It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's assume Aliens exist. What is the best way for them to let us know if they are friendly??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I still think anal probing is their way of saying "we come in peace... bitches!"

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Save a kitten who got stuck in a tree.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

You know when I think about this question the same answer springs to my mind as it does when it comes god !!!

If you got something to say then just come out and say it,forget all this nonsense with lights in the sky,crop circles or cattle mutilations.

They'll probably lay low and monitor us for some time,glean as much useful intelligence about the earth and our society,our nature,are we the type of creature to turn tail and flee like a herd of wildebeast when they spot a lion or are we like a rat when you back it in a corner that turns and goes for you're throat.

They'll have watched the constant stream of tv and radio broadcasts the we deafen the solar sytem and beyond with.

Any technological species able to concieve & build the kind of craft with the necessary power to explore,cross and colonise the reaches deep interstellar space will probably have developed genuine skill at languages and communication.i'm sure while they were parked behind the moon their communications officer will have been trying to decipher our languages.

Like i said,lightshows,abductions and crop circles haven't proven a very clear form of contact.

Sorry guys but the message isn't making any sense to us so I'll repeat myself in simple language.

If you have something to say then for f**k sake just say it,spit it out.forget the vague signs n symbols.Land on the White House lawn or the backyard at No.10 then say your piece !!!

Oh by the way same goes for god,you want us to listen then howabout opening your mouth,forget your burn bushes n the like

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by fastbob72

You know when I think about this question the same answer springs to my mind as it does when it comes god !!!

If you got something to say then just come out and say it,forget all this nonsense with lights in the sky,crop circles or cattle mutilations.

They'll probably lay low and monitor us for some time,glean as much useful intelligence about the earth and our society,our nature,are we the type of creature to turn tail and flee like a herd of wildebeast when they spot a lion or are we like a rat when you back it in a corner that turns and goes for you're throat.

They'll have watched the constant stream of tv and radio broadcasts the we deafen the solar sytem and beyond with.

Any technological species able to concieve & build the kind of craft with the necessary power to explore,cross and colonise the reaches deep interstellar space will probably have developed genuine skill at languages and communication.i'm sure while they were parked behind the moon their communications officer will have been trying to decipher our languages.

Like i said,lightshows,abductions and crop circles haven't proven a very clear form of contact.

Sorry guys but the message isn't making any sense to us so I'll repeat myself in simple language.

If you have something to say then for f**k sake just say it,spit it out.forget the vague signs n symbols.Land on the White House lawn or the backyard at No.10 then say your piece !!!

Oh by the way same goes for god,you want us to listen then howabout opening your mouth,forget your burn bushes n the like

I am asking what aliens should do to show they are friendly, but...... you seem to be in a different dimension...... and cornered rats do not go for your throat, they try to jump over the lowest point of you which is your shoulder and is roughly same height as throat........

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Save a kitten who got stuck in a tree.

You know, something as simple as this might just contain the power to show us they cared, and to find that in a human, means you have something to work with... so yes nice thought!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
They are here and been around for more than 100,000 years, we are nothing new to them as they nothing new to us.

They are actively developing our species (to what standards I don’t know)but we are jumping from caveman to super computers making species.. do you think that it happened in natural way..?

Anyway, to be short don’t show them guns..

Ever seen PAUL..?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see them droppin in stuff in games, virtual encounter that would allow the person to not be to so jumpy. Just "oh look an alien in the game", then possibly things stepping outside of the game, taking on higher lvls of realism in appearence where they ask you to.... idk go on a virtual lil adventure they created within the realm of the game, or whatever they want via enhanced tech hacking.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Well thats not hard. We are intelligent, that means they just need to land in open and wait for our authorities to come to take care of them.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop

Originally posted by fastbob72

I am asking what aliens should do to show they are friendly, but...... you seem to be in a different dimension...... and cornered rats do not go for your throat, they try to jump over the lowest point of you which is your shoulder and is roughly same height as throat........

Yes i know they are leaping over your shoulder but I liked the image despite the fact rats going for the throat is a wives tale on a par with earwigs laying eggs down your ear or bats flying low and getting caught in your hair.

My answers was deliberately tongue in cheek yet I was trying to make a point saying the best thing they can do is show up and state clearly that they are friendly.

Any civillisation that explores,colonises the galaxy would,you'd imagine,has a strategy for communicating with other species.i find the idea that they're trying to tell us something using the medium of crop circles as so bizarre it's laughable.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Perhaps some of them could become members of ATS and gradually let us know who they really are.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Symbols, i guess this would be the only way for us, in our history symbols are practically the basis for all modern writing or at least the start of how knowledge has been given on through the ages, knowledge which we are losing faster now then ever before. Symbols like crop circles, but then from a nice saucer display or something.

Maybe sound will work to if it's a resonance frequency which we will conceive as peacefull (so no tribal drums or sounds which will be understood as sounds of war, guns or bombs)
edit on 17/8/2013 by Bauwser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Park in orbit..use the radio/T.V. and make an announcement that "we come in peace" However if you shoot at us we will destroy the weapon and everything within 200 meters from where it was fired...We have decided our mission of non=interference is now over and it is time to intervene before you destroy yourselves.
They maintain orbit and radio silence for a week as every news service reports on what is being done to both communicate with them and the talking heads are all over the map with their intentions. Then it happens...Two aircraft carrying air to air missiles unload on the ship as several missiles are fired from a land base....

As promised the all missiles/aircraft and missile launch bases are simply gone...No smoke no rubble just gone...

The next broadcast from the ship tells the people of earth that they are children of the universe who have gotten some bad info along the way...but they (those in the ship) are here to set the record straight.

Within one year all the people of the earth realize their new place in the universe and have welcomed these enities...

A new religion is now in place even though old dogma dies hard...

It appears that they have many openings in their off world force and scientific missions (they like our ability to survive in hostile environments and enjoy the work) and they are recruiting personnel. Many chose to join and see the universe...

The first Earth star ship is launched within 5 years of their arrival; thanks to the technology transfer they have given us. Within 30 years we think we are now the big dog in the universe and try to take over the galactic conference...we are disappeared until those who remain use simple stone tools to survive and the whole thing starts over again...

Or in thirty years we become what some would call true members of the GALACTIC CONFERENCE and valued members...Mankind survives

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bauwser

What's wrong with plain old English? They have just managed to travel from one star system to another and have probably been intercepting our transmissions along the way. Do you really think they would have a problem converting and deciphering basic Human syntax?

There's more lightly hood of them using mathematics to communicate anyway since in all probability math is universal.
edit on 17-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
picking up the bar tab would be a good start ..

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I think that our civilisation would be considered under-developed and primitive,and that no contact is to be made until we are ready,remember that story about the small island with inhabitants who have no knowledge of the outside world and hurled spears at a helicopter ? I imagine its the same with our whole civilisation or
maybe their are civilisations out their who are also alone and searching for any intelligent life,I find the wow signal I interesting especially the 40th anniversary investigation into the signal which pretty much concludes that the signal is most likely extraterrestrial in origin and that we haven't been able to pick it up since becouse whoever broadcast the signal is now broadcasting into a different portion of their sky,they may be long extinct by now as well ,Facinating stuff.

I don't think that ets will be landing on the White House lawn any time soon though.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

It depends on which particular species of ET wanted to contact us and their level of technology, or specifically, whether their technology could easily interface with our own systems.

I would argue there are many people who think ET has already attempted communication through technological means, in several different ways.

One was in the 1970's, where it is argued (and still a mystery as to what actually happened) that ET actually cut in to a British regional TV broadcast, and spoke a message live on air. (there are still recordings of this available on YT i think) It caused a lot of debate at the time, because the authorities didn't have a clue how anyone ET or terrestrial, could have broken into the broadcast and took over the airwaves.

They obviously feared that an enemy could hijack the airwaves and broadcast propaganda etc, but this event where a supposed ET intelligence broadcast to the British people, is still unsolved today. Nobody knows if it was really an ET message or some elaborate and highly technological hoax.

Another method, would be to arrive when a civilisation is fairly primitive and build massive stone monuments, encoded with high technological concepts and proving superior abilities in their constructions, to last 1000's, possibly even tens of 1000's of years, until the primitive people develop to such a technological point where the messages encoded in stone and building techniques can finally be understood properly...pyramids scattered around the world, might be such an example of a 'message in a bottle', except the metaphorical bottle would bob around on the sea of time and the slow advancing tide of technology and comprehension.

The other mysterious 'mega neolithic' structures that still cause experts and armchair researchers alike to scratch their heads in puzzlement today, could equally be such examples of messages in bottles, meant to inform future, more enlightened people that there are others that are interacting with our planet, and interacting in a peaceful and intellectual manner (since we're still here and free).

Apart from that...many, many craft appearing at the same time in the skies above major urban areas, motionless in the sly above AND broadcasting over our communications messages of peaceful intent would be the best way to inform the entire planet all at once of their existence and peaceful intent.

By displaying superior craft and technologies that would obviously be beyond our comprehension (at least initially) and not attacking or attempting to harm people or the planet, would be proof enough of peaceful intent (or else they would simply attack us with their 'magical' technology if they were aggressive)

Going through world 'leaders' behind closed doors would be a mistake, and ought to be avoided due to corruption and vested interests wanting to preserve the status quo...if you're reading the web ET, let ALL of the people know, not only the leaders...if you go to only the leaders and not the people, they'll try very hard to hide your existence from us, as they have done and continue to do even now to further their own agendas.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Let's assume Aliens exist. What is the best way for them to let us know if they are friendly??

Explode a nuclear device a safe distance from their observatory / space station / whatever.... designed to generate a mushroom cloud that spells out "Hi, we are friendly".

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Let's say Aliens exist, and they may very well exist, I myself believe that, anyway, lets say Aliens come to earth, and they want to let us know they are friendly...What should they do? How do they let us know?

First; drop the attitude! Terrestrials are not in a position to be dictating the existence of ET or indeed anything else off-world.

Second; realize that probabilities are the proof you are looking for. Which is to say, that while the probability of ET existing may not be 1 (one), it is no lower than the probability that terrestrials Humans are even intelligent enough to distinguish between themselves and another species, regardless of how close that species may be. Chimpanzees are the closest species known to Terrestrial Humans, yet differ by several percent. BigFoot is also close and differs by even less. Just how close can a creature get and still NOT be Terrestrial Human???

I'm thinking that a creature can be 100% Human and still not be a Terrestrial. Human. Earth does not have a monopoly on Humans, and I've very sure (80% probability) that Humans exist all over the cosmos, even near by.

Further there is a good amount of "G class" stars near by. As we should all know and accept "G class" stars can support Human life, especially IF they are over 3 billion years old, as so many of Earth's near by stars are.

There is no belief in Extraterrestrials any more! There is knowledge that they exist even in the face of not having met any as of yet. Also, if you were to take the real probabilities of ET existing and being able to visit to Las Vegas; you would find NO takers. Getting against ET is a sure way of loosing everything!!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

disarm the world
and end hunger in the world
clean the world
do i have to go on

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
By using lube next time they anally probe someone

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>