put his own agenda and his own VERY wealthy ideas of what is right and wrong ahead of virtually everything else in life. Not least of which, those who elected his sorry butt.

Thankfully, there are others in New York City Government who don't think you should be processed like a convict at central booking just because you happen to have an address in the 'projects'.

Bill de Blasio, the city's public advocate, called it "outrageous and insulting."

"Once again, Mayor Bloomberg has resorted to presuming innocent people are guilty simply because they happen to live in certain areas, and in doing so he is stigmatizing entire communities."
Source

This isn't just tone deaf. This is outright HATEFUL. I think the man has some serious issues with race, class and general common respect for people who don't have 11 figure net worth balances.

Anyone else getting the idea that some of these leaders would be FAR better suited in some other nations outside this one? Bloomberg, for example, might do better running a small nation like Myanmar or perhaps something like Zimbabwe. You know, where they just jail or shoot whatever argues with authority in even a passing way that gets notice.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I think the truth is a little hidden here.

Fact is, there are plenty of criminals around who don't get caught and live more affluent lives outside public housing. The public housing residents are more of a target for police.

Is Bloomberg completely clean....I think not, he is probably immune to his crimes so isn't a crime statistic.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

I agree wholeheartedly with the honorable Mr Bloomberg. We truly do need to fingerprint the criminals in New York City - as their crime spree is absolutely out of hand.

Wrabbit would you forward a message to the Mayor, telling him that I will meet him at the doors of the Stock Exchange on Monday morning so we can start fingerprinting those criminals?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
They already do this. The current scheme is to book the youngest up and coming "gangsters" they can find on trumped up charges, "jaywalking, curfews, drunk in public, disturbing the peace" etc, etc.

Once they get an arrest in they have a file. Then they watch the file over the years.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I agree wholeheartedly with the honorable Mr Bloomberg. We truly do need to fingerprint the criminals in New York City - as their crime spree is absolutely out of hand.

Wrabbit would you forward a message to the Mayor, telling him that I will meet him at the doors of the Stock Exchange on Monday morning so we can start fingerprinting those criminals?

You had me going there for a moment with your first paragraph. Goodness Heff, the question was crossing my mind of whether you fell to the dark side..when I saw your second half! Ahhh... There is the Heff we know and love!

Of course, I'll be happy to pass that along. Might I also suggest similar fingerprinting stations be set up around the major office buildings in midtown Manhattan? We must get ALL the potential criminals, right? Can't let a single innocent person escape the net who MAY someday commit a crime. Indeed...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Hefficide

You had me going there for a moment with your first paragraph. Goodness Heff, the question was crossing my mind of whether you fell to the dark side..when I saw your second half! Ahhh... There is the Heff we know and love!

Of course, I'll be happy to pass that along. Might I also suggest similar fingerprinting stations be set up around the major office buildings in midtown Manhattan? We must get ALL the potential criminals, right? Can't let a single innocent person escape the net who MAY someday commit a crime. Indeed...

Don't forget to set up a station at City Hall, as well -- you'll catch a lot of criminals on their way into work

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Dont worry I brought it up at his house he cant wait. He had me for dinner, so I took a crap on his plate and had him eat it. MERICA!

top topics

join