It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Less than 3 percent of federal workers want to join Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Good info.

Maybe you can help explain who among the federal employees will actually lose FEHB ?

And are there any changes to coverage etc. for those who will keep FEHB ?

The PPACA language is not as clear as we would like.

Thanks.

To my knowledge, only Congress and Congressional staffers will move from FEHB to ACA exchanges. Everyone else can remain under FEHB, which is almost like an exchange. There are literally a hundred different plans, combinations of plans, and providers to choose from to cover health, vision, and dental. For example, I can choose Blue Cross/Blue Shield or any number of other health insurance providers. I can also choose a basic, medium, or high coverage plan from them, each with a corresponding level of cost to me. Same for dental and to a lesser extent, vision. just depends on what kind of premiums I want to pay, what kind of deductibles I want to pay, co-pays, etc.

That isn't to say we are "immune" to the ACA exchanges permanently. I would expect some sort of push in that direction over time. I'm not union eligible, but I assume that the change would probably have to be negotiated with the unions prior to implementation.

As for any changes to FEHB, I don't know yet. The new information will roll out in November, for 2014 premium rates, coverage, etc..
edit on 15-8-2013 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Thank You...

<< 1   >>

join