It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how normal people discuss 9/11

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

Originally posted by samkent

Originally posted by geobro
according to the news lately 70 percent of the american public do not believe the goverment on 9-11 .

thats over 220 million people i wonder why and i wonder at people who just post in the 9-11 forum all the time

If the MSM (news) lied to you about 911 why would you believe their 70% story?

Good point. I wonder what do people that trust MSM think about the 70% story...

We don't know where the 70% story came from, it wasn't sourced.

A very recent poll on the Digital Spy forum indicated that 21.49% believe 9/11 was an inside job and 78.51% don't .

forums.digitalspy.co.uk...

You don't have to trust every word from the MSM as a prerequisite to finding "inside job" theories implausible.
edit on 14-8-2013 by Alfie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Since I haven't seen the 70% story I'm left with a few questions.
Who did they ask?
What was the EXACT question they asked?
If they asked "if they still had questions about the OS", that's an open ended question. If they asked "Did the government created the whole 911 incident", that's different.

I would ask the same questions even if I did see the story.

How many of them have gone to their local media in their hour of greif and said "WHy should my son have died when Dick Cheney et all brew up the buildings?"?
NONE that's how many.

If the government couldn't shut up Snowen in modern times, how could they have stopped all the other potential leaks over the last 12 years?

I'm not saying this as a fact, but my personal belief is that quiet a few people are against the wars for various reasons. And judging by the medias track record it is highly unlikely that after a few of these stories were shown they would give any airtime to these people.

I do remember hearing that victims families that received compensation from the 9/11 fund gave up the right to seek more investigations or something like that. There was one widow that I remember who didn't take the money and died in a plane crash shortly afterwards.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

A very recent poll on the Digital Spy forum indicated that 21.49% believe 9/11 was an inside job and 78.51% don't .

I may be just paranoid, but I believe that these polls are not meant to tell us what other people think, but it's to tell us what to think.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Alfie1

I may be just paranoid, but I believe that these polls are not meant to tell us what other people think, but it's to tell us what to think.

herd mentality....

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Alfie1

Certainly sounds paranoid to me. You think 700 members of an internet forum have been orchestrated to provide a result which is a message ?!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

Originally posted by geobro
according to the news lately 70 percent of the american public do not believe the goverment on 9-11 .

thats over 220 million people i wonder why and i wonder at people who just post in the 9-11 forum all the time

If the MSM (news) lied to you about 911 why would you believe their 70% story?

If the government is soooo powerful that they can control MSM and substitute their own 'secret' video feeds, why do they allow ATS to exist?

Perhaps some Billionaire Media Moguls are connected to people in high places and vice versa.

Just thinking out loud.

As for why do they let ATS exist, why not keep it up and monitor than close is down and wonder what people are saying?

Again just thinking out loud.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Originally posted by Rosinitiate

reply to post by Alfie1

herd mentality....

Feeble response. Truthers are happy enough to quote polls if they think it supports their position; as we have just seen.

Feeble response? Um Hi Pot! it's me Kettle, your black!

I was speaking to MSM polls in general not any specific poll. Polls are designed to stir a populace, if they weren't then when polls stats that only 17% of respondents see congress in a favorable light you would see them all get # canned but you don't.

But if you want to package everyone up in a slogan of "Truthers" then be my guest.

My reality doesn't change based off of silly attempts to discredit and those that do are the ones with the feeble mind. Stay Sacred.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

reply to post by Alfie1

Certainly sounds paranoid to me. You think 700 members of an internet forum have been orchestrated to provide a result which is a message ?!

Isn't everything a "message"?

Your reply has a message, you're saying that I sound paranoid, and then you state a "fact" that 700 members participated in a poll on a forum called digital spy.

To one person your message is that 700 people wouldn't orchestrate the results in favor of pushing an agenda. To another person your message is that this poll comes from a place that has a word "spy" in its name so can it really be trusted that all votes were counted?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Everything you posted in this thread up to now. But that's not inportant. I know that there is nothing I can say to you that will change your opinion. You and I are actually almost the same (from what I can see in your posts) The only difference I can see is that you are unable to control yourself and politely disagree with my opinion.

Everything? I wrote "If this is your only claim, then you do not qualify for all the things you have been called." And you disagree?

I know this may seem childish, but your response is a bit childish to start with. You seem to avoid any discussion. I am not here to "politely disagree" with anyone who has another opinion, but to exchange arguments. I kind of fail to see what you are doing on a discussion forum with such an attitude.

From my point of view it's silly that you think you or anybody else are anonymous on the Internet.

Are you arguing that experts do not publish their work anonymously on the internet because of fear their true identity is being discovered, and they fear repercussions?

Do you agree that your argument is extremely far fetched? You are constructing a long string of very unlikely arguments just to explain why all these silent experts do not publish and keep silent. Do you agree that the explanation "they don't exist" is much more likely?

Honestly, all the information on architects and engineers for 9/11 truth website seems lagit to me, because I'm obviously not an expert in this field. Give me advise which experts should I believe that the papers published by anonymous experts are correct and which ones aren't?

Publications that are of good quality will get wide support among other experts, and you won't find reviews that completely destroy it.

Are you able to reproduce the results of the computer model used by NIST to determine how stage 2 of the wtc7 collapse happened? How?

And that matters because...? Hhmm... Is it because you are an expert?

You do not seem to be interested in the actual science, you just choose to believe anyone that calls himself an expert that happen to support what you already believed. There are literally dozens of papers and publications in support of the "OS", all widely supported by other experts in the field. For starters the NIST reports. Can you name a single paper from architects and engineers for 9/11 truth that has wide support and has not been completely debunked?

See? You had an opportunity to politely disagree, but you chose to accuse me of making things up, which implies that I'm either a liar, crazy or just plain stupid.

I don't think you are either of those options. I think you are just mislead and are suffering from confirmation bias. I would propose to attack my arguments instead of going into these less relevant issues. But if all you have to say is that you respectfully disagree to all my arguments, thats ok, will return the favor and refrain from any substantive discussion.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

Everything? I wrote "If this is your only claim, then you do not qualify for all the things you have been called." And you disagree?

Well this one sentence is kinda canceled out by what came after it. Here lets take a look at it again..

In the same paragraph you go on to say:

I suspect that other claim were made as well beforehand.

It's like saying if you got punched in the face just for saying that you don't like the way somebody parked their car in your driveway, that would be messed up. But I suspect you deserved getting punched in the face for something else you said or did.

The rest of that post was:

Still, some of the things in that list could still apply to that single claim. Such as “kook”, “nut job”, “pretend to know the truth”, “ignore evidence that support official story”. Although that depends on the basis you make that claim on.

The implications are rather huge. Questions like “how is it possible all experts were fooled while you were not”, or “how is it possible nobody talked in this huge cover-up” are question that require a very good answer if you do not wish to be called the things I highlighted.

Must I explain, or do you get my point?

I do agree with that particular statement alone, but unfortunately it gets lost in context of the whole post. I mean you didn't even separate it from the rest of what you wrote.

I kind of fail to see what you are doing on a discussion forum with such an attitude.

Not my fault you failed to see the topic of this thread.

Are you arguing that experts do not publish their work anonymously on the internet because of fear their true identity is being discovered, and they fear repercussions?

I am not arguing. I'm stating my opinion.

Do you agree that your argument is extremely far fetched?

I agree that you think it's extremely far fetched.

You are constructing a long string of very unlikely arguments just to explain why all these silent experts do not publish and keep silent

Hhmm.... I thought I just said that not going public with your opinion doesn't mean that you automatically accept the official story and there might be multiple reasons for people to decide to stay silent.

Do you agree that the explanation "they don't exist" is much more likely

No.. It's just as likely as people not caring about this thing at all, or just wishing to avoid any exposure, or being afraid of what others might think about them, or being afraid that they might loose their jobs, etc.

Publications that are of good quality will get wide support among other experts, and you won't find reviews that completely destroy it.

If you say so...

You do not seem to be interested in the actual science, you just choose to believe anyone that calls himself an expert that happen to support what you already believed

If that's what you choose to believe, then it will be what you believe. But since we are talking about me, I have to say that I'm 100% sure that you are wrong.

There are literally dozens of papers and publications in support of the "OS", all widely supported by other experts in the field. For starters the NIST reports

How was NIST reports verified (as in, was it reproduced with the same results)? By who? And with what?

Can you name a single paper from architects and engineers for 9/11 truth that has wide support and has not been completely debunked?

No. Can you name who debunked what? And with what was it debunked?

I don't think you are either of those options. I think you are just mislead and are suffering from confirmation bias.

Okay that's a little better.

I would propose to attack my arguments instead of going into these less relevant issues.

I'm sorry I'm not here to attack anybody or their arguments.

But if all you have to say is that you respectfully disagree to all my arguments, thats ok, will return the favor and refrain from any substantive discussion.

That's very nice of you. I suggest you start participating in threads started with the purpose of attacking each other, instead of having a discussion. Might save you some time.

edit on 14-8-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

"normal" people don't discuss 911. Normal people go to work, consume food and drink, laugh and watch TV then go to bed. All the while going on with the assumption the the government has the best intentions...

WRONG.

Many normal people do NOT think that their government has the best intentions,
they have merely set THEIR priorities in life straight;
I.E. "how do i feed MY family? How do i make sure that MY family and loved ones are safe?
How do ensure that ME and MY family can live a happy life?"

When these questions and the hardships that are required
to achieve such goals slap you straight in the face,
the question "WTF happened twelve years ago?" becomes irrelevant.

Of course for those who DID lose family and loved ones in 9/11,
the question is MORE than relevant.
But for the rest..
It´s a hard, unfair world out there that will chew you up and
spit you out if you don´t stay FOCUSED on what actually is relevant to YOU.

The rulers screwing the small people? Nothing new,
been going on for thousands of years.
edit on 14-8-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LionOfGOD

"normal" people don't discuss 911. Normal people go to work, consume food and drink, laugh and watch TV then go to bed. All the while going on with the assumption the the government has the best intentions...

WRONG.

Many normal people do NOT think that their government has the best intentions,
they have merely set THEIR priorities in life straight;
I.E. "how do i feed MY family? How do i make sure that MY family and loved ones are safe?
How do ensure that ME and MY family can live a happy life?"

When these questions and the hardships that are required
to achieve such goals slap you straight in the face,
the question "WTF happened twelve years ago?" becomes irrelevant.

Of course for those who DID lose family and loved ones in 9/11,
the question is MORE than relevant.
But for the rest..
It´s a hard, unfair world out there that will chew you up and
spit you out if you don´t stay FOCUSED on what actually is relevant to YOU.
edit on 14-8-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

Not that I disagree with what you said, it's probably true for most people. But when a person is able to step back for a moment and look at the big picture, he might realize that a lot of the hardship in his life today is directly related to the world events after 9/11 in one way or another.
edit on 14-8-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

By allowing the scum to run rug shod on us ad nauseam, we "allowed" ourselves to be put in the position of thinking that way.

That said, it doesn't make my statement WRONG. My statement was general which of course isn't appropriate.

"most" not "all" would be correct and although I hear what you are saying....I can walk up to 10 people and say what are your thoughts on Fukushima Daichi. And 9/10 will look at me like

Again, I will correct my statement that "Most normal people......"

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

As for people claiming things are covered up, which people, and what is their evidence? I am of course talking about people who were part of this cover-up and spoke out. Huge cover-ups imply the involvement of many people. Or else you should define what a "huge cover-up" means and how it was done with very few. And show evidence of course.

You might want to check out the video I posted here.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

reply to post by whatsecret

Hhmm.... I thought I just said that not going public with your opinion doesn't mean that you automatically accept the official story and there might be multiple reasons for people to decide to stay silent.

So you can't explain why, but you stick to your initial position that there "might be multiple reasons for people to decide to stay silent". Dispite my arguments why there isn't any good reason, and how it is the moral obligation of these experts to speak, to which you respectfully disagree but won't explain why.

It seems to me that this kind of reasonong leads to you being called the things you wrote in the OP.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-

reply to post by whatsecret

So you can't explain why, but you stick to your initial position that there "might be multiple reasons for people to decide to stay silent". Dispite my arguments why there isn't any good reason, and how it is the moral obligation of these experts to speak, to which you respectfully disagree but won't explain why.

It seems to me that this kind of reasonong leads to you being called the things you wrote in the OP.

Why don't you understand that just because you think it's moral obligation to speak out it doesn't mean that people will speak out? Are you from earth? Do you have human friends?

I posted a video full of whistle blowers. So obviously some people have morals, but for some reason you don't care about these people? Why is that?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth
This is a video just about Tower 7. Very compelling evidence....

These experts (all credentialed) are engineers, architects, scientists, and others - includes video shots - also there are family members speaking about what they feel and are pushing for FULL DISCLOSURE.

There are over 1,500 of these professionals standing together to call for the Truth. They refute the NIST report - and call for a NEW, UNBIASED investigation.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

HA!

you mean that video where they can't even get the time it took the building to collapse right....

please!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

What?

Sorry, but the people in this video have WAY more authority to speak about this issue than you simply giving a "HA! Please." - and are mostly Americans.

Are you an American Engineer, Architect, Chemist, or otherwise expert in demolition?
Yeah, I didn't think so. You're not even an American. And there was NOTHING laughable about that video. It's all VERY disturbing. But, go ahead and think what you want. *shrug*

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join