It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How tolerant are you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My results were also the 'You are friendly but cautious.'

I think that is fair and the perfect result. To get the 'You are open minded' result, judging from the options provided, you'd be a total spineless bend-over.

It's important to respect the beliefs, opinions, and lifestyles of others but one has to remember to respect themselves, too.

For instance, I respect those of another religion but I would not change mine for them, which was one of the questions.

Or having to switch a dinner date for a Jewish friend- I'd do my best but if my other friends couldn't switch, then that is not fair. Etc.

I can't sacrifice my right to personal choices, safety, and comfort to appease another. I will do my best to be tolerant but tolerant does not mean accepting or going along with it.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I think that is fair and the perfect result. To get the 'You are open minded' result, judging from the options provided, you'd be a total spineless bend-over.

I disagree. How would you be a ' total spineless bend-over' if you get the 'You are open minded' result?

I got the open minded result and for the Jewish friend question I answered - 'Do what you can--it really depends on what suits the majority.' That's hardly being a 'spineless bend-over'

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Each question offers three options that break down into completely intolerant, tolerant but cautious, and completely accepting.

To have an *average* of 'completely tolerant' answers offering the 'you are open minded' result you'd have to answer the *majority* of questions with the 'completely accepting' type of answer.

I already closed my quiz down so I don't remember everything but they were options like not questioning the intentions of asylum seekers, changing your religion to be with someone else, accepting someone's extreme and possibly dangerous political views, etc.

As the old saying goes, 'Don't be so open minded your brain falls out.'

And my apologies if my statement about 'spineless bendovers' insulted anyone. I hadn't read through all the comments in this thread and, in hindsight, that is a pretty insulting thing to say. Sorry to any who got that result.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

It didn't offend me Ash...

I will admit that i am a complete slug with no spine because i am completely open minded (although have enough common sense to know which side of my bread to butter and to pull my zip up after i have been for a pee
:lol

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thanks for understanding. Sometimes I can be a total socially clueless buffoon- which is probably why I didn't score the full 'open minded' result.

My apologies again for typing without thinking.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Rodinus

Thanks for understanding. Sometimes I can be a total socially clueless buffoon- which is probably why I didn't score the full 'open minded' result.

My apologies again for typing without thinking.

Hey Ash... guess you are not a Mod for nothing huh??

Erm...*cough cough*... that was an attempt at humour by the way just before you ban me

*Cries out to Heff*... "HEEEELLPPPPP?"

Kindest respects

Rod
edit on 14-8-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

top topics

<< 1   >>

join