It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Seriously Good Updates on the Death of Reporter Michael Hastings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Most sheeple I know say "Who is Michael Hastings" because his suspicious death seems to have come and gone out of the news. But not really! One media outlet is not letting this go.

I try to Google it once in a while to see what's new. Here are a few updates and links:

Wife of Michael Hastings admits that Hastings was writing an article that was targeting CIA director Brennan.
CNN Clip: www.cnn.com...

And then last month, a source provided a San Diego news station with an alarming email hacked from super secret CIA contractor Stratfor’s President Fred Burton. The email was posted on WikiLeaks and alleged that then Obama counter-terrorism Czar Brennan, was in charge of the government's continued crackdown or witch-hunt on investigative journalists.

Here's the email link: www....__._/gifiles/docs/1210665_obama-leak-investigations-internal-use-only-pls-do-not.html

The CIA was all over this, doing damage control, calling the reporter, etc.
Here's a link to that story: www.sandiego6.com...

Another update is that Rolling Stone is going to publish Hasting's story about Brennan in an upcoming edition, so be sure to watch for that.

Also, new evidence is beginning to show that there was a PRE-explosion before Hasting's car hit the tree. That part of the story is also available on the last link I provided here.

What's remarkable about all of this is that all these new updates are being released by the MEDIA. I find that very interesting.

Tens of thousands of people are following this story at this San Diego TV station.

Here's an excerpt from the article:

The pre-explosion could possibly explain the flash of light on the video that preceded the appearance of the car in the video. The pre-explosion and slower speed could also explain the minimal damage to the palm tree and the facts the rear tires rested against the curb.

It also provides an explanation for the location of the engine and drive train at more than 100 feet from the tree impact area. This new information prompted another round of FOIA/CPRAs and only adds to the questions that remain unanswered.

One of those questions is where was Mr. Hastings going at 4:30 in the morning? Based on the accident location, Hastings was only 1.5 miles from his home and was headed away from his address. Other unanswered questions point to the contents (computer, phones, notes, etc.) of his home, so far there has been no response from the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) FOIA request regarding these issues. Also, numerous FOIAs have been filed with other federal agencies concerning details of Hastings suspicious car “accident.”

It's wonderful to see that ONE media outlet is doing it's job,

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
If this is true about a possible pre-explosion/flash then that is why he hit the tree and why flames/fire!
Sadly MH was wacked by A holes! RIP Brave guy! Respect!!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Here's an interesting youtube vid.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

The Wikileaks email does not refer to Hastings. It is talking about the Bradley Manning leaks to Wikileaks.

Midnight, May 22nd, 2010. Army intelligence analyst Private First Class Bradley E. Manning is sitting at a computer at Contingency Operating Station Hammer, east of Baghdad. He is online, chatting with Adrian Lamo, an ex-hacker and sometimes-journalist based in San Francisco. “Hypothetical question,” he asks Lamo. “If you had free reign over classified networks for long periods of time… say, 8-9 months… and you saw incredible things, awful things… things that belonged in the public domain, and not on some server stored in a dark room in Washington DC… what would you do?” Manning, 22, is probing Lamo for guidance–and approval. “I can’t believe what I’m confessing to you,” he types.

By the time of September Wikileaks was releasing files on Afgahistan which Manning gave Wikileaks.

I guess there was also the Bob Woodward book that had NSA leaks in it.

www.nbcnews.com...

WASHINGTON — In the first 12 pages of his new book, “Obama’s Wars,” famed journalist Bob Woodward reveals a wealth of eye-popping details from a highly classified briefing that Mike McConnell, then-director of National Intelligence, gave to President-elect Barack Obama just two days after the November 2008 election. Among the disclosures: the code names of previously unknown National Security Agency programs, the existence of a clandestine paramilitary army run by the CIA in Afghanistan, and details of a secret Chinese cyberpenetration of Obama and John McCain campaign computers. The contents were so sensitive that McConnell, under orders from President George W. Bush, barred Obama's own transition chief, John Podesta, from sitting in at the briefing, which took place inside a tiny, windowless and secure room known as a SCIP (or Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility.)

But then the hacking of Obama and McCain was done by Brennan's company and not China. Two were fired and another they never said who it was. The Analysis Corp. owned by Brennan was behind the passport searches on the candidates also.

edit on 16-8-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm betting a drone fired a heat seeker into Hastings car.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I reported about some emails on the 12th in another thread. There are 2 wikileaks emails from a Hastings colleague that say:

"Brennan is behind the witch hunts of investigative journalists learning information from inside teh beltway sources.

"There is a specific tasker from the WH to go after anyone who printing materials negative to the Obama agenda. (Oh my even the FBI is shocked. The wonderboys must be in meltdown mode."

Here is some info about the freedom of information request from the FBI.

Justice Department: FBI Has Started to Process Michael Hastings Documents

DOJ revealed the details in a court filing Tuesday in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit I filed with Ryan Shapiro, a doctoral candidate at Massachusetts Institute of Technology who specializes in FOIA research revolving around the policing of dissent. Shapiro and I both filed FOIA requests with the FBI after Hastings's death for any records the agency may have on the reporter. When the FBI failed to respond our records requests within the 20 business day timeframe as required by law and Shapiro's request for expedited processing within 10 calendar days we sued.

"The FBI has completed its search for potentially responsive records and expects to finish processing the records by September 9," DOJ said in its response, in which the agency requested an extension to respond to our motion for summary judgment due to scheduling conflicts. "The brief extension sought will allow the FBI to complete processing, which would moot Plaintiff’s Motion for Partial Summary Judgment. Additionally, the additional time will allow Defendant to prepare the appropriate responses to be prepared and filed. The requested extension will not unduly delay adjudication of this action."

edit on 16-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

In the article they mention the engine being 100' away as suspect, however this year model Mercedes is designed with a break away engine design for safety. If the car was going at the speed they stated it would be very possible for the engine to be 100' away however I would expect more damage to the tree, much more.

Eitherway this doesn't add up. I believe it was hacked and or sabotaged. We have talked about the possibilities of newer cars being hacked and controlled for a couple years now at work.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
...Also, new evidence is beginning to show that there was a PRE-explosion before Hasting's car hit the tree. That part of the story is also available on the last link I provided here.
...Tens of thousands of people are following this story at this San Diego TV station.
...Here's an excerpt from the article:

The pre-explosion could possibly explain the flash of light on the video that preceded the appearance of the car in the video. The pre-explosion and slower speed could also explain the minimal damage to the palm tree and the facts the rear tires rested against the curb.
...It also provides an explanation for the location of the engine and drive train at more than 100 feet from the tree impact area.
One of those questions is where was Mr. Hastings going at 4:30 in the morning? Based on the accident location, Hastings was only 1.5 miles from his home and was headed away from his address...”

Glad you're interested MRuss.
Sadly - the source you are referencing (San Diego Channel 6 - specifically - Kimberly Dvorak) is spewing a lot of bunk.
If you care to actually see whether I'm right or wrong...you can start here with 30 screen-captures, in sequence, of the car, from just before entering the security camera footage, until the second screen-shot that evidences the explosion (at the palm tree).
The claim of "pre-explosion" is bogus and demonstrates a genuine lack of concern for detail... As is the claim made by the Professor that Dvorak quoted, claiming that the vehicle was travelling at 35 mph in the video.
The rear tires rested against the curb...because that's where the car "fell" after the roof slammed into the tree (while travelling on the median...not the street).
The engine was significantly further from the car than 100'...
Mr. Hastings' vehicle was not headed "away" from his address...but, rather, "toward" it (at least, until hitting Melrose Place)... (He should have turned right at Melrose Place.)

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I've read those stories and a few more that have appeared on the foreign media. If there was a good case for the conspiracy theorist... this is the best to come along in a while.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Break away engines? Seems safety is being thrown out the window with a 600 to 800 pound object flying through traffic. If that is true I wish you would post a link to it. Other wise it is hard for me to believe it.
edit on 16-8-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hi,

I noticed your thread and stopped by to have a read.

I couldn't help but to notice the indication made that possibly this was a "Drone" strike.

For those who don’t know I thought I might point out a couple of discrepancies with that theory.

Is anyone familiar with what GSR is?

It is Gun Shot Residue. It is basically the residue that is left when a bullet is fired from a gun.

Likewise with ANY missile. It too leaves a residue that is Easily detectable. However, there are also other telltale signs when missiles are used, like. ... .Extra Circular Damage, OR Collateral Damage if you will. Things like Craters left from the explosion, in addition to parts of the missile left over that didn't explodes, and most importantly,. . .. the whirring whistling sounds that missiles make when In Coming, that the witness did Not hear.

I submit that with all of this lack of evidence as such that we "S[SNIP]T CAN the whole idea that a Drone was even used.

Unless of Course there is Undisputable Proof in which case I would entertain such an idea.

On a lighter note I am very interested in hearing more about this "Breakaway" engine concept. If you have anything to back that up I would greatly appreciate seeing that.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Widow Elise Jordan, what the hell …. (CNN clip www.cnn.com...):
“My gut is it was just a really tragic accident” – Oh, yes ...? Michael might turn in his grave if he could.
And why is she so obviously keen to emphasize this view?
And, terribly sorry, why is she smiling almost all the time? - Just "her way of grieving"...?

Looks like she might have received some big perks for having that "gut".
And like one more well-prepaired interview clip.
edit on 17-8-2013 by giugliot because: spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I subscribe to Rolling Stone. They had a story about Michael Hastings in last week's issue. I believe it was a family member that they asked if they thought the death was suspicious and this person said no.

-I was VERY surprised Rolling Stone dropped the ball on this, but if I'm reading between the lines on this one correctly I'm thinking they don't want to risk the same thing happening to anyone else that works for them, that's why they left it as they did (no conspiracy in his death).

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by flossy666
reply to post by MRuss

I subscribe to Rolling Stone. They had a story about Michael Hastings in last week's issue. I believe it was a family member that they asked if they thought the death was suspicious and this person said no.

-I was VERY surprised Rolling Stone dropped the ball on this, but if I'm reading between the lines on this one correctly I'm thinking they don't want to risk the same thing happening to anyone else that works for them, that's why they left it as they did (no conspiracy in his death).

This only confirms to me he was wacked and they know it!!! RIP MH. Respect!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by flossy666

Was that in the boston bomber issue or have I not gotten this one yet. I'm patiently waiting for the story Hastings gave them on Brennan.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Here's an interesting youtube vid.

I concur with this Loudlabs video. The engine is the key piece of evidence and the video does a good job actually explaining how the engine could end up so far away. Mercedes can't even explain it.

Explosives definitely used.

No drone was used though, imo.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Do you even know anything about explosives?

Show me what proof exists that explosives were used.

Also, if you can, show me the crater that would have been left from said explosives.

How about the residue that would have been left from those same explosives.

My point is that there is absolutely no proof what so ever that explosives were used.

Furthermore, the detection of explosives is very simple and if there had been Any indication that explosives were used, the LAPD would have upgraded the Investigation to a Homicide.

It is time to Break Out The Critical Thinking and Eliminate the Ignorance that has been so prevalent in this case.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
would someone please review and comment.
It is a given fact that the engine was found 140 feet +/- (46.66 m) from the point of impact.
assuming that the engine had an initial height of (1) meter. (a little generous)
it follows:

dX = 1/2 at^2
1m = 1/2 (9.81 m/s) t^2
2m = (9.81 m/s) t^2
2m/9.81 m/s = t^2
0.2038735 s = t^2
t = .45 s

vt=d
v = (.45s) (46.66m)
v = 94.82 m/s = 205 miles/hr +/-

where did I mess up?
of course this doesn't take in account sliding and drag factors. the engine would have had an elastic ground impact and slid to its final resting place. the tree placement makes visualizing it a little problematic for me.

how about this instead?
per the link: "....A University professor told San Diego 6 News that calculating the speed of Hastings car follows a simple mathematic equation. By using the video and the distance traveled (195 feet) as well as the seconds that lapsed prior to the explosion – the car was traveling roughly 35 mph."

35miles/hr = 16.18 m/s = (16.18 m/s)(.45s) = 7.2 m = 23.88 feet to the engine's initial point of impact. then slid the remaining 120 feet and over a curb? doesn't sound right. any accident investigators out there?
edit on 17-8-2013 by robobbob because: additional support information

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by six67seven

Do you even know anything about explosives?

Show me what proof exists that explosives were used.

Also, if you can, show me the crater that would have been left from said explosives.

How about the residue that would have been left from those same explosives.

My point is that there is absolutely no proof what so ever that explosives were used.

Furthermore, the detection of explosives is very simple and if there had been Any indication that explosives were used, the LAPD would have upgraded the Investigation to a Homicide.

It is time to Break Out The Critical Thinking and Eliminate the Ignorance that has been so prevalent in this case.

Isn't the car being held? How can an independent test it if no access is granted? Seems ignorant to say that it's not something when you can't prove either way.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by robobbob
would someone please review and comment.
It is a given fact that the engine was found 140 feet +/- (46.66 m) from the point of impact.
assuming that the engine had an initial height of (1) meter. (a little generous)
it follows:
...dX = 1/2 at^2
1m = 1/2 (9.81 m/s) t^2
2m = (9.81 m/s) t^2
2m/9.81 m/s = t^2
0.2038735 s = t^2
t = .45 s
...vt=d
v = (.45s) (46.66m)
v = 94.82 m/s = 205 miles/hr +/-
...where did I mess up?
of course this doesn't take in account sliding and drag factors. the engine would have had an elastic ground impact and slid to its final resting place. the tree placement makes visualizing it a little problematic for me.

Sorry - can't help with the above...but...

how about this instead?
per the link: "....A University professor told San Diego 6 News that calculating the speed of Hastings car follows a simple mathematic equation. By using the video and the distance traveled (195 feet) as well as the seconds that lapsed prior to the explosion – the car was traveling roughly 35 mph."
...35miles/hr = 16.18 m/s = (16.18 m/s)(.45s) = 7.2 m = 23.88 feet to the engine's initial point of impact. then slid the remaining 120 feet and over a curb? doesn't sound right. any accident investigators out there?

I don't think the professor got much (if any) of this correct.
The "195 feet" was derived from the Michael Krikorian "Muckra cker" article... 195 feet was actually only a part of the distance... It was - 195' from where the Mercedes entered the security camera video to where the Mercedes mounted the curb (to the median), and another 56' from the "curb mounting point" to the palm tree.
In between (about midway between the 195' and 251' points) was a metal utility cover/cage, that protected a u-shaped pvc water pipe (that gave access to the "mains" below).

In this post the "launched" engine/tranny is evident (most likely) flying through the air with a southeasterly trajectory beginning with Pic #24, and last identifiable in Pic #28. It may or may not have been visible after Pic #28...if not for the light of the explosion that takes the stage in Pic #29.

I believe careful examination of the security camera footage will show that the Mercedes was travelling 100+ mph (with a significant margin) through the first 223 feet...and the last 25' (+/-) were traversed in the course of one frame (or less)...and that there are 11 frames after the car hits the tree...before the explosion (light) is evident.
edit on 8/17/2013 by WanDash because: correction

edit on 8/17/2013 by WanDash because: apostrophe for dash

edit on 8/17/2013 by WanDash because: mph

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join