It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How tolerant are you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hi folks,

i created a post earlier on here : www.abovetopsecret.com... which concerns tolerance.

After posting this thread i went online looking for tests concerning how tolerant we can be, this is what came up about myself :

You are Naturally Open-Minded. You are extremely open to getting to know people of different cultures and religious backgrounds. Not only are you interested in meeting people who are different from you, you actively seek out opportunities to learn about and experience new cultures, ideas, and faiths.

The test is here :

www.beliefnet.com...

Of course, there are many other tolerance tests out there on the big wide net so have a go at those that you feel better with and looking forward to your posts girls and boys

couple of links :

www.connectingsingles.com...

www.funquizcards.com...

www.helloquizzy.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

You are Friendly but Cautious. You are receptive to people of other backgrounds and happy to get to know them. Like many others, you are also wary of other people's religious or cultural practices interfering with your life.

This is my results from the first test. I'm a very social person, but I'm very cautious when meeting anyone. Different beliefs bother me. However, how people treat me affects how I treat them in return.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Those tests are in my opinion written for insecure pre-adults, teens and such, who are looking for their place in the world.

It is kind of a bad joke to determine my complete character with 10 questions, resulting in 1 of 3 possible charakterisations.

Nearly the same with IQ-tests - a single number should represent my mental abilities?... I doubt the usefullness of those simple tools.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

For the second quiz here are my results. Warder:

The world around you is full of blunt, wicked and stupid people who deserve punishment for the very fact of their existence. Those ignorant fools never cease to test your temper - and pay for it dearly! Scolding and violence is the only way to keep them at bay, but each passing day makes it harder and harder. Will this madness ever end?

So in some situations your behavior is inadequate; people are often ill pleased with your actions. To avoid serious trouble, you must reconsider your attitude towards others and allow some flexibility in your judgments. If you feel that you are under constant pressure, perhaps it's time to consult a qualified psychologist. You have to realize that the source of your problems is no one but yourself - and do something about it.

I'm amazed how both quiz describe me pretty accurate.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
Those tests are in my opinion written for insecure pre-adults, teens and such, who are looking for their place in the world.

It is kind of a bad joke to determine my complete character with 10 questions, resulting in 1 of 3 possible charakterisations.

Nearly the same with IQ-tests - a single number should represent my mental abilities?... I doubt the usefullness of those simple tools.

Whatever your thoughts are ManFromEurope and however they are understood and respected, this is just a simple thread giving a couple of links (no matter what you personally think) in order that other people can eventually add to the thread that i linked in the OP (this thread was not created in order to incite a debate or argument.)

If you can come up with a better online quiz or why not your own well thought out questionnaire, then feel free to do so... i will be one of the first to answer back once i have come back from having some quality time with my 14 year old son down at the lake.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I scored 25

You are Friendly but Cautious. You are receptive to people of other backgrounds and happy to get to know them. Like many others, you are also wary of other people's religious or cultural practices interfering with your life.
Learn more about how other cultures can enrich your life by clicking here. Or test your familiarity with the diverse beliefs and practices of your neighbors by clicking here.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Whatever your thoughts are ManFromEurope and however they are understood and respected, this is just a simple thread giving a couple of links (no matter what you personally think) in order that other people can eventually add to the thread that i linked in the OP (this thread was not created in order to incite a debate or argument.)

Meh, I scored 28, btw..

Its fun, I accept that.

If you can come up with a better online quiz or why not your own well thought out questionnaire, then feel free to do so... i will be one of the first to answer back once i have come back from having some quality time with my 14 year old son down at the lake.

Very good usage of free time. I would love to do the same with my kids. Maybe at the weekend, no wait, the family wants to come over.. Have to buy a new bbq-grill till then.

Sorry, no better quizzes are known to me.
It still saddens me if anyone wants to determine a non-determinable variable like morals, mental abilities and such via a multiple-choice-test. Any qualified psychologist would need at least a talk for some hours before being able to (even very simplified) give an overview of the mind of the average person.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I got twenty three points.

I think the test is poorly worded, overly vauge, and leaves alot to be desired in terms of not only giving the person taking the test an accurate read of thier attitude toward these things, but also in terms of the basic elements of its design.

Frankly speaking, it asks too few questions, and goes into to little detail to be useful in even the simplest of ways.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Well Rod i did the test and it said that my IQ is 289. Can you believe that!!...In fact that was total garbage that i just made up, To make people think that i am clever. Now this is what i got

..Im not sure how accurate these tests are. But it's only a bit of harmless fun
..But yes i am receptive of everyone really except window cleaners when your trying to have a lie in!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
27 points :

You are Naturally Open-Minded. You are extremely open to getting to know people of different cultures and religious backgrounds. Not only are you interested in meeting people who are different from you, you actively seek out opportunities to learn about and experience new cultures, ideas, and faiths.
To learn how you can teach others about various cultures & religions, check out the Respect site and get involved in helping to promote your commitment to tolerance. Or click here for more quizzes and features that explore the diversity of beliefs and traditions, including a chance to see how much you actually know about the cultures that intrigue you.

I want to explain myself a little bit, about what makes me end up multicultural success score....

1. I love food, I feel the urge to try all different dishes, that are cultural/ regional specialties.
2. I like to be respected by all people, if that is possible. I need to learn about others to respect them in return.
3. I love woman. I would like to have the oppurtunity to be introduced to all cultural differences in woman.
4. We are all Homo Sapiens. We are biologically so similar to each other, we wouldn't even be identified as different from one another, studied under a microscope and genetic sequencing device. Only our appearance looks different on the outside because of cultural and genetically markers that are more present in places they originated.
5. Differences make us who we are. It gives us an individual or group identity, which separates us from our families from other places in the world. They make us interesting, beautiful and give us character.

I for one hope we will not loose our distinct looks and trades and ways of life. Because of the loss in variety within us, and the creation of a single boring species, that all look alike.

Our distinct characteristics and trades in appearance, physical trade marks and others things... They are remnants of our history.
Our evolution from a single species, to several sub species of hominid, that all shared there newly given abilities, immunities and physical adaptations, making it possible for our human race to make our survival rates over time, way more likely and refreshed the genetic material of our species with new and beneficial material variety. This has probably extended our survival capabilities exponentially.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

how tolerant am I ? it of course depends on what I am being expected to tolerate " tolerance / intolerance " is not some homogenous metric that has a fixed value applicable to every situation

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Rodinus

how tolerant am I ? it of course depends on what I am being expected to tolerate " tolerance / intolerance " is not some homogenous metric that has a fixed value applicable to every situation

You tolerate what you are capable of tolerating (just a simple word)... IgnorantApe... nothing more... why look for a difficult way of going around things???

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Well Rod i did the test and it said that my IQ is 289. Can you believe that!!...In fact that was total garbage that i just made up, To make people think that i am clever. Now this is what i got

..Im not sure how accurate these tests are. But it's only a bit of harmless fun
..But yes i am receptive of everyone really except window cleaners when your trying to have a lie in!

And Cody told me that you were a thicko!!!!

I wouls seriously pull of the filter from his gas mask!!!

Warmest respects

Rod

Ps. still waiting for BOYMONKEY TO JUMP IN HERE AND HAVE A GOOD APE AROUND...!
edit on 14-8-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Mine said this:

It also said that I'm smarter than Doc and Cody, but that they love me anyway!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Rodinus

Mine said this:

It also said that I'm smarter than Doc and Cody, but that they love me anyway!

Mine also said that i would have a lead filled baseball bat with a rusty dog poo laced nail driven through the end and would strike down any Granny that tried to attack me with a rolling pin

But i will refrain from saying that of course! hehe

Only humour for those mods and members that know!!!??? (If you don't understand, why not have a quick look at my post history?)

Ohhh, by the way Littled... Me love you long time... 10 Dollars???

Kindest respects

Rod
edit on 14-8-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Mine said

You are tolerant enough to eat snails whilst drunk in a strangers house
That lives in a different country whilst discussing the purchasing
of gerbils in pink tutu's.

Oh sorry it said mad enough

Cody

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Oh that is it!
Where is that darn rolling pin? You hide it again Rod?

No worries, I found my slingshot and have a whole pile of ball bearings- watch yourself Rodinus!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I scored 28

Yeah that pretty much sums me up. I really enjoyed my time travelling and meeting new people, experiencing different cultures

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Mine said

You are tolerant enough to eat snails whilst drunk in a strangers house
That lives in a different country whilst discussing the purchasing
of gerbils in pink tutu's.

Oh sorry it said mad enough

Cody

Blummin heck.... that is so true!!!

Warmest respects

Rod

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Rodinus

Oh that is it!
Where is that darn rolling pin? You hide it again Rod?

No worries, I found my slingshot and have a whole pile of ball bearings- watch yourself Rodinus!

*Clinches bottom cheeks and runs in a zig zag pattern*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join