It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is just a dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”
― Bill Hicks
www.goodreads.com...

This is a NDE experience I had in my late teens around 20yrs ago.

I woke up in a cave, seated amongst friends, we were consciously lucidly dreaming this life. This life is a dream and our own higher selves dream us. In a fractal holographic game model reality we are, of course, both avatar and gamer.

As above, so below.

It/I was realer than real. Just like us to our dreams was that to this. It was so very much realer and this existence was a pale reflection, literally a dream. Only moments had passed there in my entire life here. My friends there said to me that I didn’t have to do this (wake there), but it felt to me like I had to, somewhat disconcerting at the time. We have choices and God gives us a destiny, it’s up to us to follow it.

I felt so much better there, I can’t describe the relief. We need to awaken here, in these bodies.

And what else did I learn. All is well, nothing could ever possibly be really wrong with anything, at the core of everything, perfection. Everything is fine. This was gnosis, an internal knowing, not just a thought or idea. I’m absolutely sure of this although it often doesn’t seem that way from here.

My experience seems to match certain esoteric and scientific knowledge.

Thanks for listening.

Oh, and go merrily, merrily.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
As a youth I had this feeling, it reminds me of Pink Floyd. Perhaps you felt or feel the same?

“When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse, out of the corner of my eye, I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now, the child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. “

I read some sort of new age psych book where the guy described exactly this feeling to, but I couldn’t find it again at the library. Like being on the edge of some amazing vast mysterious discovery but not quite being able to get there. He said this feeling was prevalent in late teens.

On the edge of wonder you do just that (wonder), and it becomes disquieting, then if you pursue the feeling more, perhaps disturbing and even threatening to internal balance.

This is where it gets strange. Added to this feeling and in relation to it, I had what could maybe be classed as an extreme meditation technique involving self- induced NDE. I in no way condone this technique. It’s dangerous both physically and spiritually. What goes up must come down. Please don’t try it, you could die or go mad.

The physical dangers of occasional unconsciousness are seen in the damage taken by boxers etc. The mental and spiritual risks are even worse.

I wasn’t sure about sharing this because of the danger but feel it might hopefully help (mods, if you decide otherwise I will not be offended and will remove this second post).

From around the age of 13 my friends and I would occasionally make each other pass out, by hyperventilating, then squeezing the arteries from behind, stopping the blood flow in the brain. I would awaken with a strange sense of dislocation, not know who or where I was or what had happened for a few seconds. Always people laughing at you when you woke, unconscious people do look funny, but it didn’t feel good to wake here and for a moment at least it seemed distinctly unreal.

Fast forward to the age of 18 and I would awaken and faintly remember being somewhere else, like trying to recall a dream but not being quite able. This life did not seem real and that vague wisp of a memory somehow was. I then acquired almost a compulsion to remember the dream, associated with the feeling of immanent…something missing, to the point it hurt my head as I mentioned.

Anyway around a year later after reading some carl c I decided to add a shamanistic ritual element to the passing out in an effort to remember- I woke up.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
And the price I payed….besides waking back up here…

An other part of us is the animus/daemon and if you do this then you may face the dark beast. Do not run, it will eat you and you will go nuts, Waylon’s infraction, like having a dream and never waking up. Interestingly I have discussed this with two schizophrenic guys that have confirmed that this, just the monster part, not the deliberate passing out, happened to them. They were never the same again. One dangerously violent and in and out of mental institutions, one a cold blooded killer.

It’s just your natural instincts and drives, it’s you, realise this and it cannot hurt you. Until then stay still, do not move. Would you run if there was a growling lion in your face? This is worse. If you run and it eats you, you will become the predator, and your normal waking consciousness will be trapped in a self-created hell.

Anyway that seems to be about it, from long ago, in this reverse journey where I first had intrinsic understanding and am only now finding the words, faith and logic to chart my path back home.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by primalfractal

Yeah, that's the stuff isn't it. With tripping you get these insights, but can you bring them back down? That's the challenge. I remember crossing thresholds in certain trips to higher planes. I remember being in a bad accident, and just going into a white light, high above my pain until I came back down to the hospital and my broken bones. Same place, really.

I don't trip much anymore, but I'm always looking for the substance of those insights. I believe the stuff this world of made of is information, the same as dreams. We're just slowly, inch by inch, figuring this stuff out in science though, looking for a language to describe this universe we're in. The truth is we've just made tiny advances since the dark ages, or since prehistoric times. But inch by inch, we keep moving forward.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Originally posted by tridentblue

but I'm always looking for the substance of those insights. I believe the stuff this world of made of is information, the same as dreams.

I guess the glimpses we get from NDEs etc can point the way...but there not the point. Thanks for sharing your insights, I've come to a similar conclusion myself about this world being composed of symbolic/mandalic info that is contained in the aethric wave field and then collapsed by observation into "solid" and "reality'.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
“Today a young man on good tune realized

edit on 12-8-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
so you got hi and all of a sudden your halusination is real is it? Is that how life works now, ahhhh I see.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I never said I got high, I said I had a self induced NDE, Bill Hicks said the thing about the young man on cid, so you don't see much at all really...including what you might pretend to yourself you have read and understood.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I too have had experience of OBE which was so scary at the time i thought it was more of a NDE.

There are certainly levels of conscience that exist but its for the brain to work out whats going on.

Higher levels are only temporally available through substances that cannot be discussed, extreme pain and near death. It is hard to bring back thought and feelings from these levels - because they do not exist in our conscience domain - and thus any attempts to bring those thoughts or feelings back destroys them and breaks them down making it pointless to try. This I applied to my own experience, i felt everything was explained and i was at peace with not wanting or needing to explore my environment because everything had been explored and i was just left to feel love and freedom - then i come crashing back to the harsh reality of knowing little and not being free.

It would be like giving you the power to think in 4 dimensions, to think of a cube, and then quite cruelly request that you physically make it within a 3D environment. At first you can see your 4D shape and understand it but as you try to make it you get confused as the 3D world you actually live in starts to chip away at your 4D design. Eventually you give up, not because you want to because you have to. The same way a 2D creature with a 3D shape in its mind would face the same problem. At least that is what i tell myself to avoid getting frustrated or too small and insignificant, the place exists in one form or another and one day i will be back - this will have to do

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Cool, we have very similar experiences and the same disappointing aftermath. We are not alone in this as many others have had the same happen, few remember though as you said, but it must ring true to those who have forgotten. I especially liked this bit...

Originally posted by Biigs
the place exists in one form or another and one day i will be back - this will have to do

thanx for the + contribution to this thread

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
We are biological computer machines with calculating abilites that we call consciousness we are not consciousness there is no consciousness, only perception. There is no afterlife you were created for slave work, Just like we have robots do you think their consciousness will reside to an afterlife.. get real folks...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by justrandom

hello justrandom, welcome to ATS. I agree with the slave part and the question of robots having a soul is interesting as their complexity increases. Some believe there is an afterlife but that to is compromised...like in the Matrix, you wake up and its just another higher level of control by the machine. As far as what happened to me, I'm not sure that's where you go when you die because I didn't die, just that it seemed a lot realer than "reality" to me.

Telling me to "get real" about this is funny because I had this realer than real experience which is subjectively truth for me and your assumption that no afterlife exists is just unfounded opinion with no basis other than misconstrued logic and nihilistic assumption. for some sort of logical understanding of consciousness I suggest you have a look at www.abovetopsecret.com... or similar threads by science peeps.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Great thread, OP.

You may be interested in reading this new book. It answers all the questions of what's going on here, and what happens in the afterlife once we die.

You can read a few chapters on the Amazon site to see if you are interested:
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376400291&sr=1-1&keywords=the+afterlife+of +billy+fingers

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

This is why I would rather stay awake in my dreams, it always feels more real in my dreams than being awake here. I go to the same place all the time, but I can never really explain it. I have tried to draw it to show it to people but I can never do it. I just get a blank in my mind when I try to draw it. I have seen images that come close to it but nothing is ever exactly like where I go.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks

The book does look interesting, added it to my list. I've always had a bit of a fascination with finding out what happens after we die. I think people used to know and the info has been covered up, at least in the west, and is only now coming back into circulation.

I've lately been looking at Tibetan Buddhist Phowa, which is a funny one... most Buddhist forms focussing on impermanence and self projection of the bardo death state. Phowa intead is for if you decide you might not reach full enlightenment in this life but instead might like to be reincarnated in the higher dimensions via leaving the body through the higher chakras upon death, preferably the crown.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

This is why I would rather stay awake in my dreams, it always feels more real in my dreams than being awake here.

A lot of systems of knowledge, including kabbalah and Buddhism, put this Earth dimension at around the top level of the lower dimensions. When I woke back up here I was not impressed at all, but I was told we were doing something important here, that there was a purpose to life here, which made me feel a little better.

As each dimension is said to be a less apparently perfect reflection of the one above it until the source of all creation, I believe the astral dream realms, being higher dimensions, are realer than here. Wish I could wake in my dreams more

edit on 15-8-2013 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Have you ever experienced that which some call turiya?

In Hindu philosophy, turiya (or caturiya, chaturtha) is the experience of pure consciousness. It is the background that underlies and transcends the three common states of consciousness of waking consciousness, dreaming, and dreamless sleep.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Question: Does this meaningfully connect, do you OBE's think, to the "afterlife" or like ghosts?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Its like projecting with imagination into the movie, the never ending story, the plasmic field that connects the whole universe that used to be called "ether". I agree, this is akin to lucid dreaming or sleeping and we all want to wake up. We need to turn the dial up on our love and overcome lower primitive instincts and mind and reactions, and start to understand and care for each other to wake up permanently.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Originally posted by BlueMule

Have you ever experienced that which some call turiya?

In Hindu philosophy, turiya (or caturiya, chaturtha) is the experience of pure consciousness. It is the background that underlies and transcends the three common states of consciousness of waking consciousness, dreaming, and dreamless sleep.

Apologies for my slow reply. Life's dramas.

No, I think not, the state I experienced was still within the bounds of the self created experience, a higher dimension or perhaps the causal body in the link, not the ultimate.

What you refer to is maybe the same as rigpa in Tibetan Dzogchen , the great perfection, empty awareness. I"ve been researching non dualistic systems, and they seem to be the most advanced, with 4 levels of enlightenment leading to the rainbow body, and doing some of the exercises but am only really a beginner not at 1 yet. Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard of Turiya.
edit on 21-8-2013 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join