It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - Obama’s Former Adviser Says BS On leno Comment That NSA Doesn’t Spy On Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Van Jones, a staunch supporter of Obama, has put his foot down and told it like it is to CNN. Yes we do have a domestic spying program, and it has been going on for 6 years.

Although this isn't news to us, sometimes it is news when you get to hear it from the MSM. And from someone who thinks Obama is better than apple pie. As much I have frowned on Van Jones in the past, I give him credit for his convictions.

At the same time Van Jones also called BS on Obama's statement that Snowden could have gone a different route on whistleblowing. Van Jones states that Obama's administration is in fact hostile to whistleblowers. And that Obama prosecutes more whistlebowers than all the previous presidents combined.

Another thing he states is that this is bigger than another Obama scandal, and that we should not be blaming Obama. That this domestic spying program is the collusion of both parties and 3 branches of government. My personal opinion is, no matter what it is, our president should not be lying to us while using a national TV program as his platform for his propaganda..

My question is, does Jones know extra information through his years working as an adviser? Perhaps he should be our next whistleblower? Since anyone can make such statements, but actual testimony before congress with first hand knowledge is a whole other ballgame. Notice how he places Obama and Bush in the same category and also comments on extraordinary inter government turmoil.

Jones also mentioned something that makes sense. These issues will get ironed out in the wash with the next presidential election if nothing else. I certainly hope we don't have to wait this long though.

The FBI and National Security Agency have been mining Internet servers, searching for e-mails, videos and other documents under a program code-named PRISM for six years.

First, let me be clear: I am an opponent of PRISM. As a matter of first principles, I oppose overreaching, unaccountable spy programs.

Even as a former Obama administration official, I am always willing, when necessary, to constructively criticize the White House on matters of national importance.

There are "state powers versus civil liberties" fights happening within both parties. Presidents Obama and Bush line up on one side, together. On the other side are such strange bedfellows as Sens. Ron Wyden, D-Oregon; Rand Paul, R-Kentucky; and Jeff Merkley, D-Oregon.

In the Democratic primary and during the 2016 convention, champions of civil liberties will certainly challenge Obama pragmatists over government spying. This will be especially true if Vice President Joe Biden and/or former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton seek the presidency.

Spying issue won't go away

edit on 12-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Obama is a hostage, given a script and sticks to it.. with 2 daughters who wouldn't? This is why, imho, a President should be a man without a family, kids, etc..

It flabbergasts me how people in one breath can admit to 'puppet masters/behind the curtain/elites/' really running things..

then in the same breath..... BLAME OBAMA!!!

facepalm is an understatement.

deniers? google Jesse Ventura visit after becoming governor..

EVERYONE gets visited..

Van has Obama's back behind the scenes.. and this is how stuff gets out.. IMHO, Obama is acting very well and in his own way, thwarting the Zionists * as much as possible.

* I am jewish.. don't even try the anti-Semite nonsense..

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

It's truly a sad day when even some of 'Obama's best' turn.

I bet 'ol Van is just sour grapes because he ain't been 'a cash'n in on any of the recent scandals

He is jealous.

I wonder how much he got paid for this future CNN Academy Award nomination ?

btw, Van Jones is a Yale Law School 'graduate', and he is an admitted commie, and he is an international green con artist.

But he is

I think the global warming is taking its toll on him.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Well no crap it's BS.

No one believes what Obama said save perhaps his worshippers.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

It flabbergasts me how people in one breath can admit to 'puppet masters/behind the curtain/elites/' really running things..

then in the same breath..... BLAME OBAMA!!!

No one forced him to run for president, that put him the position he is in, the position he wanted, puppet masters or not, he owns it.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Googled the Jesse Ventura video. Stunning. I came to the same conclusion that Marchinko did. No one expected Ventura to be elected.

Surprise! Americans are sick of the political machine in this country. They'll vote for anyone who represents its antithesis.

Thanks for the referral. It was a welcome confirmation of the corruption in this country. It is amazing to me that TPTB are so stupid they don't see the discontent right under their noses.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It flabbergasts me how people in one breath can admit to 'puppet masters/behind the curtain/elites/' really running things.. then in the same breath..... BLAME OBAMA!!!

I am laying in the bad in alot of post surgey pain, but I had to log in just to say you are so right I wish I could high five you!

Obama was hand picked. You don't go from being a nobody to a senator to the president in 8 short years without being willing to be a puppet for some powerful people. He even somehow got reelected when nobody really supports him or his policies.

Did anyone really believe Dubya was running things? The man could barely make a coherent sentence.
edit on 12-8-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

I think people blame anyone who represents a failure to fight the system. He had a choice, just like Eisenhower and JFK, to fight the status quo. Where Ike and Kennedy followed the noble path, Obama took the coward's way out.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Obama is a hostage, given a script and sticks to it.. with 2 daughters who wouldn't? This is why, imho, a President should be a man without a family, kids, etc..

Obama is acting very well and in his own way, thwarting the Zionists * as much as possible.

So that is what the supporters are left with? Poor obama is being threatened and blackmailed. He has to protect his daughters. Pathetic.

So was he forced to run for President? AND forced to run for reelection. I know if "Zionists" are threatening my daughters I'm running again. I know it's difficult admitting a mistake but come on people this is getting ridiculous. Is there anything you won't make an excuse for? obama could hold a news conference and kick puppies for an hour and somehow it wouldn't be his fault.

Just remember all these excuses when the next repub is in office, will you all be sooooo understanding? Hey Bush had daughters too, does he get a pass?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by elouina

It's truly a sad day when even some of 'Obama's best' turn.

I bet 'ol Van is just sour grapes because he ain't been 'a cash'n in on any of the recent scandals

He is jealous.

I wonder how much he got paid for this future CNN Academy Award nomination ?

btw, Van Jones is a Yale Law School 'graduate', and he is an admitted commie, and he is an international green con artist.

But he is

I think the global warming is taking its toll on him.

Yes he is one of Obama's Marxist buddies and former green "czar". (I am still trying to figure out how the US citizens allowed "czars" to be used. It is a title for a supreme ruler or monarch.) Knowing that Jones is a Marxist makes this comment even that much more shocking. Even the commies find Obama's actions disturbing.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My views on the subject and more:

Obama knew very well what he was getting into. Being a dirty politician beforehand helped him realize what he's getting into. (Anyone remember the pay to play?) He knew the powers that would be granted upon him as a president. Sure, maybe not presidential powers, but more power than any other man in the United States. (I'm talking political power here.) And that in itself is worth the risk to his daughters and himself in his eyes I'm sure.

So bowing to his masters is something he was willing to do, and this is why I also blame Obama. He's had numerous chances to do the right thing, but he didn't. The wiretapping Bush put into play? Obama voted to keep it...

And here's where I think we're getting into some form of mental illness. No one, and I mean NO ONE is dumb enough to believe that when Snowden blew the top off the NSA coverup, that anyone would believe anyone who claims the spying isn't really going on. It's been plastered on the news!

I don't like Obama, but he isn't dumb. Which leads me to believe that he's started drinking his own cool aide.

top topics

join