It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First post. Not entirely sure how this works. I have some interesting UFO footage though.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Footage taken at 2 a.m. central time on 8/11/13 while observing Perseid meteor shower in Urbandale, Iowa. Will post more information and video url's in the "aliens and ufo's" forum after I make 20 posts.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EcakCake

original footage: www.youtube.com...

at 12.5% speed, color saturation intensified: www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

forgot i made some posts on this account a while back, so technically this is not my first post. reguardless...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

You copy the numbers and letters at the end of the "=" in the videos URL, click the "VID: YOUTUBE" button when typing your post and paste what you copied into the provided field.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

thanks. here's my account of what happened:

At around 2 a.m. on August 11th, 2013, me and 4 friends walked out to a field by my cousin's neighborhood to observe the Perseid meteor shower. We saw a few meteors go bye, but after a few minutes something else caught our eyes. In an otherwise starless area of the sky there was a light resembling a star, but it was blinking and moving about in various patterns. At this point we became rather paranoid. I took my video camera out of my bag and started filming. The object continued blinking and changing patterns for roughly five minutes. The paranoia increased until we decided to leave. On the way back to my cousin's house, I noticed that another light had appeared next to the first. The original one blinked, then the other, then the first one again, like they were communicating. Other witnesses claim that they saw up to 4 ufo's walking back to the house. We made it back and tried to rationalize the situation by watching "Cosmos with Carl Sagan" while the footage imported. Upon enhancing and slowing down the video, we saw that the object had been changing colors multiple times per second. Paranoia increased further. At around 4 a.m. two people from the original group of witnesses went to go hang out on the back porch. When they came inside, they said that out of the clouds, one of the ufo's returned. Both claim that the object moved in sequence with the movements they made. Those who were still awake spent the next few hours restless and disturbed, waiting for daylight.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I watched for 36 seconds.

Looks to be like someone with shaky hands trying to film a star.

Then pass it off as something else.

Good lord.
edit on 13-8-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

please watch the slowed down version before dismissing this.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The slowed down version just makes it look like a bug.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
i was out last night watching the meteors from cardiff in the uk, i also watched a ufo for about 10 minutes. i didn't bother trying to film it as i don't have the equipment to do so, however i saw multiple flashes from this particular ufo (no they weren't lights from a plane, as a person with over 350 flying hours i think i recognise them by now) before it extinguished it's light and disappeared.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

sounds very similar. any thoughts on the footage?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It looks like a Star to me too , I see no evidence that it is moving and it appears to stay in the same place in relation to the street lights when the focus fulls out , the only movement I see is from the camera ..

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

yes. you clearly have better cameras than i do! i've seen hundreds of ufos so they don't really phaze me any more

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

indeed, movement did not translate to camera very well. 2:03 on the original video is the best footage of it moving, unfortunately. i find the slow motion footage more interesting.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Just did. Looks the same. Someone focusing in on star with shaky hands,except slowed down.

Sorry dude,there's nothing here.

Just my opinion of course.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

i respect your opinion. no thoughts on the color changing? 1:35 - 2:02 on the 12.5% speed video?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

no thoughts on the color changing?

Its called scintillation and is caused by the Stars light passing through our atmosphere .

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Oh thats a much better answer.
I kept thinking it was a raver playing with a multi colored glow stick.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

thanks for the info.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
scintillation seems likely.. still.... really wish the movement had been captured better. we had a stargazing app open at the time and it wasn't any star or planet, so i'm unsure. anyway, other witnesses from that night went to look for more ufo's a few hours ago and claim to have seen more developments. Here is the text i got from one of them about what they saw:

It came back right after I sent that. Couldn't get good footage, though. It was too dark. But while it was in the sky, I saw two rapid flashes of light about 150 feet in front of us. **** thought he saw something moving down there at the same time. The flashes came from opposite directions out of the woods on either side, and they were both shining on the same spot. That's when we got sketched out and left with the ufo still in the sky. We could see it really well through binoculars, too. It looked like there was one rotating part on the front.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Looks like fireflys

youtu.be...

edit on 13-8-2013 by Gissel because: Fixed link

<<   2  3 >>

join