It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware! The Chinese are Coming!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's really very clever. We let the Chinese stimulate our economy and lend us money.
Then, instead of paying up, we go to war with them, win, and blame it on them. Then they pay us more money.
Basically a win-win for the United States.
/sarcasm off

I think sometimes the Chinese economy is overrated. I also sometimes think the Chinese are trying to intentionally control crucial economic building blocks.
Or maybe they're just capitalists

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by marg6043

Yes we did.

That will be the new obama campaign or hillary clinton.

However China has underestimated the weakness in their own military. Those who are loyal to it are loyal to power and corruption.

Military is not a solution to every problem.

Economic problems cannot be solved by the military.

USA is suffering from economic problems. It has shipped a large number of manufacturing jobs and service jobs overseas. Now the knowledge in those areas is lost. The countries that manufacture or provide services have gained that knowledge and infrastructure.

The American plan was to control the overseas entities financially, but this plan has failed.

Chinese have proven to be very smart in particular. Chinese have destroyed the American plans completely.

Chinese have the human capital and natural resources to overtake USA in every respect. This bulldozer cannot be stopped.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by StalkerSolent
It's really very clever. We let the Chinese stimulate our economy and lend us money.
Then, instead of paying up, we go to war with them, win, and blame it on them. Then they pay us more money.
Basically a win-win for the United States.
/sarcasm off

I think sometimes the Chinese economy is overrated. I also sometimes think the Chinese are trying to intentionally control crucial economic building blocks.
Or maybe they're just capitalists

Only problem is this plan is bound to fail.

The USA has seen only failures since 2001. USA failed in both Iraq and Afghanistan. USA failed in Egypt. The sideshow of Libya is a failure as an American ambassador was killed there.

American policy is badly failing in East Asia where Japan and South Korea now face nuclear armed China and North Korea.

USA's policy has completed failed in Pakistan where this country is sliding into chaos.

Back home, the unemployment and misery is creeping up.

Can you show me some successes.

The problem is USA's elite is completely unable to acknowledge the truth.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

You found your dream house around $200,000, $300,000, well good, how are you going to pay for it? Put down 30% down payment and finance the rest on a 30 year fixed loan? That's great, the Chinese dude from overseas just tossed the bank $300,000 cash. I'm talking about $300,000 in cash, bidding for the house against me.

Guess who the banks are going to sell the house to? The guy who's trying to work hard and try to pay off a huge loan or some rich guy who can just afford to pay off the entire house now?

Honestly?

You.

You're the MUCH better investment from the bank's point of view.

$300,000 slapped on the cashiers counter earns the bank a small commission...$300,000 loan over 30 years earns the bank a HUGE profit in interest payments on the 30 year loan.

In fact, on a fixed current US interest rate of 4.50% for 30 year terms, the bank stands to make $405,000 PROFIT on the transaction with you in addition to the $300,000 capital amount.

More paid back in interest than the original loan amount totalled? You are by far the financially juiciest proposition.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

WoW, more Yanksters complaining about the fact they're getting YANKSTERED by the CHINESE - a taste of their own medicine - with a bone-crushing, herbal twist... Laughable really.. They'll probably buy you up and ASSET STRIP YOUR ASSES, Yanksters - if they don't, they're more ethical business peeps than half of the YANKSTERS out there... No offence, I know it wasn't you ATS guys... CHINKSTERS RULE OK!! No offence nice Chinese people, I'm not talking about you either.. Good gangster illiterations though. I'm pretty sure I'm the only user of the word "Yankster" cos I made it up, never read it anywhere else... God I'm a DICK!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well that's what happens when a country knows how to run itself. China will rule the world one day due to the fact that they will control everything because they have billions of people to focus on business. China never invades anyone except Tibet. They don't involve themselves in as corporate mercenaries through out the world. Cause they do financial takeovers. Bloodless smart and effective. They will probably take over much of Africa as well in the next century. Seen the cities they have built already throughout the Sudan?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by truthseeker84

You found your dream house around $200,000, $300,000, well good, how are you going to pay for it? Put down 30% down payment and finance the rest on a 30 year fixed loan? That's great, the Chinese dude from overseas just tossed the bank $300,000 cash. I'm talking about $300,000 in cash, bidding for the house against me.

Guess who the banks are going to sell the house to? The guy who's trying to work hard and try to pay off a huge loan or some rich guy who can just afford to pay off the entire house now?

Honestly?

You.

You're the MUCH better investment from the bank's point of view.

$300,000 slapped on the cashiers counter earns the bank a small commission...$300,000 loan over 30 years earns the bank a HUGE profit in interest payments on the 30 year loan.

In fact, on a fixed current US interest rate of 4.50% for 30 year terms, the bank stands to make $405,000 PROFIT on the transaction with you in addition to the $300,000 capital amount.

More paid back in interest than the original loan amount totalled? You are by far the financially juiciest proposition.

Though it is mathematically sound, that is not what happens though.

Technically speaking, you are absolutely right and that's how all banks makes money. However, then why is it that I've been losing bids to these overseas buyers?

If the bank can really make more money off of you, then why would they take the cash instead?

Well, I believe the "What If" factor contributes a lot to their decision making. I mean, what if you can't pay off the loan. What if the economy just gets worse and worse in the near future and you'll eventually cave?

To be quite honest, that is just my guess, I really don't know why. The reality of the matter is, I'm not landing houses.

edit on 8/15/2013 by truthseeker84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The truth of the matter is, there is only one really way for America to correct its financial issues. That is to bring our jobs back home. People need to stand up against Chinese goods. we need to let our congressmen know that we dont stand for outsourcing. We need to stop buying Chinese crap plain and simple.

Tell everyone you know to stop buying Chinese goods, read packages before you buy things. Do a little research before you make any purchases. The more you support American products the more the company's can expand and bring jobs back here.

The only real way to spurt economic growth is to support your economy in its entirety. Every time you make purchases where the money goes to foreign countries you support the devaluation of the dollar.

We need to keep our american dollars in America, we need to support our own country and bring it back from the brink of collapse. This is something that every american must do to stave off the all time low we are in right now.

Its clear that if we wait for our politicians to do something it will be too little too late. We the people for the people. We are in ultimate control not the other way around.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Take everything your saying about China go back 20 years and say it about Japan. Both were at the same economic point and both will have the same correction. How quickly we forget our history. Japan buys up America

It wasn't exactly the same. Japan was buying privately based on leveraging extreme price to asset ratios in their domestic stock market and their domestic property market. That was unstable.

China is paying with cash and from government-controlled entities.

Japan has 150 million people, China has 1.5 billion.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by OrionHunterX

# China is the number one gold producer in the world.

I was not aware you can produce gold (unless you spend more in energy than the gold is worth) do the chinese use a cheaper form of energy than the rest of the world?

Why do people on ATS respond like this? I see responses like this in threads all over. Do people really need obvious stuff spelled out for them 24/7? Or do you just like to see your avatar on the PC screen?

Clearly he means by way of mining.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The China threat is so last decade. They are essentially proving to be Japan 2.0. First off, their corporate debt is 151% (and growing) of GDP. This is the highest in the world. Consumption as a percent of GDP has continued its decline from 45% in 2000, to just over 30% today. Meanwhile, fixed investing today equates to roughly 50% of GDP in China.

Fixed investments add the most to Chinas artificially inflated GDP number. In fact, no one really trusts economic data coming from China today. Its weird that a county can calculate its entire growth for the year at the beginning of each and every year year...and still have it remain unchanged at the end of the year. Yet China does it. Additionally, Chinas national growth figure is well below all the provincial data (which itself is not to be trusted). As Li Keqiang, head of the Communist Party in northeastern Liaoning province is quoted as saying from wikileaks "GDP data is man mad and unreliable. It is only used for reference only."

Every-time I hear about China, its usually from the people who understand it the least. Take this into consideration. The stock market is usually a good measure as to how well an economy is doing. When times are good, the stock market booms. When times are not so good, the stock market retracts and/or stays stagnant. Over the past decade, Chinas GDP has QUADRUPLED, but the actual Chinese stock market today has remained stagnant and sluggish (down 40% from its high in late 2007). This is not indicative and a vibrant growing, sustainable economy.

Now add in that China faces a MASSIVE demographic imbalance (50 million more men than women), a rapidly aging population (aging faster than the US and Europe) with no social safety net in place for retirement, environmental degradation that is expected to cost the country 2-3% of future GDP growth, runaway inflation (real inflation in China is likely around 6%, not the 2% figure the CCP keeps on saying)...all this and much much more. (those really are the least of their problems at this point) Suffice to say that most people have no idea just how bad China really is. It is STILL a developing "third world" country. It will remain this way well into the foreseeable future.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
soon we will be the cheap labor...... wages keep going down cost of living up corporate profits up.. working as intended.
edit on 15-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by penninja
And START Making babies, taking Family seriously and working instead of "rockin out"

Or "peoples war" is going to breed you out of existence....

Look at number 6 in THIS list. It shows a map of the countries who get Paid Maternal leave for Work.

United States and 7 others, (Papua New Guinea being the biggest after USA) DO NO GET PAID MATERNAL LEAVE.

Thanks to new member MonkeyJug for his new thread about those maps.

Wait a minute..... I could have sworn my sister got Paid Leave... maybe some companies in USA get PAID maternal leave?

edit on 8-15-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
China's master plan seems to be working out quite nicely for them. Why would the Chinese be coming when they can use everybody else around them first? I remember the first article I ever read about the 9/11 attacks, it was on a website that basically stated that Islamic militants from China's far west had mastermind the attacks from across the Afghan border in China's Xinjiang province. I've never been able to find that article since the day of the attacks. Another article I read, but unable to find was about China supplying unlimited amounts of weapons and ammo to Afghan insurgents to kill US/British troops since the start of the Afghan invasion. I think things have worked out quite well for them so far, don't you?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
There's a book available on Amazon entitled: "Unrestricted Warfare" that was written in 1999 by two colonels in the People's Liberation Army. It's really worth taking a look at.

Wake up America and stop blaming yourselves for 9/11!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Here's some take from some economist.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by betadaze
China's master plan seems to be working out quite nicely for them. Why would the Chinese be coming when they can use everybody else around them first? I remember the first article I ever read about the 9/11 attacks, it was on a website that basically stated that Islamic militants from China's far west had mastermind the attacks from across the Afghan border in China's Xinjiang province. I've never been able to find that article since the day of the attacks. Another article I read, but unable to find was about China supplying unlimited amounts of weapons and ammo to Afghan insurgents to kill US/British troops since the start of the Afghan invasion. I think things have worked out quite well for them so far, don't you?

The chinese have been quite active in fomenting trouble. They have provided financial and material support to many insurgencies around the world.

They just do it quietly. They do not make big speeches about their actions.

The Chinese have an action plan and they are executing to that plan. The secret to their success so far has been consistency.

The problem with West is that West is always basking in its (past) glory, while it is resorting to short sighted and reactive actions in the present.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by marhaba

There is a lot of speculation that Chinese economy is about to fall etc.

China cannot fall with $3.5T in the bank. It is wishful thinking.

China's real economy is at least 15% less that what they publish. The salaries of most people in China is still quite low.

This talk of China's economy in free fall etc. is just occupation of idle minds.

Chinese productivity is quite good. A lot many economies of Europe and Asia will fall before China's does.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
Wasn't it the Japanese we were worried about owning us back in the 90's?

Least of our problems now huh?

They are their own worst enemies.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Scientists can produce gold in a lab, i was wondering if was refuuring to lab gold and if so had they figured out a way to produce it so there is a profit. I see you added nothing to the conversation but a pointless rant, thanks man

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join