It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day The World Moved : Countries are out of place

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hello ,

For a long time now I have been biting my tongue in fear of being ridiculed , whilst at the same time paying attention to the posters all over the internet describing how they think countries have moved around some .

Now , I`m no genius , but I`m not an idiot either .

I do not believe in different timelines , which seems to be the favourite explanation for this ... and it seems that a lot of people think certain countries were in different places . The main country in question is New Zealand , many people seem to be saying it was to the south west of OZ and has moved to the other side .... however ... I remember New Zealand being to the North East of Australia .. and Australia its self was nowhere near Papua New Guinea .

Now , if you float around the internet you will find quite a few people that claim OZ and New Zealand have moved ...... but I also have a problem with Europe and America .

From what I remember , the Netherlands and Germany were East - slightly northeast of England ... Hungary was to the west of Germany and closer to England ... France was not on the German border (what the flying monkey f***) Sweden Norway and Finland were not as large as they are now ... and now the Baltic sea is where Germany should be .

It gets crazier .

America seems to have moved south and tilted clockwise . I remember if you drew a line directly east from New York you would cross through Scotland .

Greenland is oversized and has moved south along with Iceland .

I expect people to try and trash me .... but I`d like a conversation on this since I honestly do not know what the hell is going on here and I`m tired of sitting in silence .

Has anyone else noticed similar changes to the globe ? If so , do you have any old schoolwork or something where you yourself hand drew Europe , America , OZ .... you know , from geography classes or something ?

I myself have no old schoolwork , and I know for a fine fact that I had to draw different countries when I was at school , and specifically remember Europe being completely different to what it is today , and New Zealand being north east of Oz .

If you think I`m nuts then you`re not the only one , I`m starting to think that myself to be honest.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i have noticed greenland was well oversized but new zealand is always where i remember it and the same with america
but australia does seem to have moved a little west

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Depends on what map projection you're using; and thank you for the opportunity to post this link again; I love this West Wing clip:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Moved a little west ? .. thanks .

From what i see it looks like Oz has moved North West , i don't remember it being anywhere near Papua New Guinea , infact i remember Oz being completely surrounded by open sea .

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthiestJesus
reply to post by geobro

Moved a little west ? .. thanks .

From what i see it looks like Oz has moved North West , i don't remember it being anywhere near Papua New Guinea , infact i remember Oz being completely surrounded by open sea .

yip that is what i remember as well from school maps

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the countries moving, but the size issues could depend on the map you're viewing. Countries near the poles, for example Canada and Greenland, look a lot larger due to the Mercator projection.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Never saw that clip before , thanks

All projections show the same positioning of the countries i have noticed , i agree that sizes vary on different maps but I've never seen Germany slide onto the French border before .

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

Canada is the second largest country in the world.... It doesn't just look big, it is.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I didn't say it was not large, I said it appears larger than it actually is.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Funny that you bring this up as just the other day i was thinking that australia used to be a lot
more isolated than it is. I put it down to being more dumb in my youth, but who knows you may be on to something.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I agree with you on Papua New Guinea, Australia and New Zealand

edit on 12-8-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ed it on 12-8-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Serious question for the OP.... If you do not believe in alternate timelines, then how would you explain the issue you and others like you have with the current map of the World?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 001ggg100
Serious question for the OP.... If you do not believe in alternate timelines, then how would you explain the issue you and others like you have with the current map of the World?

Honestly ......... i have no idea . But the thought of alternate timelines doesn`t slide with me since nothing seems to have changed historically ... from what i can see . Hitler , Stalin , Kings Queens , Politicians , wars ... everything seems to be the same apart from the positioning of the countries .

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

That's a great clip signalfire, thanks. It's probably the most demonstrable and realistic answer to 95% or more of the moving landmass issues.

Even as a believer in multiple timelines I've never been able to visualize what type of catastrophic event could move a continental landmass.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AthiestJesus

...Fair enough. Personally, the Continents and Countries are where they should be... From what I remember... So I am just going to throw this out there... Maybe you are mixing up two memories.... Or this is an alternate reality... Same History, somewhat different map...?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 001ggg100
reply to post by AthiestJesus

...Fair enough. Personally, the Continents and Countries are where they should be... From what I remember... So I am just going to throw this out there... Maybe you are mixing up two memories.... Or this is an alternate reality... Same History, somewhat different map...?

Maybe , but I can`t allow myself to fall down that rabbit hole without searching for some kind of confirmation first .
I specifically remember the position of NZ and OZ , along with European countries . Obviously some little details are different since the travel times to and from Germany have been dramatically reduced
so WWII should have played out differently but for some reason it did not .

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm a northeast New Zealander as well. My gf went there in high school and I had to look at a map to see where it was located. It was definitely NE of Australia, which was farther away from southeast Asia.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This is one of the accurate maps of the world...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

signalfire
Depends on what map projection you're using; and thank you for the opportunity to post this link again; I love this West Wing clip:

At the risk of being off-topic -- oh hell, if anyone can do it I can...

That's one of my favorite West Wing moments also.

Ah... West Wing... Political fantasy. If only...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join