It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half the time I don't even know what I want out of life anymore....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by spartacus699

I know exactly what you're saying, Spartacus. My answer for me was, I quit. I see so many people marrying, divorcing, marrying again, divorcing... What's the point? I did the marriage thing and the parent thing once so why would I want to do the exact same thing again?

It's not just relationships. I've seen the Fourth Of July fireworks maybe 35 times. That's enough! I blink my eyes and another frikkin holiday pops up. Enough!

Did the bar scene, the home owner scene... I've experienced everything I wanted to, and I don't want to do them again. Doing them again is just a way to kill boredom, and because we don't know what else to do.

Now, I work, throw my daughter a few bucks every week, watch shows online, and come here. That's enough.

I hear you

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Like if I had no friends or family here I would likely consider moving to a few very nice places I know of. Possibly vancouver.

Move to Vancouver - if I can't do it, somebody should. What a great city

You say you'd like to be surrounded by nature? Go for it - while you can - if you can. Your family can visit - and you can visit them. If you're family is close, distance won't change that

You can always move back

I've decided that what I want out of life is people I care about who care about me, to be productive, useful, to be challenged - and to have enough

Enough is different things to different people - there are some that will say aim higher

But having enough and just enough is a really nice feeling - and knowing when enough is enough is even better

:-)

<< 1   >>

join