It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crushed and obliterated

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

It is with a bitter heart and great sorrow, that I announce to animal lovers,
all who read these words.Yesterday, Sunday August eleventh, do to intervertebral
disc failure in our darling dachshund Daphnee. That so suddenly and without warning
caused her to lose the use of her hind legs and progressive paralysis. Where upon my
wife saw her to the animal clinic. And did soon learn the best thing we could do
for her. Was to put her down. And so that is what we did. I can't begin to describe the
loss we who were loved by her and whom in return loved her, are feeling right now.

What I can tell you, speaking for myself only. Is that I am crushed and my feelings
are obliterated beyond anything, I could ever have imagined, a little dog could do to
me.

Bite the boy !

I did not welcome Daphnee, when my wife and her daughter, defied me and broght her home.
But my protest was only because I knew yesterday would surely come. I just never dreamed
it would come so suddenly and in only six all to short years. As it turns out, my wife was so
right. As just knowing her love for first my wife Linda, then our boy Josh, Samantha and our
cat Sox is more than worth the sadness and pain that fills my heart now.

But she loved me on top of all that. And my life was made rich
by this lil sweetheart treasure of a dog. That in my selfishness and fear
wanted no part of. And so I must say thank you to my wife, I love you
and your difiance. And thank you my sweet lil girl Daphnee, for the valuable
lesson you taught me so well. And you were the only bitch who ever nawed
a hole in my underwear. I will never forget you my sweet. Your Mama
loves you and I love you

RIP Daphnee, you are sorely missed.

edit on 13-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So sorry for your loss man, I know exactly where you are. Isn't it funny how they become so much a part of our lives? My wife and I have 3 dogs now after losing our Mastiff Oscar 3 years ago to cancer. We put him through chemo and everything trying to buy some time but it didn't get him much. We got all of our dogs because of my wife's insistence, with me kicking and screaming. But in the end they are like our kids.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss. Losing a dog is terrible, and the pain of losing a best friend never really goes away. You never forget about your friend, you simply learn to live without them. After some time has passed, I find relief in sharing the love I had for the last dog with a new one, and go out and find a loving companion to adopt.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

(((HUG))) - not really much, but I feel for you. I know how hard it is to lose a much loved animal that way. Still miss our old Rottie mix, that we had to put down due to multiple painful health issues. Still miss the cat that had to go because some jerk left antifreeze out. Let yourself grieve all you need.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Friend,

I am sorry for your loss. I have been there and it is heart breaking. On a good note I have a pure bread double dapple dachshund that is 3 years old. His name is Cricket and he needs a good home. I am going through some bad times with child support and what not and I am not home enough to pay attention to my dog. He is a very well behaved dog and is up to date on everything. I would be willing to give him to you for absolutely nothing and I spent a pretty penny on him when he was just a pup. If it could help you and your family it would be a free gift and I would have the ease of knowing he is in a good home. He is well trained and tells you when he wants to go outside to potty and also listens when you tell him to kennel up and go lay down. He thinks sit means stay but he will stay as long as you tell him lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Aw, I'm so sorry to hear this. That's awful news.

Beautifully pictures there though so thanks for posting them, and I'm so, so very sorry for your loss once again. Just terrible.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randy I am so sorry you have lost a part of your family, because our furry friends often become just as big of a part of our lives as our human compadres and when we lose them it is heart breaking. You have my sympathy and an ear if you need it my friend. Hugs, D

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
As someone who has lost many beloved animals over the years, I have to say that I know exactly what you and your family are going through. My deepest sympathy for your loss. Your sweet little girl is probably running beneath tall trees, a blue sky and bright sun. She knows how much she is loved and loves you back.

Hold onto your memories as they are precious reminders of your time, love and laughter together.

edit on 13-8-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidWalker
reply to post by randyvs

Friend,

I am sorry for your loss. I have been there and it is heart breaking. On a good note I have a pure bread double dapple dachshund that is 3 years old. His name is Cricket and he needs a good home. I am going through some bad times with child support and what not and I am not home enough to pay attention to my dog. He is a very well behaved dog and is up to date on everything. I would be willing to give him to you for absolutely nothing and I spent a pretty penny on him when he was just a pup. If it could help you and your family it would be a free gift and I would have the ease of knowing he is in a good home. He is well trained and tells you when he wants to go outside to potty and also listens when you tell him to kennel up and go lay down. He thinks sit means stay but he will stay as long as you tell him lol.

We do realize a space has opened up in the perfect home for a canine.
The right to choosing a new dog goes to our youngest boy. As I meant
what I said about the lesson Daphnee taught me. The loving offer you've
made will be put in front of him. If you can post a pic, that would help and
we'll go from there ? No guarantees, but how very kind of you. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
― Will Rogers

“The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven not man's.”
― Mark Twain

“You think those dogs will not be in heaven! I tell you they will be there long before any of us.”
― Robert Louis Stevenson

“. . . owning a dog always ended with this sadness because dogs just don't live as long as people do.”
― John Grogan

“Dogs are minor angels, and I don't mean that facetiously. They love unconditionally, forgive immediately, are the truest of friends, willing to do anything that makes us happy, etcetera. If we attributed some of those qualities to a person we would say they are special. If they had ALL of them, we would call them angelic. But because it's "only" a dog, we dismiss them as sweet or funny but little more. However when you think about it, what are the things that we most like in another human being? Many times those qualities are seen in our dogs every single day-- we're just so used to them that we pay no attention.”
― Jonathan Carroll

“Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really.”
― Agnes Sligh Turnbull

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You are all so very kind.
I just love this place for it's human beings. It never matters what I come here to do.
Vent, rant, act crazy at some lunacy in the world, joke or cry. I'm alway accepted
and embraced. I've been convinced since the first six months I registered here. That
a large percent of the best people the world has known, are right here. You've all
enforced that conviction. You have no idea what your posts mean to me. They do
help.

Sincerely, thank you

Randy

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can't begin to describe the loss we who were loved by her and whom in return loved her, are feeling right now.

I can understand completely and I feel for you all, I have not been able to let go my sorrow for years now it still hits me when I am doing something where we shared a pleasant place in the yard or favorite time in the sun.

yes i am here with tears running now, enya sinced that.
Hugs
edit on 13-8-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh mate

Gutted for you, truly gutted

Losing a pet is a terrible thing indeed

My heart goes out to you. I remember the loss of my last dog and still feel the pain

But the memories are priceless

Cody

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
My heart goes out to you. I had a scare with my 10 year old pug a few months back and thankfully she turned out to be ok . Losing an animal is akin to losing a family member and my condolences go out to you and your family

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

It is with a bitter heart and great sorrow, that I announce to animal lovers,
all who read these words.Yesterday, Sunday August eleventh, do to intervertebral
disc failure in our darling dachshund Daphnee. That so suddenly and without warning
caused her to lose the use of her hind legs and progressive paralysis. Where upon my
wife saw her to the animal clinic. And did soon learn the best thing we could do
for her. Was to put her down. And so that is what we did. I can't begin to describe the
loss we who were loved by her and whom in return loved her, are feeling right now.

What I can tell you, speaking for myself only. Is that I am crushed and my feelings
are obliterated beyond anything, I could ever have imagined, a little dog could do to
me.

Bite the boy !

I did not welcome Daphnee, when my wife and her daughter, defied me and broght her home.
But my protest was only because I knew yesterday would surely come. I just never dreamed
it would come so suddenly and in only six all to short years. As it turns out, my wife was so
right. As just knowing her love for first my wife Linda, then our boy Josh, Samantha and our
cat Sox is more than worth the sadness and pain that fills my heart now.

But she loved me on top of all that. And my life was made rich
by this lil sweetheart treasure of a dog. That in my selfishness and fear
wanted no part of. And so I must say thank you to my wife, I love you
and your difiance. And thank you my sweet lil girl Daphnee, for the valuable
lesson you taught me so well. And you were the only bitch who ever nawed
a hole in my underwear. I will never forget you my sweet. Your Mama
loves you and I love you

RIP Daphnee, you are sorely missed.

There is nothing harder to me than losing an animal friend. Their losses are more impacting than family members even. I had a beautiful fawn doberman for the past 10 years, but last December I came home one day and he was unable to walk. He had a similar vertabrae problem, a slipped disc, or compressed disc, caused compression in his neck vertabrae and caused neurological damaged causing him to lose function in his back, and then front legs later that day. We had to put him down as well, and that was over 8 months ago, and I still feel the heartbreak as if it happened yesterday. I was so used to him sleeping in my bed every night, that some nights I'll wake up late and just feel nothing but his loss and be consumed by sadness. It sucks more than anything I know, and I lost my dad 5 years ago, and Khan's loss has made an even deeper impact on me I think, as hard as that is to say. It's true.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Bless your heart! So sorry about the loss of your little friend!

But I know animals go to Heaven and will be there waiting for us.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

There is nothing harder to me than losing an animal friend. Their losses are more impacting than family members even. I had a beautiful fawn doberman for the past 10 years, but last December I came home one day and he was unable to walk. He had a similar vertabrae problem, a slipped disc, or compressed disc, caused compression in his neck vertabrae and caused neurological damaged causing him to lose function in his back, and then front legs later that day. We had to put him down as well, and that was over 8 months ago, and I still feel the heartbreak as if it happened yesterday. I was so used to him sleeping in my bed every night, that some nights I'll wake up late and just feel nothing but his loss and be consumed by sadness. It sucks more than anything I know, and I lost my dad 5 years ago, and Khan's loss has made an even deeper impact on me I think, as hard as that is to say. It's true.

Almost word for word these words we share.
I believe it's easier to see animals as a sort of light shine out of Heaven to Earth.
Much easier than we humans of less innocence. And if what I'm saying
makes innocence a light ? And if we accept light as truth ?
Well then, let it shine ?

reply to post by AshleyD

Bless your heart! So sorry about the loss of your little friend! But I know animals go to Heaven and will be there waiting for us.

Thank you Ashley. I'm gonna be awhile on this one.:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by randyvs

Bless your heart! So sorry about the loss of your little friend!

But I know animals go to Heaven and will be there waiting for us.

i agree with Ashley, when the go, God has them tucked away somewhere special with lots of bones and steaks and balls to chase and a sun to lie in while they wait for us.
Im so sorry for you Randy, you made me cry. my eldest dog ollie, a bichon, is 14, hes lost his sight, and i dread the day.... well you know. The curse of the animal lover. Take care, your child is beautiful btw.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Take care, your child is beautiful btw.

Josh ? Oh he's gonna love reading that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join