It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's assume Aliens exist. What is the best way for them to let us know if they are friendly??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Let's say Aliens exist, and they may very well exist, I myself believe that, anyway, lets say Aliens come to earth, and they want to let us know they are friendly...What should they do? How do they let us know?
If one of the craft hovered say 30 feet off the ground and we could see beings behind the windows of the craft looking down at us, Should they wave, would that be a way to let us know they are friendly, or should they blow us kisses.... they can't speak our language, so what sign could they make to say to us, hey we are friendly and will not harm you. it's a first communication with them... or do we say to hell with friendly and hide under the kitchen table.... What do you think....

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
SEX!
edit on 16-8-2013 by Knives4eyes because: the greener the better

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Any alien species seeking any sort of meaningful 'contact' with us would probably do so by radio signals. Can't shoot/nuke something that is tens of thousands of miles away.

Because let's face it... our first instinct to seeing an alien craft would be far more Kirk than Picard.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Stop being so darn sneaky would be a good place to start.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't think any kind of peaceful sign would convince some (if not most) people to believe they come in peace. Religious indoctrination and superstition would never allow them to accept aliens in any way, and most of the world today is religious and/or superstitious in some way.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Stay the hell away from us and not blow us up? Lets be honest: Any species intelligent enough to traverse the stars would be smart enough to observe the way we treat each other on earth before they chose to do anything. Given the fact we have a penchant for raping, killing, and mutilating each other, the best way they could let us know that they come in peace is not to blow up our planet with their death star and stay away from us until we actually understand what peace is.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Wow...I thought that would be a given. Its that they didnt kill us...when they couldve over the 1,000's of years theyve been here. We got nothing they want....that they cant get or already have gotten in the entire universe(s).

If they wanted us dead...we would be. Must be friendly...or just uninterested.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

haha but seriously, you want to mark the occasion with a hybrid,,

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Surprise, they're all men! Sorry about your luck...

Good luck with your probe!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The gift of free energy. That would be a pretty nice offering. And quit being so darn sneaky. Please, aliens, let us have some good video for once, too!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

Aliens would come to Earth and say, "We made a wrong turn at Proxima Centauri now we ended up in the wrong neighborhood... This must be the slums..." Then dip off with a quick U-turn.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Crop Circles!

A mysterious, 'alien' phenomenon based in sacred geometry, made accessible to the public and firing the imagination off into different realms of thought - not hiding the secrets, only their own presence (and that, only to prevent the shock to the system that it would cause the Human Race...)

I don't believe all aliens are hostile, but some are. I don't think they are the ones leaving the CCs..

But I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Take control of our TV's remotely and say so.

Then when we ask how can we trust them, they send one down amoung us as trust. Then if we kill it they probably won't want any further communication with us, but if we are nice to it then more of them will come.

Basically it doesn't matter how friendly they are it depends on how friendly we are.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
The gift of free energy.

Yikes! Haven't you watched the TV series "V"? We're gonna nuke the first ship that tries that trick.

They are going to need to stay way back and try cold calling us first and acting friendly like those salesman offering cheap vacation trips. Then we can lure them in, nuke them and take their technology.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

And they should sneak about and annoy Mel Gibson for a few days, then go on Jerry Springer and tell him about it - I would love that if Aliens made contact and had an awesome sense of humour. They always make them so serious in the movies....

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Yeah haha you could be right with that,,,,

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop

haha but seriously, you want to mark the occasion with a hybrid,,

Space siliconized anti-matter condoms, I don't want to take a chance and end up paying etchild support.

Surprise, they're all men! Sorry about your luck... Good luck with your ford probe!

Totally if they look like the man of steel, I don't own a Ford probe but thank you anyway.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Bring gifts, like beads, firewater etc. Humans love shiny stuff.

link   
They come bearing gifts of Bacon.

link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Yeah I guess we expect the not so nice aliens to eat the corn instead of drawing pretty pictures in it....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join