It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

not a ufo,but real cool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Check this out someday they will be sendin cargo through a blimp, www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by warren408

With these things flying around our skies in the near future....not to mention all the strange looking drones that are already flying right now....I foresee a huge increase in reported UFO's coming!

In fact I once read a pretty believable suggestion that the large black triangle type UFO's people have been seeing in recent years is actually a military type of stealthy hybrid-blimp design. (I don't have a link about that, as I am just recalling the idea from reading about it.)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yeah, it is really, really cool. I enjoyed the video very much. Here is a version that we can post here...

I am pretty sure that plenty of people had thought of this idea,. The problem is that the moment that this lighter-than-air cargo system is in place the trucking industry will be turned on its head. The implementation of this sort of system would change many things. We would have to begin helium farming, probably on the Moon, as there is a finite amount of helium here on earth and we are running the supply down even without a massive lighter-than-air cargo transport system.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Aw man, I don't know. I'm already paranoid driving on the interstate with truckers who've been up for two days straight power tripping no doz'd out flying by going 80mph. Now they'll be IN THE SKIES!?!?!

"Aw dude, what happened to your house?"

"Super blimp carrying oranges, man."

Will homeowners insurance cover that?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
These helium ships are already a dead-end technology or will be very soon due to how expensive will be to run with helium.

Sadly, there is a blind ignorance to how immensely important Helium is, how extremely rare it is on earth and that it is a non-renewable squandered resource.

We (Americans) are kept in the dark while corrupt treasonous gov insiders/politicians allow our US helium reserves to be raped by foreign companies & countries, sold-off for literally nothing compared to its worth. By my studies (US Helium Reserves) will be emptied within a year, two at most but the Gov reports will have you believe not for another 5 years at least but what difference does it make? Inside of 10 years everything made, dependent or connected to helium will be affected exponentially.

I guess when party balloons cost $20 each, only then will the American people wake to what took place under our pathetic watch.

Just another crazy conspiracy, no worries, no need to research.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here's skunkworks hybrid version. This thing is a beast and can land on water...

P791

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by warren408

Not really, if we are running short of Helium reserves. I would think it would be more important to supercool MRI machines to find cancers, than to ship oranges cheaply to Cheboygan, Michigan.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Airships are inherently uneconomic in the current system - they are slow and carry less freight than large aircraft, and require massive new capital investment for infrastructure.

As long as concentrated energy is fairly cheap (ie oil or a similarly concentrated alternative) then using wings for lift will be the more economic optoin.

there is a place for airships for long-flying platforms for sensors, communication relays and that sort of thing - but don't waste you money on proposals for them to become commercially viable heavy lifters.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Last time someone tried something like that (look up "Cargolifter") they ran out of money before they had more than a hangar and a miniature (1:8) prototype.
edit on 12-8-2013 by as4000 because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
Yeah, it is really, really cool. I enjoyed the video very much. Here is a version that we can post here...

I am pretty sure that plenty of people had thought of this idea,. The problem is that the moment that this lighter-than-air cargo system is in place the trucking industry will be turned on its head. The implementation of this sort of system would change many things. We would have to begin helium farming, probably on the Moon, as there is a finite amount of helium here on earth and we are running the supply down even without a massive lighter-than-air cargo transport system.

They do not use helium. Blimp technology has come a long way, it's a shame it was never dominant.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kneverr
These helium ships are already a dead-end technology or will be very soon due to how expensive will be to run with helium.

Sadly, there is a blind ignorance to how immensely important Helium is, how extremely rare it is on earth and that it is a non-renewable squandered resource...

They do not require helium. Hybrid airships may contain part helium, but their design makes the amount minimal.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
The problem is that the moment that this lighter-than-air cargo system is in place the trucking industry will be turned on its head.

No, it really won't. I can run coast to coast in less than 2 full days if I push really hard. This thing would beat my best coast to coast time by about 15 hours or so, but that's only flight time. That's not counting getting your cargo to the airfield, getting it loaded, getting it unloaded, putting it on another truck, and getting it to the destination. That's also assuming a straight run, at full speed (138 mph), the entire distance coast to coast. Winds at altitude are a bitch at times, as well as having to avoid thunderstorms, that I can drive through.

The convenience of trucking will ensure that there is always a huge need for trucks and truck drivers.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
the nazi's would be proud! They liked they're blimpys!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

The convenience of trucking will ensure that there is always a huge need for trucks and truck drivers.

Until the railroads find a way to deliver door to door! Otherwise we will just keep throwing 200 trucks on our one stack train, while getting over 400 miles per ton on a gallon of fuel

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

Somehow I don't see that going over well at a lot of the places I deliver to. Especially in California. Some places have tracks and run rail cars up to the doors, but most never will.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
the nazi's would be proud! They liked they're blimpys!

godwin - you lose!

top topics

join