It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call To Avenge Arafat 'Assassination'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Al-Aqsa calls for attacks against Israel which they hold responsible for Arafat�s death. And Hamas say they will continue attacks against Israel.

From: The Australian: Call to avenge Arafat 'assassination'

THE militant Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades urged militants to attack Israel to avenge the "Zionist assassination" of Yasser Arafat, who died hours earlier in a Paris hospital, said a statement received by AFP today.

"Zionist Israel and the government of (Israeli Prime Minister Ariel) Sharon are responsible for the assassination of our leader by putting him under siege," the armed offshoot of Arafat's mainstream Fatah party said.

Announcing a state of high-alert across the Palestinian territories, it called on people to "hit out and strike the occupation everywhere. This crime will not go without punishment."

They claim that Israel�s siege caused Arafat�s death.

"The loss of the great leader will increase our determination and steadfastness to continue Jihad and resistance against the Zionist enemy until victory and liberation is achieved," Hamas said in statement.

The militant Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades also urged militants to attack Israel to avenge the "Zionist assassination" of Yasser Arafat, who died hours earlier in a Paris hospital, said a statement received by AFP.

Related News links:
The Australian: Call to avenge Arafat 'assassination'
NEWS.com.au: Call to avenge Arafat 'assassination'
ABC Online News: Hamas vows to keep up attacks
Xinhuanet: Sharon responsible for Arafat's death: Jihad

Related ATSNN-stories and ATS-threads:
You can find a list of links on this page

[edit on 2004/11/11 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

And the violence have begun. Several have been killed already. I see no reason to believe that the violence will decrease. This will probably be a bloody night. As soon as the news about Arafat�s death broke in Gaza they started firing grenades and shooting with machineguns against the israeli troops guarding the Netzarim-settlement. These pictures are from Hebron where about 400 palestinians were throwing stones against the israeli troops.

AFP PHOTO/EITAN ABRAMOVICH

[edit on 2004/11/11 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Al-Aqsa is one of the main reasons I think Palistinian people will never have peace. These guys are a bunch of idiots! To Al-Aqsa: Your leader wouldnt have been hloed up of he were not a proponent of fighting the bad fight. These guys need to quit whining and move on. The have a new leader in mind that will probably do them good if they can keep thier heads together.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here we go...

If you're looking for Arafat's assassin, I can give you his name...

"Father Time"

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hamas and the PLO should look out!!

Israel might take the US actions in Fallujah as the green light to clean house in Palistine if things start to get out of control.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Helmutt, are you Australian or Norweigan (remembered from another post)?. You use a lot of Australian news sources in your research.

This was bound to happen. Hatred is so strong that Arafat could have died at 100 and claims that he was murdered would still be made.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Really terrorists these days are completly irrational. It's like there itching to blow stuff up for no apparent reason. So who wants to blame this on Bush?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
So who wants to blame this on Bush?

Here we have a civil thread discussing a recent event regarding Arafats death and the impact it will have on the Israel/Palestine conflict and for absolutelry no reason but to inflame the thread, who should mention Bush? A republican.

I urge you to ignore him and carry on.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Sorry, I was just joking about how some how this will relate to the US. My apologies for getting of topic.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Helmutt, are you Australian or Norweigan (remembered from another post)?. You use a lot of Australian news sources in your research.

I�m norwegian. I usually work at night and when it�s night here it�s day in Australia. Australian news sources are usually more up-to-date when I�m awake. I�ve also found them to be very quick with Breaking news.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Even if Arafat was on a sandy beach and died, these nuts would blame Isreal. Hell if there was definte proof and Hamas and all of these millitant nutcases were shown it, they would still blame Isreal. Personaly I think these guys are going to use Arafat's death just as an excuse to attack Isreal.

And yeah its because of these guys, that Palestine will never have peace. If the people of Palestine would just realize that Hamas and these other groups are making it worse, maybe then maybe the USA will get in there and try to set up peace. Get rid of Hamas and theother terrorists in Palestine and then peace can begin.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Again the key phrase: "the USA will get in".

The USA has nor the responsibility nor the mandate to establish world peace on its terms.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Follow-up to my rather terse last post... I think that now what is needed is for Ariel Sharon to leave power. A few years ago, he publicly voiced that his government had been considering whether to "isolate" or "liquidate" Arafat. I'm not surprised that a good number of Palestinians resent him for that. I believe that with a new leadership on both sides, new hopes for peace can arise. But in my view, Sharon and his current government are just in the way.

As for the U.S., I think it could play a very good role as a "honest broker", by holding BOTH sides accountable in the peace process.

new topics

top topics

join